www.hurghadaresidentsassociation.com

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Desert Pearl 2 information and advice
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:46 am 
Site Admin

This is the place to discuss information and share advice for Desert Pearl 2

Although on the same development there are different issues and problems associated with each development eg. most investors on DP1 have paid 100% whereas most investors on DP2 have paid 40% so for clarity they have been split into different topics.

Post subject: Re: Desert Pearl 2 information and advice
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:40 am 
Site Admin

by bailey1972 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi All

Thought it would be good idea to start off some individual topics in order to make it easier to find specific information for those who have purchased in different developments.

Please use this thread to discuss anything to do with Desert Pearl 2

Thanks
Sarah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:40 am 
Site Admin

by celf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:38 pm

Good idea Sarah

There probaly isn't very much to report at the moment, until we hear what is happening with DP1.

Just hoping the landowner will accept our proposals for re-commencing build etc.. there will be huge amounts of money to be made, so can't see why not.
Whether ER will continue as the builder who knows......
Regards
Sue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:16 am 

As DP1 and DP2/CP are being treated as separate developments, is there any reason why DP2/CP cannot be nogotiated on a separate basis to DP1 now and not wait for DP1 to be sorted?

Could HRA negotiate for the ones who own 60% to make stage payments, i.e. 20% now, 20% 6 months and 20% final payment on completion, so that building can restart?

Could there be some provision for new legal contracts to be made with Owners & ER & Mabrouk. All done legally through DWS, with the same new conditions re: maintenance and management for the owners as DP1 and with the guarantee that owners would be able to own and register their apartments on completion?

If we on DP2/CP are going to sit and wait for DP1 to be sorted, we may be waiting a long time, when DP2/CP could continue to be built and finished.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:15 am 

Pinacolada wrote:
As DP1 and DP2/CP are being treated as separate developments, is there any reason why DP2/CP cannot be nogotiated on a separate basis to DP1 now and not wait for DP1 to be sorted?

Could HRA negotiate for the ones who own 60% to make stage payments, i.e. 20% now, 20% 6 months and 20% final payment on completion, so that building can restart?

Could there be some provision for new legal contracts to be made with Owners & ER & Mabrouk. All done legally through DWS, with the same new conditions re: maintenance and management for the owners as DP1 and with the guarantee that owners would be able to own and register their apartments on completion?

If we on DP2/CP are going to sit and wait for DP1 to be sorted, we may be waiting a long time, when DP2/CP could continue to be built and finished.

Hi Pinacolada, i tried this with ER but Mohamed point blank refused to do anything with DP2 and CSP until DP1 was sorted out and after the way issues have been dealt with on DP1 i am wondering whether the same will happen on DP2 and CSP. I am now really concered as i have not heard back from ER and asked them to contact me by end of play yesterday i told them the last thing i wanted was for legal action to be started but it appears to be the only solution. I have heard they are entering apartments and chaging locks, it seems to me they have no intention of working with you all and just want to claim back all apartments to resell. I think i have to conceed that i am getting nowhere and need to put you in the hands of solicitors, if they are going to play games and threaten with the courts then you may have to do the same. One last attempt may be for the solicitors to try speaking to them, i am really disappointed that they have chosen to ignore your generous offer. I will email with what i'm going to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:43 am 

Good luck Neil......looks like we will have to go to court, unless we try the egyptian authorities again?

BW :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:30 pm 

I too have received this reply, to a request to Doris at UL, as to the current situation with DP2.

Will have to wait and see if anything happens.

To all purchasers from project DP2, CSP,

This is to officially inform purchasers from the abovementioned projects that El Riad Company confirms that all mentioned projects will push through soon.

We will send to the whole purchasers draft purchasing contract which includes payment system and completion date that will be signed by direct from the owner of the project.

