www.hurghadaresidentsassociation.com

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Sunset and Red Sea Riviera information and advice
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:19 pm 

honeysuckle32 wrote:
Intasure deal with Egyptian properties, and are reasonable.

http://www.allianz.com.eg/ very good insurance .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:32 pm 

Thanks honeysuckle and robo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:10 pm 

We've gone with Intasure :D

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:44 pm 

I took these last week, Sunset is looking good and getting there :D

Attachment:
IMG_026_001.jpg
IMG_026_001.jpg [ 87.1 KiB | Viewed 5547 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_011_001.jpg
IMG_011_001.jpg [ 83.34 KiB | Viewed 5547 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_023_001.jpg
IMG_023_001.jpg [ 74.52 KiB | Viewed 5546 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_024_001.jpg
IMG_024_001.jpg [ 92.38 KiB | Viewed 5546 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:18 pm 

hi Neil,
thanks for the photos, it's starting to look much more lush and colourful :D .
cheers

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:42 pm 

Cappy wrote:
hi Neil,
thanks for the photos, it's starting to look much more lush and colourful :D .
cheers

fantastic place :) :)

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:32 am 

I was there last week too and they're now mossie spraying every night which pleases my hubby and they've put the flytrap boxes up too. The flowers are looking fantastic but its still a bit of a lethal walk at night with only lights shining up the palm trees so take or buy a torch. They were putting lamp posts up on the approach road between Riviera and Sunset so hopefully that will help. The swim up bar just needs drinks and a barman to serve them, all the stools are in. They have cleaners in and around every day tidying up after the workmen but its going to take some elbow grease to remove the green paint sploshes on the marble stair ways. Mohammed Swidurn is usually found in his 'office' by the pool to get anything done. Its amusing the number of men it takes to do a simple job!! Looking really good now :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:01 pm 

Has anyone heard anything about maintenance payments? Or how we pay for electricity and water?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:40 am 

Not heard a thing yet, still waiting. maybe it's because not everything is complete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:55 pm 

it's all very quite on the western front.

anyone visited and stayed in their apartment and got any up to date photos and info?
the grand opening of phase 1 is scheduled for the end of october

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:48 pm 

just found out since writing the last post that the grand opening has now been postponed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:01 pm 

It would be nice if someone from Pyramisa would actually take time to bother to tell we owners what the hell is going on. Every visit to our so called 'completed' apartment and complex has resulted in workmen and we have left everytime with work STILL outstanding. This opening drama is something else we have yet to be informed of. Mice and ants, filthy pools and rubbish everywhere doesn't make for good scenery. I can see me putting all this on another forum just so Nagi can see we're 'not amused'. Maybe then he'll do something about it. I'm going over in 3 weeks so if anyone wants their place looked at and to be added to the SP and RG whingers mail list just let me know. I've also started a discussion on the Sahl Hasheesh owners forum so feel free to add more whinges there so we can get something sorted before things denegrate much further.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:24 pm 

Now we've had Nagi's request for maintenance payment does anyone know how we pay for electric and water? What do we do with rubbish? Is internet connection free? Is the gym up and running? Sunset Pearl is now well over a year late being completed and no apology, what would Nagi say if we decided to invoke the late payment clause? I'm still deliberating whether to pay or withold this year's monies as due for late completion, anyone else considering this?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:39 am 

Yesterday I met with a few Sunset Pearl owners who have ran out of patience with Pyramisa and the way they are running the resort, I have also had a few people phone me asking how they can get in touch with other owners to form a protest group. I don't want to give out email addresses so I suggested I write something here, then send an email out to the 30+ owners I know and direct you all to this thread where you can then speak to each other.

The main issues at the moment seem to be the maintenance fees, utility fees, the service, rentals and it seems people are using owners apartments without their knowledge. I have spoken to my solicitor who says Pyramisa are acting unprofessionally and should be invoicing people for the maintenance and not as they are doing at the moment waiting for someone to use the apartment and barring use until the fees are paid which in some cases are as high as £7-8,000. They are asking for maintenance from 2010, 2011 and 2012, plus utilities, which to say some of these apartments have never been used are very high, one who has paid his maintenance and utility fees every year has been told he owes €319 (that's more than you would pay at home) for water and electric even though he paid the bill a few months ago and the apartment hasn't been used (as far as he knows!!). These maintenance and utility fees are ridiculously high and most people that have contacted me want to challenge them.

