www.hurghadaresidentsassociation.com

It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:04 am 

Hi All, when I have some news on what is happening I will post it on here, can I please ask everyone to stop emailing and calling. I have a lot going on at the moment both work and personal and I need a break from the constant phone calls and emails especially weekends and evenings. I know as an individual you probably don't think about the bigger picture and think a phone call or email is ok, but when there are close to 200 of you it is getting too much especially when I am trying to run a business as well.

The solicitors are working with their compliance team to come up with a solution how to raise you all as clients and cover the new money laundering rules, once they have found a solution they will start with the paperwork and contracts. The 4th floor licence hasn't been issued yet so I have no idea what is happening on this floor those with apartments here it is either going to, new licence issued, happy if not DWS will need to write into the contract you move or get a refund. El Riad are not replying to my emails or phone calls at the moment so I can't find out any news from them.

With comments written on another forum I am just about hanging on and really want to just walk away as I have a lot of crap going on at the moment so please just be patient and when I hear something you will hear.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Update
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:04 am 

Neil,

I am really sorry for the stress and abuse you are suffering. I know theres not the slightest chance I could have coped with it myself, it would have made me unwell a long time ago.

In life at the best of times you have to be very wary of mindless idiots. But events in Hurghada have gone so wrong and there are so many crooks out there and so many people have lost so much that even more such people are inevitably going to crawl out of the woodwork. It doesnt make it any easier though.

I am sure I speak for the HRA membership that we know what a real diamond you are.

Stephen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:50 pm 

Neil,You probably wish you hadn't started this but I am very thankful you are around and thank you very much for all your help. Like Stephen, I would have been totally lost without you to help and guide us. I'm sorry that it has caused you so many problems, but please ignore the idiots on other forums, here we all recognise what you have been doing and Thank You although sying that does not seem enough.

Carol

StephenB wrote:
Neil,

I am really sorry for the stress and abuse you are suffering. I know theres not the slightest chance I could have coped with it myself, it would have made me unwell a long time ago.

In life at the best of times you have to be very wary of mindless idiots. But events in Hurghada have gone so wrong and there are so many crooks out there and so many people have lost so much that even more such people are inevitably going to crawl out of the woodwork. It doesnt make it any easier though.

I am sure I speak for the HRA membership that we know what a real diamond you are.

Stephen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:34 pm 

StephenB wrote:
Neil,

Stephen

Neil

I am sure that we all echo these sentiments and a huge heartfelt THANK YOU for all that you have done and keep doing for us - it is SO appreciated

kind regards

Sue and Rich

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:26 pm 

Hi All, I have just had a phone call from DWS with an update. Their compliance team have been working on how to set you all up as clients and sticking to the recent money laundering regulations but keeping the costs down as every person is going to have be checked out. They have also had to change the process of paying them the first 15% because if for some reason they need to pay it back they would be charged with money laundering which they obviously don't want to happen. We are looking at a few other options to cover this, it may be we get El Riad to issue stamped receipts, but we will come up with something.

With the money laundering issues now sorted, Michael is speaking to Roland in the Milton Keynes office just to sign everything off, I may go to visit Roland again to check his team are ok with everything but we are hopeful by the end of the week we will be ready to start the ball rolling. With this in mind can you please make sure Carol and Sue have all your correct contact details, if you have moved recently or changed email address they need it to pass on to DWS.

I have also spoken to Mohamed, he has now given us some joined apartments, these are bigger than required but some people will be given the option of paying extra to get a bigger apartment, this isn't our doing and if we could get you all into the same size apartment we would. He and Yasser are also sorting out the 4th floor licence, it isn't just the council that is involved it is also the military as they have placed height restrictions on the buildings. I have been told other developers in the area have successfully been issued a similar licence so it should be a formality.