United Lawyers Company ask all purchasers to continue sending documents to our official Hughada address
United Lawyers Company
Villa 11014 Village Road, Touristic Center
Hughada Red Sea, Egypt
PO Box 422
Telephone: +2 065 346 2071
Fax: +2 065 346 2072
For more information, send email to info@unitedlawyers-redsea.com
Note: We are not responsible or will be held responsible for payment or transaction made with or to other people/ association/agent/broker.
Kind regards
Mohamed Refaat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:11 pm 

Funny I didn't get one.... mind you how can they send me a payment plan.......I paid my 100% nearly 18 months ago,..... expext more problems thats all I can say.... I sent my documents about 5 times by email, registered post, courier etc.... with no aknowledgment back..... and while I'm on the problem subject... What ever happened to Peter Morris ??? and the people who have his contract where do they all stand in all this now ??
Did he ever get charged with anything, all those weeks in a stinking rat hole for what ??
Is he back as WWDE main player, the WWDE that doesn't exist..... are they all in it together I ask myself. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: and have been all along
Maybe someone knows this answer. Also does anyone actually know who the owner of the project is??

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:24 pm 

DP2 & CP OWNERS

It must be blatantly obvious to all, that if in 3 months time, the court awards ER possession of DP1 through default of payment by WWD, that the next step is for ER to go to the courts again for possession of DP2 & CP, for exactly the same reason and do exactly the same again.

If there is no-one in court to represent us and oppose ER taking possession to resell, then this is surely what will happen.

If DWS are in court to represent DP1, DP2 & CP at the initial hearing and are able to establish that we have paid for the apartments and can prove it and also produce documents that show that ER allowed WWD to sign on their behalf. It would be up to DWS to request the court, that ER should honour all of our contracts or at the very least negotiate with us for a settlement.

Without any opposition ER will surely win and be able to repossess all of the apartments and resell them on to the Russians and other Egyptians.

All of those who are in DP2 & CP, who are holding back paying for DWS, thinking that ER will take back DP1 and will then nogeotiate with them, will I feel, be very sadly let down. Why should ER negotiate with you when they can take back the whole complex legally and resell them at 100% market value?

ER are unscrupulous and do not care about individuals, especially the apathetic English, and are out to make as much profit as possible for themselves. They think we're all rich and stupid and can afford to lose the money.

Does anyone know of anyone who has dealt with ER and now owns their apartment and has full access to to it?

If we don't appoint DWS NOW and let them fight for all of us, there will be no representation for any future court cases and ER will walk all over us, which is what we are letting them do to DP1 by not standing together and ultimately DP2 & CP later on.

If you haven't paid DWS, it may soon be too late. No good looking back later and saying 'I've lost my apartment, I wish I'd paid for DWS's help'. DON'T DELAY ANY LONGER, PAY DWS NOW.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:24 pm 

You are so right Pinacolada, it seems the good old British Bulldog Spirit is a bit more like a lapdog for some people. They obviously don't have the guts for the fight,
My appt is in CSP and I have gladly paid. If we don't stick together we won't win

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:07 pm 

I reply in connection to Pinacolada and scubamog.....

I have a friend who bought an apartment in DP1 fully paid up a long time ago ..they used the aprtment once or twice had to pay ER.... 4 figure sum..... much more than a couple of thousand for this luxury, didn't have a PM contract, received assurances etc.. guarantees etc... from ER personally and are now using a lawyer other than UL to take their contract to court to try to get it registered.... under the present circumstances.
This is the latest news they, as it stands still don't have a leg to stand on and at this moment in time cannot use their apartment.... this deal that they had made between ER/UL now has no validity and they are having to start the whole process once again...

This is a good enough reason and tells you all you cannot trust anyone in this fiasco, trust your instincts stay with the HRA and DWS...pay your money and lets get this sorted once and for all and soon.. my friends thought they could deal directly but unfortunately it cost them alot more and all for nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

That just proves that anyone who is waiting to see what happens, or think they can, or will do a deal direct with ER is in for a nasty shock. Don't just think this is only going to happen on DP1, it will also happen on DP2 CSP and all the other developments as well.