The service for guests and owners is shocking, as mentioned above they are demanding money from anyone using the apartments, whether it is for maintenance, utility fees or cleaning. One owner had a friend use his apartment, all maint and utilities had been paid each year on time, on arrival he was told he had to pay €3,000 before he could get the keys, plus 500le to have the apartment cleaned, plus money for electric and water. He had a small child with him and they had to stay outside while they cleaned the apartment, which was so badly cleaned had to be done again, even though Pyramisa knew they were arriving a week earlier. Imagine if that was a paying rental guest who then went to Trip Advisor to write a review!!

Those that bought these apartments as investments have been badly let down because of the type of service being given, rentals have been non existent, Paul Welling from Well Placed Apartments tried renting them and came up against the poor service and was forced to pull the plug as it was reflecting badly on his company and he had to refund most rental fees. The good news is that Paul has been working on a way to avoid Pyramisa and try to increase the service levels to encourage more rentals, he has formed a new company and found new handling agents in Sahl Hasheesh that can bypass Pyramisa. Please contact Paul direct on paul@wellplacedapartments.co.uk for more information if you would like to rent your apartment.

A very disturbing issue is the fact these apartments seem to be used without the owners consent or knowledge, I would suggest everyone changes their locks and use a local key holder and not the on-site staff. We can get your locks changed which doesn't cost a lot and I can also find a key holder if you require one, I would say if there were enough people £20 per month to have your key looked after and when needed they would travel to Sahl Hasheesh, have it ready for any rentals, be on call if anyone needed access for work or cleaning etc... Just let me know.

As for outstanding maintenance, I have had this conversation with many people and I can understand why you are all annoyed, because the resort wasn't ready for use and I still think there are things to be done like the swim up pool bar, gym yet they are asking for thousands in maintenance fees. On top of this they aren't invoicing and not many people know exactly what they owe, my reply has been to speak to Pyramisa direct and suggest they do a deal to clear the balance and they start a clean slate and start doing things properly. They invoice, they issue receipts, they charge utilities on an annual basis with the maint fee and don't try charging rental guests (unless notified that the rental guests are to pay the fees and the guests are aware of this), apartments are cleaned ready for use BEFORE people arrive etc... I think using Paul's service will alleviate most of these issues.

So here it is a place for you all to speak to each other, find out each others experience of Pyramisa, have you been invoiced for maintenance, have you done a deal to get it cleared up, have you spoken to any lawyers about the miss management, lack of invoicing, lost rental due to Pyramisa's incompetence etc...

I have spoken to my lawyer as mentioned above and have discussed with the few people I have spoken to that it might be a good idea to have a letter written by the lawyer, detailing all the issues/failings of Pyramisa and suggesting this is a final warning before you all look at a group legal action for miss management, possible illegal use of apartments, high utility fees, high maintenance fees, lack of invoicing/receipts etc... etc... This could be signed of on behalf of 20-30 owners who feel they have been patient enough and now want action. Thoughts on this and anyone interested please contact me direct so I can compile a list of people, it won't cost anything to send the letter (I will ask my lawyer to do it).

If anyone wants to bring up any other issues please feel free also please let everyone you know on Sunset Pearl, Riviera Gardens about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:42 pm 

One good comment has been made, if you do use a key holder within the monthly payment could be a monthly inspection of the apartment and check it is ok, maybe check meters, open windows to let some air in etc..?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:30 pm 

Thanks for taking leadership of this Neil, it really is appreciated. I for one would like to full steam ahead and issue a legal letter, for ALL of the reasons outlined above. Enough is enough now and things are obviously not going to improve without this. Please include me in this action, hopefully we will have more of an impact if we stand together on this. I welcome Paul at Well Placed Apartment's involvement and would like to change the locks on our apartment and use the services of a key holder please. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:04 pm 