All this is very good news, so please be getting ready to supply certified true copies of your passports (this means it needs someone other than a family member writing on it "certified true copy" print their name and address then sign it, they need to see the original passport obviously). You will also need copies of 2 utility bills for proof of address these need to be no older than 3 months, each name on the contract needs 2 proofs each.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:41 am 

[quote="RivermeadGlobal"]Hi All, I have just had a phone call from DWS with an update. Their compliance team have been working on how to set you all up as clients and sticking to the recent money laundering regulations but keeping the costs down as every person is going to have be checked out. They have also had to change the process of paying them the first 15% because if for some reason they need to pay it back they would be charged with money laundering which they obviously don't want to happen. We are looking at a few other options to cover this, it may be we get El Riad to issue stamped receipts, but we will come up with something.

yes this is how i pay el riad and they send a stamped receipt back by email

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:47 am 

[All this is very good news, so please be getting ready to supply certified true copies of your passports (this means it needs someone other than a family member writing on it "certified true copy" print their name and address then sign it, they need to see the original passport obviously). You will also need copies of 2 utility bills for proof of address these need to be no older than 3 months, each name on the contract needs 2 proofs each.[/quote]

I'm obviously OK with the pass port thing, but all the utility bills for home are paid for by my husband and in his name. As this is my project what can I supply to confirm address. I'll obviously have bank statements(including a joint bank account) and mobile phone bills, will these do?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:27 am 

Scubamog wrote:
[All this is very good news, so please be getting ready to supply certified true copies of your passports (this means it needs someone other than a family member writing on it "certified true copy" print their name and address then sign it, they need to see the original passport obviously). You will also need copies of 2 utility bills for proof of address these need to be no older than 3 months, each name on the contract needs 2 proofs each.

I'm obviously OK with the pass port thing, but all the utility bills for home are paid for by my husband and in his name. As this is my project what can I supply to confirm address. I'll obviously have bank statements(including a joint bank account) and mobile phone bills, will these do? [/quote]

Hi Scubamog, bank statements will do, so don't worry.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:36 am 

Quote:
RivermeadGlobal wrote:
Scubamog wrote:
All this is very good news, so please be getting ready to supply certified true copies of your passports (this means it needs someone other than a family member writing on it "certified true copy" print their name and address then sign it, they need to see the original passport obviously). You will also need copies of 2 utility bills for proof of address these need to be no older than 3 months, each name on the contract needs 2 proofs each.

I'm obviously OK with the pass port thing, but all the utility bills for home are paid for by my husband and in his name. As this is my project what can I supply to confirm address. I'll obviously have bank statements(including a joint bank account) and mobile phone bills, will these do?

Hi Scubamog, bank statements will do, so don't worry.

I hope print outs of online bills are ok too, because I've gone paperless on everything!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 am 

I work in a bank so I regularly require certified ID and address verification.

We don't accept paperless statements so I doubt that a solicitors would either.

Most banks / utilities companies are aware of this and will send you a duplicate statement in the post - usually with no charge.

It might be an idea to get these in anticipation of the new contracts coming through.

Ang :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:41 pm 

if you have received an email from Carol requesting your contact details please reply ASAP, please remember Carol and Sue are doing this like me for free and they are spending all day every day including weekends trying to collate all the swaps, money to be paid, contact details, apartment details etc... and it is a nightmare. They are not there for taking flack as neither am I, we are trying to help you all get your apartments.

I am giving the deadline as end of work Monday for all those that have been asked for contact details to reply, as I need to get ER to sign off every apartment swap and make sure they agree to all the various deals/items to be replaced etc... This list will then be going to DWS to start the ball rolling with letters out to you all and then the contracts. You all need to be members of the HRA to be included so after this all updates will be in the private members area. I have been in touch with DWS and they have now told me the costs, these will be put in the members area tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone that has replied quickly and apologies for the bluntness but I need these details ASAP.

Post subject: Re: HRA NEW MEMBERS
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:32 pm 

IF YOU HAVE BEEN ALLOCATED AN APARTMENT AND.....

You think you may not be a member of the HRA please contact me and I will send you the details on how to join.

IF you have received an email from me reminding you to join the HRA because you have been allocated an apartment and DWS need your details to issue you a new contract, you have until Monday evening to contact me. I am sorry but I cannot keep sending you emails and information indefinitely so I'm assuming you do not want to join.