Ask yourself, how many people were promised their appartments were safe if they paid extra money to ER like CELF's friend did, How many went to Hurghada and dealt direct with ER and UL How many still have no legal right to their appartment, but just have lots of broken promises and worthless legal guarantees.

Now is the time to act.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:52 pm 

Yes it is a very sorry situation...... but lets people see the kind of people we are dealing with.
Do they sound like they are being helpful, honest and trustworthy !! No just Ruthless crooks...

El-Riad must be laughing all the way to the bank, (I mean their piggy banks not the Bank of ABU Dabai)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:44 pm 

I just thought i would mention my story to anyone who thinks El Riad will do the right thing by anyone.

In Feb of this year i went to DP1 to find someone living in my apartment without my knowledge ( using and damaging the brand new furniture ) after 3 days of arguing and high lawyer costs i managed to get them removed when i handed over the 60% ( in Cash )that i still had to pay, directly to El Riad and got a new contract from El Riad in FEb that still states feehold on it ??????
This amount was £3000 approx more than they would of recieved from WWD for 100% of the apartment.

You would think that this would give me access and the ability to rent the apartment but no, everytime we visit we have to get the police and wave our El Riad contract about before we gain access for our own use.
And when we attemp to rent it and earn the income we need to support the purchase Mohamed cuts the power as the Tenant arrives so they go elsewhere.

The Moral of the story is join the fight and join the legal fund

Pinacolada wrote:
DP2 & CP OWNERS

It must be blatantly obvious to all, that if in 3 months time, the court awards ER possession of DP1 through default of payment by WWD, that the next step is for ER to go to the courts again for possession of DP2 & CP, for exactly the same reason and do exactly the same again.

If there is no-one in court to represent us and oppose ER taking possession to resell, then this is surely what will happen.

If DWS are in court to represent DP1, DP2 & CP at the initial hearing and are able to establish that we have paid for the apartments and can prove it and also produce documents that show that ER allowed WWD to sign on their behalf. It would be up to DWS to request the court, that ER should honour all of our contracts or at the very least negotiate with us for a settlement.

Without any opposition ER will surely win and be able to repossess all of the apartments and resell them on to the Russians and other Egyptians.

All of those who are in DP2 & CP, who are holding back paying for DWS, thinking that ER will take back DP1 and will then nogeotiate with them, will I feel, be very sadly let down. Why should ER negotiate with you when they can take back the whole complex legally and resell them at 100% market value?

ER are unscrupulous and do not care about individuals, especially the apathetic English, and are out to make as much profit as possible for themselves. They think we're all rich and stupid and can afford to lose the money.

Does anyone know of anyone who has dealt with ER and now owns their apartment and has full access to to it?

If we don't appoint DWS NOW and let them fight for all of us, there will be no representation for any future court cases and ER will walk all over us, which is what we are letting them do to DP1 by not standing together and ultimately DP2 & CP later on.

If you haven't paid DWS, it may soon be too late. No good looking back later and saying 'I've lost my apartment, I wish I'd paid for DWS's help'. DON'T DELAY ANY LONGER, PAY DWS NOW.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:35 am 

I have paid 40% for a 2-bed in Desert Pearl 2. I have thought about joining DWS/ HRA but from what I can see the only potential option appears to be to complete on the apartments and possibly even pay a bit more on top of the outsatnding 60% as well as the money to join DWS. Of course DWS may ask for some more money when the initial £300 runs out from each member.

I may be tempted to join the DWS fund if I knew they were also pursuing getting a refund for the those who want their 40% back and to date I have seen nothing about this option. Can anyone enlighten me or provide me with an update on this. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:35 pm 

Hi rcb1980

Where exactly do you think you could get your 40% refund from? WWD did not pay ER and ER are trying to get as much money together as possible to repay the mortgage on DP1.