I agree totally with the above post and thank you Neil for the work you'e put in yet again. I am definitely in for all of the above.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:33 pm 

Count me in too. The more people join in, the more they'll have to listen to us. We visited once, 18 months ago & the place was OK but dead. Who knows what has happened since. I've had no contact re maintenance costs, so I guess if we did go out again we'd be faced with the trouble as described above. Let's all work together to ensure we don't get bullied individually.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:57 am 

also a big thanks again to Neil for taking this initiative. i too will be interested in the key holding/ checking of apartments and having the locks changed.
together, as a group of owners, we will have a bigger voice and matters are more likely to get sorted more swiftly or at least with a general consensus of agreement and will be in both owners and the developers (Nagi) interests to work together.

Post subject: Re: Sunset Pearl & Riviera Gardens information and advice
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:57 pm 

Hi everyone im an owner on sunset pearl looks like people are upset about fees i to am concerned because i have not even had invoice asking for them about the miss management i agree we should all stick together and fight for our rights a worried owner Carl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:41 am 

I am also an owner of a 2 bed in sunset pearl. I am delighted we are all looking to take action as this situation has become shambolic and pyramisa should not be allowed to get away with it!

I met Neil a few years ago when myself and 10 friends all purchased on sunset pearl. After pyramisa tried to rip us off for furniture packages I was put in touch with Neil through a good friend who has a few properties in Egypt. Neil is one of the most genuine honest people I have ever met and i can honestly say without him I do not know what my friends and i would have done without him! He saved us a fortune and provided us with some really nice furniture. I have been in regular contact with Neil since meeting him and he has kept me up to date with the shocking goings on at our development, despite all his hard work and unpaid time trying to sort it out.

It really is about time we all got together and took some group action to sort out the complete mis management of our development. I personally know some of the goings on and have heard about other situations that owners have had, and to say these apartments are our hard earned investments we can not allow this to carry on.

Regarding the very high maintenance costs, we never signed any contracts re maintenance? How can we have been charged these high costs when the development was no where near finished! Until lately there was no restaurant open, no pool bar open, no poolside restaurant open, still no gym open! Plus other problems. Because of this people who took the odd rent were left with serious complaints, had to refund rental money, had to find alternative accommodation for guests and sunset now has bad reviews on trip advisor which is damaging for all owners. It has been impossible to rent our properties or even stay in them ourselves! This really is a sad state of affairs as I am one of the owners who stupidly paid all maintenance costs and utilities for an apartment that has sat empty and unused! We have evidence of our apartments being used without our knowledge and damage been done to apartments which is disgusting! We really need to change our locks ASAP and ensure this no longer happens.

We really can make a difference together. Thanks for all your help Neil, and lets put an end to this mis management and bullying from pyramisa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:27 pm 

Sandra wrote:
This looks like another saga of contracted agents running amock with poa's from the parent company. If I remember correctly this development was another El Riad fiasco until the Pyramisa corporation took full ownership. I wonder if skeletons are still in the cupboard.
The project was a great development and I wished I had bought there but it was a lot more expensive at the time but seeing these comments I must ask, can any Egyptian run anything honestly?

Sandra, this has never been an El Riad development, it has always been a Pyramisa one. It was WWD that were the master agents like they were for the El Riad developments.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:58 pm 

Hi Neil,
we were there the end of May, they got me for my electricity and water, which i think was at a fair price, but told them that i would write to Nagi re the maintenance, as far as i am concerned there is no way i want to pay for 2010,11 due up until this point you couldn't rent the flat out due no bar, gym, restaurant etc etc,
this year i would now be prepared to start paying, but still think it's excessive.

when leaving last time, 2 days after paying my utilities, our taxi driver was given a hard time, getting in and waiting for us next to the main reception, then when we got in the taxi 2 guys said we hadn't paid, thus slowing my exit to the airport, getting P'd off we produced a receipt for the payment which they didn't seem to be able to read, but then once they believed us they asked if they could copy it, at which point the got told to go forth, next stop the main gate, security " you can't go, you have to go back to reception" now boiling i let rip at him and at that point he had a call which told him to let me go, he was very apologetic and opened the gate.

so as you can imagine i didn't leave with great last day memories, shame when are they going to learn they are killing the tourist trade themselves.