IF you have told me you think you have joined already and you haven't received a confirmation email from either myself or Carol, then I'm afraid you are not a member and will need to join ASAP.

After Monday I will not be asking, encouraging or sending out emails to people who haven't even got the decency to reply back.

We are nearing the end of what has been a most distressing 2 years for everyone, we can now see light at the end of the tunnel.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:41 am 

CELF wrote:

You think you may not be a member of the HRA please contact me and I will send you the details on how to join.

IF you have received an email from me reminding you to join the HRA because you have been allocated an apartment and DWS need your details to issue you a new contract, you have until Monday evening to contact me. I am sorry but I cannot keep sending you emails and information indefinitely so I'm assuming you do not want to join.

IF you have told me you think you have joined already and you haven't received a confirmation email from either myself or Carol, then I'm afraid you are not a member and will need to join ASAP.

After Monday I will not be asking, encouraging or sending out emails to people who haven't even got the decency to reply back.

We are nearing the end of what has been a most distressing 2 years for everyone, we can now see light at the end of the tunnel.

i have gone direct with el riad do i have to join my apartment is k401

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:08 am 

jeremybright wrote:
CELF wrote:

i have gone direct with el riad do i have to join my apartment is k401

Hi Jeremy, no this for people swapping over and wanting to have a new contract drawn up by DWS, as I have said before you already have one direct, not the best option but apart from having a new one drafted and all the previous monies paid, clauses added, old contracts nullified etc... there's not much point you joining however, I am sure all the members will bring you into the fold and everyone can keep each other updated with progress of the build.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:15 am 

Hi Guys

Anyone who I have emailed asking for information, I have emailed you because I do not have your details on the DWS spreadsheet. If you think you have sent them before, no matter, if I have emailed you, then please send them again, this time to me.

Other purchasers, who have had new swaps recently or have been moved due to new apartments being merged, please reply, so that I know you have received the information and you are happy with it.

Neil has given the dead line of end of work Monday 2nd August 2010. If you do not reply by then you will risk not being included in the listings being sent to DWS & ER.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:06 am 

Hi Pinacolada, I think you have my contact details, but if not - please email me on ntutt@pharmamr.com for them.

Nicola Tutt [Pebble8]
Swap fro DP1 J303 - to a one bed on MM

Thanks for all your help, you have all been absolutely amazing :) :D
x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:07 pm 

Hi Nicola

J303 DP1 to MM

I know Neil is exceedingly busy at the moment and we are trying to sort out the Pyramids Beach Resort swaps before the deadline of end of workday Monday. When Neil is ready to proceed with MM. I'm sure you will be contacted.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:40 pm 

Hiya.

Please could someone tell me if my swap from my apartment DP1 C202 has been picked up, i see that things are moving at a pace and fear i might miss the bus.

Adrian.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:57 pm 

Hi Adrian

C202 DP1 to C203 PBR

C203 has been reserved for you. Neil will have to confirm it with Mo. I have emailed you and asked for more information for the spreadsheet for DWS/ER. Please reply to it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:28 am 

Just to let you all know that the spreadsheet for Pyramids Beach Resort has now been completed and Neil has forwarded it to DWS & ER for their approval and for the new contracts to be drawn up.

All those, whose details are on the spreadsheets for a swap, are either fully paid up HRA members or they are in the process of becoming fully paid up HRA members.

Consequently, the list of allocated apartments has now been moved to the private HRA members private forum, which can only be accessed by fully paid up HRA members.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:07 pm 

Hi everyone, just to let you know I am back in Egypt and hopefully will get things moving along again, it seems to have slowed down a bit with Ramadan and Eid. I will be seeing Mohammed and Yasser plus I have been on the phone to DWS, I have informed everyone I want to leave this week having finalised plans and being ready for the solicitors to contact you all individually to prepare you for swapping over.

I will update as and when I have anything to report, anything for members only will be on the private forum, speak soon.