The only options I can see, that are available at the moment are, either pay the small sum of £400.00 to the HRA and get legal representation from DWS and claim your apartment and pay any money that's due and, if you don't want your apartment, sell it and hopefully make a profit or the other option is to walk away, let ER repossess your apartment and lose your 40%.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:48 pm 

Hi rcb1980
adding the what Pinacolada has said remember the more people join the cheaper it will be

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:04 pm 

Pinacolada wrote:
Hi rcb1980

Where exactly do you think you could get your 40% refund from? WWD did not pay ER and ER are trying to get as much money together as possible to repay the mortgage on DP1.

The only options I can see, that are available at the moment are, either pay the small sum of £400.00 to the HRA and get legal representation from DWS and claim your apartment and pay any money that's due and, if you don't want your apartment, sell it and hopefully make a profit or the other option is to walk away, let ER repossess your apartment and lose your 40%.

please explain to me ? i thought the only way you could recieve your contrast is by paying el- riad the 40%

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:27 pm 

No one knows anything for sure apart from if people do nothing, they will lose whatever they have paid and the apartments they signed up for. I am sure that many people would be very happy if they could get their money back but like pinacolada says... from who?? I have always just wanted my apartment, that I reserved and paid the deposit for.

I am amazed that people think that £400 is a lot of money to lose when they have already paid thousands that they stand to lose and that after everything that has happened can just sit back and hope that it will come good for them. It has been made clear DWS are only negotiating for those in the HRA.

Yes, £400 is a few quid and there's the phrase throwing good money after bad - but DWS have the credentials to take this forward for us and the guys working behind the scenes are doing a stellar job co-ordinating the efforts - that's all the convincing I need to be involved with the HRA/DWS.

And, if everyone gets involved, the costs will be lower for us all!

This whole sorry affair has cost me a lot of money and a lot of trouble at home as this was my big plan so I have more than money invested in this. I can't/won't be one of the people to not stand up and be counted and the only way to do that is to be in the HRA.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:33 pm 

Hi

I have just spoken with Neil Hollingsworth regarding the meeting last night between DWS and El-Riad and he has stated that DP2 & CSP were not discussed at this meeting and also that DWS have been instructed not to offer any extra for DP2 or CSP.

Regards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:48 pm 

HI ALL DP2 & CSP PURCHASERS

By now you will no doubt be aware that Mohamed of ER has offered the option to DP2 & CSP Purchasers to swop to the Pyramids Beach Resort, which looks like being a nice resort, not far from Hurghada.

Any of you wanting to swop to the Pyramids Beach Resort, all well and good but for those of us who wish to stay in DP2 or CSP, we need to let Mohamed know that we are Members of the Hurghada Residents Association and want to deal through the HRA and use the HRA's Solicitor, Denton, Wilde & Sapte to negotiate for us (if necessary) and draw up our new contracts.

I don’t know how many of you DP2 & CSP owners are not HRA members but you will need to be if you want DWS to negotiate for you (if necessary) and draw up your new contracts.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:02 am 

i would not see any advantage to move from dp2 cps as this is in a fantastic area with great potential for rentals and resales.also build is well under way

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:25 pm 

TO ALL DP2 & CSP PURCHASERS.

Just to let you all know that we are now making a list on the private forum, for the HRA and DWS, of Purchasers from Desert Pearl 2 and Coral Sea Pearl, as to whether you want to stay on Desert Pearl 2 and Coral Sea Pearl or if you want to swop to the Pyramids Beach Resort in Hurghada.

Anyone Purchaser who is not a member of the HRA but would still like to register their choice, please email me on HRA Administration on hradp2csp@googlemail.com or 'private message' me from this forum by clicking on the icon on the right hand side with pm by the side of it and letting me know: Real Name, Apartment Number & Development.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:47 am 

I would be very interested to know if there are members of the HRA who are also with other groups trying to secure their apartments..
I am just wondering if anyone has managed to secure their apartment or had at least confirmation that their apartment is safe, meaning they have not been asked to move etc..just checking if it is across the board
Please pm me....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm 

Dear all,

On the members forum we have been compiling a list of people to contact to try & get some action on our plight regarding DP1, 2 & CSP.