We had already changed one of our locks, so now have 2 as their one really wouldn't take a lot to get into!

So maybe time to change again as you suggest.

Anyone had their deeds yet? my friend wrote to Nagi and said he would pay his maintenance if he sent the deeds, which he did, but was all in Arabic so could have been a Senzo shopping list!

Anyway keep up the good work Neil, and count us in too.

Ken & Jacky.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:23 pm 

It seems some of us have paid full maintenance costs for the 2 years ( and we were still told we hadn't! Until Neil produced all receipts and argued for weeks) I agree with the last post that there is no way any of us should have been charged or paid any maintenance for 2010/11 as the complex was no where near open! Plus the place has been a mess whenever anyone has visited and the nightmare stories that have been going on there are a disgrace. I personally know the family who went out there with a small baby and were told they needed to pay €3000 plus utilities to get in the apartment when everything had been paid for2 years! Even with receipts it took Neil weeks to get pyramisa to admit they had all been paid. The apartment was filthy and my friends and baby had to wait in the sweltering heat for hours for them to clean to a poor standard when they had already been pre warned weeks before the arrival

We need to speak with nagi as we should all start witha clean slate when they have fully delivered what we paid for and that includes the gym open plus everything else onsite and the whole complex neat and tidy to a high standard.

The owners that have paid maintenance costs for the last 2 years should be credited and not have to pay any maintenance for the next 2 years as this is only fair. Once everyone is on a level playing field we all need to negotiate a new fee for the future as I think we all agree that the current charges are too high.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:18 am 

I think we now need a strategy and plan to take this forward as a group led by Neil as above and use our collective power to make things happen. What are we going to do and what timescales are we looking at for a resolution to what we are asking for? What are we going to do as a group if we don't achieve our objective towards Pyramisa?

I've just had a request for 2 years maintenance at 1,712 Euros per year! (They haven't even managed to spell my name correctly so I think that epitomises what we are dealing with-they don't really care about anything as long as they can take your money!)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 am 

I totally agree with all the statements above, I have a two bed apartment and I have paid all maintenance fees, and for it to be mismanaged in such a way is a disgrace. I would like to move forward together and try and get this under control as soon as possible. Locks changed seems a good place to start and I agree with Nick, if we've paid maintenance fees for a service and it hasnt been delivered we should be credited for the next two years!

Thanks Neil for all your help, can't believe what you've had to do just to prove payment alone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:53 am 

Dear All, I have emailed Mr Nagi and asked him if we can meet next time I go out there and I will sit down with him and try to explain what is being done wrong, how it could be done better and how we can move the resort forward to make it the fantastic place it could be.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:23 pm 

LADYMUKK wrote:
HAS ANYONE ELSE WHO IS WAITING FOR A TAAMIR MORTGAGE RECIEVED AN EMAIL FROM JASON MORGAN REGARDING AN ALTERNATIVE DEVELOPER MORTGAGE.

Is Jason Morgan trustworthy? He signed my Desert Pearl contract - not sure if he had any correct POA or not to do it though?
He used to work for WWD, so be careful.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:18 pm 

Hiya, Sounds as if you are all having problems with SP and Nagi. I keep ALL receipts at the apartment and we always pay for whatever water (guesstimate) and electric each visit. I also take over a copy of the receipt for maintenance and as I also have my laptop Nagi does get stroppy emails from me. The electric per unit is the same price as at El Andalous and they were about to fit water meters when I left in May. We refused to pay our 2010 maintenance as the place was akin to a building site and you would have had to wear a hard hat if in the UK. 2011 the electric was up and running (no generator) BUT there were power cuts which was down to ERC and not Pyramisa. We paid last year using our apartment for 5 weeks, generally the place looked weary because of the problems of post revolution. March this year everything was looking good, gym wasn't open although all the equipment was inside. May SP looked fantastic.... gardens all neat and tidy, gym open, staff everywhere. Poolbar wasn't open as such but you could ask the waiters and they'd get you 1 from the hotel bar. We have an Egyptian friend who holds our keys and cleans through, stocks the fridge (Sakara of course!) and turns electric and water on the day before we come. I do object though to glass being used poolside. We have yet to pay this year's money, having used it to ensure our patio door (4yr saga) was fixed. I know there have been problems with people not paying for utilities while staying there so the staff are on their toes to make sure it is paid. To be honest I have emailed Nagi loads of times and it amuses me to see what name he replies to me as. I wouldn't take this personally, it's just they don't understand our Christian/surnames.
What needs to happen is communication between Cairo and SP, to make sure all documents (receipts) are available on the computer. Another good idea would be a booklet explaining where rubbish should be left to be collected (this changes every visit!!) how to gain access to the MARKED SP umbrellas and sunbeds (don't forget our maintenance pays for these beds) on the Pyramisa beach when they are taken up by hotel people. Another problem we have encountered is the main gate security into SH itself, they stop our beer order with cheers! and it's impossible to explain without getting someone in SP to talk to the gate security on the phone. Nagi also needs to chase up ERC for street lighting along the road to SP from the Pyramisa roundabout, least now it doesn't have huge holes as it has been resurfaced.
We intend to get a locksmith out to fit a 2nd lock, strangely we found tape over our door lock and also on several others in C block, never did find out why though. We're going for 3 weeks from August 17th so hopefully things will have improved even more. As I think of other things I will add

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:00 pm 

hi all,

its great to see everyone getting involved. i sent the following e mails to Naggi to back up what Neil is trying to get across to him i also included his reply and i am still waiting for his latest reply!!!........

Subject: Sunset pearl / Pyramisa

Dear Naggi,

My name is mr Montgomery and I purchased apartment E03 at sunset pearl off plan along with around 10 other friends. We were sold on the promise from pyramisa we were buying into a 5 star resort in sahl hasheesh.

Since the apartments were built, myself along with my friends all furnished our apartments using Neil Hollingsworth after he was recommended to me by a good friend who has a few properties in egypt. Originally the furniture package pyramisa tried to sell us was very expensive so we decided to use Neil and save ourselves a good amount of money.

Since meeting Neil I would like to say he is one of the most honest genuine people I have ever met or had the pleasure to do business with. The situation with sunset over the last few years has been shambolic! And without Neil helping everybody out and apologising on your behalf for all the problems and trying to help, I am pretty sure we would have all got together and taken legal action a long time ago!

Through Neil I am one of the owners along with my 10 friends who have all paid maintenance fees and utility bills for our apartments, which until very recently have been impossible to stay in or rent out, due to so many reasons! I visited my apartment 2 years ago with my wife and I had to pay to stay in a hotel as the complex was no where near finished. Obviously I was concerned and was already beginning to hear some of the horror stories that were going on at the complex.

We are furious that we have paid utility fees for our apartments when the complex has been no where near finished and is still not finished! There has been no restaurant open, no pool bar open, no shop open, no gym open, no night lights around the complex plus other problems. Because of this it has been impossible to rent out or stay in our apartments , but the people who did try to rent out their apartments were left with complaints, and even had to pay to move guests to a nearby hotel as their experience of sunset was so bad! On top of this there have been quite a few bad reports on trip advisor that has been extremely damaging for all owners and the future of sunset pearl.

I realise after being on a few forums that all sunset owners are furious with the situation and there are some owners who have not paid any maintenance or utility ( I don't blame them!) I have had a conversation with Neil regarding the fees we have paid and he will be speaking to you in due course. I really hope you give Neil the respect he deserves as he has tried so hard to help all owners on your behalf only to be faced with arguments from your incompetent staff.