We have been e-mailing & writing to the following & we hope you will join us & do the same to add fuel to the fire !!

British Embassy Cairo - consular.cairo@fco.gov.uk
Egyptian Embassy London - eg.emb_london@mfa.gov.eg
Primeminister - questions@cabinet.gov.eg
Minister of Interior - center@iscmi.gov.eg
noha.elgebaly@mfa.gov.eg
london@tamseel-ecs.gov.eg

Reham Samir Khairalla
Technical Member,
Cabinet of the Minister of Tourism,
Egyptian Ministry of Tourism
Tel:+202-22611732
Fax:+202-22637199
Mob.:+2-0101513073

rehamkhairalla@hotmail.com

Also added: letters@dailymail.co.uk <letters@dailymail.co.uk> because they promoted property sales in Hurghada and carried an advert for WWD on 27th June 2008

Watchdog@bbc.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:42 am 

To make sure we are all singing from the same hymn sheet, is there a draft email that is being sent that we can all use please?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:15 pm 

Didn't anyone else see BBC Breakfast TV this morning??

About 8.20am Mark Lovelock - Sean Woodhalls' brother - was sitting on the sofa talking about some guy who has supposedly found the plane wreck & wants half a million to recover it.

The presenters brought up the rumours about his brothers shady property business & he just said he had no evidence that it was true & it was all being blown out of proportion!!

Have looked on the BBC web page but the breakfast TV doesn't seem to be available to re-play.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 pm 
Hi, I am new to the forum and like many have invested in Desert Pearl 2
Having read details re the progress of this situation and kindly request both information and advise.
I note that DWS is referred, could someone explain who DWS and HRA
I have received no offer re alternative location, in fact I have received no contact from El or United Lawyers, they have acknowledged receipt of my contracts and requested documentation but no action plan. other than a new contract to be issued by El that has not been forthcoming
WWD Egypt have been in contact via email and a phone conversation with Nicholas Bickham suggesting that WWD is proceeding with litigation against El, through egyptian lawyers, to have them removed from DP1 & DP2 and a new contractor is in place to complete DP2. WWD state that all payments have/had been made to El and that El are the ones in breach of their contract with WWD.
I also understand, unlike DP1, the land DP2 is being built on is not owned by the bank or El and will remain freehold.
WWD are requesting dd payments over 12 months refundable against future maintenance costs, should they be successful with obtaining full management rights on DP1 & 2.
This is where I ask for help and advise.
Is there any mileage in committing to WWD Egypt or should I take another path.
Your response would be much appreciated

Regards Russ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:35 pm 
Hi. I have recieved the following email from WWD Egypt, that you might find interesting

It has come to our attention that Mohamed Refaat of United Lawyers is using a bogus OPPN email address. It appears as Mohd R [mailto:oppn_uk@yahoo.com]. He has no authority from OPPN to use this address and he is trying to appear as though he is acting on our behalf. He most certainly is not and you should not be taken in by this ploy. It is another example of his dishonesty.

We would suggest that you treat ANY communication that you might receive from him or his organization, with the very greatest suspicion and under no circumstances should you part with any money in his or any direction suggested by him.

We will be taking action against him as we believe that not only has he acted with a conflict of interest, but may also be guilty of abusing the Power of Attorney which some buyers have given him. If this proves to be true, then the consequences for him in Egypt are very grave indeed.

Kind Regards

Russ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:19 pm 

Especially for those who are still hoping to get their investment money , or who have problems with double the sale , - you have a chance to do it . I found a lawyer in Hurghada , which helped to solve my problems with El Riad. The impossible is possible)) who interesred in this can contackt me here or private mail.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:11 pm 

Hi I had (?) a property in DP1 , is there any news ? Rod Baverstock APT 301