Im sure you are aware of the latest situation that happened only last month. My friend allowed his friend to use his apartment at sunset for a holiday with his wife and small baby. after Neil had contacted sunset to make sure the apartment was ready for their arrival and cleaned. They arrived from travelling from the uk only to be told that there was €2000 plus utility bills to be paid before they could enter! (which is illegal to refuse us owners our keys) Firstly all maintenance and utility's had been paid which receipts had been issued, and secondly the apartment was filthy!!
Again Neil came to the rescue and managed to contact your staff and prove that everything had been paid but he had to argue and spend his own time re sending receipts sent by pyramisa to prove the fact. The family and small baby then had to pay and wait 2 hours for the apartment to be cleaned before they could enter. On top of that some owners have evidence that their apartments have been used without their knowledge!

This really is disgusting and the final straw. Us as owners will no longer put up with this incompetence and bad management. And unless something drastic is sorted out soon we will be taking group action ( which has been advised )

We as a group have asked Neil to speak to you regarding our previous fully paid maintenance fees, and also future fees. We feel we need to be compensated for the disgraceful Mis management and for the fact the complex has been no where near finished and impossible to use for the last few years. We also feel the fees are too high and as we are all aware we have never signed any maintenance contract so we need to come to some agreement. The accounts need to be managed properly, as we can not understand how you can make such a mess! in the uk we have systems that are very simple but work effectively. We also want all the facilities including the gym to be opened and available for all guests ASAP.

We as owners all care about sunset pearl and it's future, and we feel if we all work together we can sort out all these problems and have the complex running properly.

I'm sure you can understand our frustration and anger at the situation. These apartments were purchased with our hard earned money and in a global recession we need our investments to be able to bring in money via rentals and to be able to want to visit with our families.

I hope to hear from you soon, and in the meantime I hope you give Neil Hollingsworth your full co operation in dealing with this situation.

Yours faithfully

Mr N Montgomery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:05 pm 

Here is Naggis poor reply followed by my reply......

Dear Mr Montgomery,
Thank you for your email.
The complex is finished and operating including the Gym and nothing stops you from renting your apartment.
We are cooperating closely with Neil and have solved all financial matters regarding the clients of Neil.
The annual maintenance charges should be collected in January every year to be able to spend on the maintenance of the resort.
If we don’t get paid on time and since years, how do you expect to get an excellent service !
This matter is now handled with close supervision for the benefit of the unit owners and in order to protect their investment.

Best regards
Nagi Azab

Dear Naggi,

Firstly thank you for your short reply.
However, I am disappointed in your attitude in relation to maintenance fees and the fact you have not really answered many questions or apologised for what has been going on. I have paid every payment and bill since I bought the apartment!

You as a company are responsible to collect the maintenance fees from all owners to ensure the complex is running how it should be. However you clearly have not! so why should us responsible owners be punished with a bad service?

It is also imperative you work closely with Neil regarding future maintenance fees because your accounts system is a disgrace. Once payments have been paid you should have a proper record of every payment and update your records accordingly.

I will be speaking with many owners and Neil and I hope to hear from you soon.

Mr Montgomery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:07 pm 

I have told Nagi I will be over in September and offered to sit down with him and go through how I think he can improve the service being given to owners on Sunset Pearl and Riviera Gardens however, I have had no reply from him!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:03 pm 

Hi Neil,

When are you going over in September. I have a proposition to put to Nagi, as no-one seems to be running Sunset Pearl and his accounts are in such a mess I would be willing to volunteer to go over and stay to sort out the accounts, set up a system whereby everything is run properly, and if he is satisfied that I can do the job properly, to manage Sunset Pearl.

I have a vast accounting and management experience, not in property but books is books! I know quite a few of the owners and I want to see this all work out for them and for Sunset Pearl to be the great place it should already be...it would break my heart to see this become another Desert Pearl!!!!

I have some leave starting 24 September and would be able to go over then to meet Nagi for an interview if he is interested in my proposition.

I will text you my new phone number as I have had to change it yet again because of a horrid little stalker.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:29 am 

LADYMUKK wrote:
Hi Neil,

When are you going over in September. I have a proposition to put to Nagi, as no-one seems to be running Sunset Pearl and his accounts are in such a mess I would be willing to volunteer to go over and stay to sort out the accounts, set up a system whereby everything is run properly, and if he is satisfied that I can do the job properly, to manage Sunset Pearl.

I have a vast accounting and management experience, not in property but books is books! I know quite a few of the owners and I want to see this all work out for them and for Sunset Pearl to be the great place it should already be...it would break my heart to see this become another Desert Pearl!!!!

I have some leave starting 24 September and would be able to go over then to meet Nagi for an interview if he is interested in my proposition.

I will text you my new phone number as I have had to change it yet again because of a horrid little stalker.

Hi Ladymukk, we will miss each other this time however, if you want to email me your ideas if Nagi does turn up to meet me I will discuss it with him or if not I will phone him and try to get you at least a chat with him. I think it is a great idea

Post subject: Re: Sunset Pearl & Riviera Gardens - Marketing & Renting
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:41 pm 

Firstly. let me say how saddening it is to read so many truly depressing stories. Most of my experience comes from Turkey where problems do exist (very significant ones in fact) but owners do at least get the deeds to their properties and the Turkish government is supportive of european ownership and tight legislation does exist to protect owners. Egypt seems by contrast to be an extremely difficult place to buy and own property and, as I have done in Turkey, I truly support each and everyone here. I personally lost £46,000 in Turkey so I know from personal experience just how difficult international property investment can be.

My reason for joining this forum is that my partner Paul Welling (I think you know Paul from Well Placed Apartments Neil) and I are simply trying to let those owners who have navigated through what looks like a legal and emotional minefield know that we do have some powerful rental solutions with some global marketing partners already in place for Hurghada. We are not expecting a mad rush, not even a slow trickle but it is important for you guys to know that when the smoke clears there is a UK company poised, ready and able to take on and market your apartments worldwide. I realise from reading many of the posts here that is probably not now but hopefully it will be soon.

For those interested you would be joining fellow owners with properties in Turkey and Tunisia - we specialise in Egypt, Tunisia and Turkey - so hopefully an opportunity exists to also exchange weeks and learn from other buyers in other countries - everyone who has purchased abroad has a story to tell, including me. I am not going to post our web address - I don't want to fall foul of the regulations here but I can be contacted by PM or email

I know it is easy to fall foul of members when using forums - it is not my intention to upset anyone. I can see that the way has been desperately hard for many of you. If I have upset anyone then I apologise unreservedly.

Dave Collerton

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:21 pm 

robo wrote:
honeysuckle32 wrote:
Intasure deal with Egyptian properties, and are reasonable.

http://www.allianz.com.eg/ very good insurance .

I noticed this post and thought I would mention that the key element of your Egyptian home insurance is 3rd partly cover which should normally be nothing less than £5M. This cover is extremely important if you are renting, in fact, you shouldn't even consider renting without it. Many local agents do not include anything like sufficient 3rd party cover which in general terms is a potential time bomb for you as an owner. In my experience one of the best insurers is Intasure - we work with them in Turkey for the properties we manage and they are quick to act and quick to pay out. You can easily find them online.

I don't know anything about Allianz. Use Intasure as a guide to the right level of cover - their policy is about spot on. If other major suppliers e.g. Allianz have similar or better cover at lower price then these companies should also be suitable.

The rule for the courts if something goes wrong is "chase the softest target" - this is generally the owner. Be on your guard.

Dave Collerton

Post subject: Re: Sunset Pearl & Riviera Gardens - Marketing & Renting
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:11 am 

vmsworldwide wrote:
Firstly. let me say how saddening it is to read so many truly depressing stories. Most of my experience comes from Turkey where problems do exist (very significant ones in fact) but owners do at least get the deeds to their properties and the Turkish government is supportive of european ownership and tight legislation does exist to protect owners. Egypt seems by contrast to be an extremely difficult place to buy and own property and, as I have done in Turkey, I truly support each and everyone here. I personally lost £46,000 in Turkey so I know from personal experience just how difficult international property investment can be.

My reason for joining this forum is that my partner Paul Welling (I think you know Paul from Well Placed Apartments Neil) and I are simply trying to let those owners who have navigated through what looks like a legal and emotional minefield know that we do have some powerful rental solutions with some global marketing partners already in place for Hurghada. We are not expecting a mad rush, not even a slow trickle but it is important for you guys to know that when the smoke clears there is a UK company poised, ready and able to take on and market your apartments worldwide. I realise from reading many of the posts here that is probably not now but hopefully it will be soon.

For those interested you would be joining fellow owners with properties in Turkey and Tunisia - we specialise in Egypt, Tunisia and Turkey - so hopefully an opportunity exists to also exchange weeks and learn from other buyers in other countries - everyone who has purchased abroad has a story to tell, including me. I am not going to post our web address - I don't want to fall foul of the regulations here but I can be contacted by PM or email

I know it is easy to fall foul of members when using forums - it is not my intention to upset anyone. I can see that the way has been desperately hard for many of you. If I have upset anyone then I apologise unreservedly.

Dave Collerton

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum and yes I do know Paul and his new partnership with yourself. We are still trying to sort out the issues with Pyramisa allowing the owners to rent their properties out, the problem is Pyramisa haven't sent out any invoices for maintenance and are just refusing to give out the key if someone tries to sue the apartment. So the owner hasn't been sent any notice or invoice as to what is owed, they rent it out the guest arrives and Pyramisa refuse to hand over the key until the outstanding bills have been paid (that the owner wasn't aware of), BAD REVIEW on Trip Advisor!!

I have been told what they are doing by withholding the owners key is illegal as the owner has paid in full for the apartment, and they haven't signed any maintenance contracts or even sent an invoice out to the owners letting them know how much is owed so Pyramisa are on thin ice if the owners wanted to take it to court. I am trying to speak to Nagi at Pyramisa and explain how damaging this is for the complex and Pyramisa's reputation as they also have Paradise Gardens to sell yet (plus many more apartments on Sunset/Red Sea Pearl).

I hope he listens and the owners don't have to go down the legal route, I also want to try and help show him how to keep proper records (even those that have paid still get chased for money as the accounts office in Cairo doesn't update the staff on site when people do pay), and how to set up online invoicing etc...

So far he has just ignored my emails but it has been Ramadan.

Once these issues are sorted, I have the details from Paul to send out to all owners I know hoping to get their apartments rented out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:17 pm 

I'm sorry some of you have had problems with Nagi and the staff here but to date I have been using our apt since 2009. OK way back then it was a bit hit and miss, electric was from a generator which only ran for 12hrs then needed switching to the 2nd, water went off, BUT we knew this when we went and still had a good hols. We have used our apt for at least 5 to 6 weeks a year since and I'm sorry to say I really don't recognise these problems you have been having. I have electric and water payment invoices for the past 3 years, maintenance paid and duly recorded on our records here, I have management contact numbers in case of emergencies (YES they do happen like in the UK) but these are normally sorted very quickly. Our friend comes in with his key and cleans round before we arrive. BUT then I think that's because they know us here, because we use our apartment. Right now (in Sunset Pearl right now) we have Russians renting apartments that think they own the place, they leave their rubbish on the grass when it's a 10yard walk to put it in the bins provided. Outside their apts is a mess which I have to unfortunately look down onto. We have been woken up at 4am by them partying, fighting and swearing. They take over the pool cafe area with their dancing practice using FREE electric to run their sound systems on. So thanks for this whoever rented their apts to them. IF you want to sort your problems out then get over here and do so. Stop whingeing from the UK and enjoy some sunny Egyptian weather. Nagi has been fantastic with us these past few weeks as we've had 2 wounded British soldiers staying with us and the staff have been great too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:12 pm 

Just a quick update as I'm still in Egypt, Mr Nagi has agreed to cancel the 2010 maintenance fees but he wants all other outstanding fees to be paid ASAP. Those already paid 2010 it will be split 50% credited to 2013 and 50% to 2014. Not exactly what I requested but he has backed down from asking for the 3 years fees.

I'm still discussing the fact I think you need a separate maintenance contract he says not but I think it is important and will be calling him again today.

I will do an email when I get back, but Mr Nagi has made the first move so owners that haven't paid any fees at all need to meet him half way.