www.hurghadaresidentsassociation.com

It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: General Chitchat Etc...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:39 pm 

Thought I would start a thread for everyone to chat about anything and everything, questions, queries, etc....there are some very knowledgeable people out there.
BW :)

Post subject: Re: General Chitchat Etc...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:18 pm 

Hi all

Does anyone know how many developments El-Riad are actually involved in (In Hurghada) and how many developments they have actually finished, without problems that is.
I have been reading other nightmare stories on other forums and it's like our current problem history repeating itself , reading very similar situations, statements made regarding missing or non receipt of money , Master Agents unable to fulfil obligations, new contracts being issued left right and center, negotiations and promises secured and then retracted on a daily basis. This is only the tip of the iceberg, why is there one problem after another..... in one way or another with this companies developments.
I ask myself...... is it us the purchaser are we all so gullible or do they really dislike us so much.

What on earth is going on ??
Why is this happening ??
What is the solution ??

Many unfinished projects, many millions of pounds somewhere and many unhappy purchasers.

Does anyone know these answers...

These are my thoughts ...what are yours !!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:29 am 

Hiya

My thoughts are its all been one big scam from the start - and I am now so tired with it all I am seriously thinking of throwing the towel in rather than losing any more money! :( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am a DP2 purchaser and as it is looking now, El Riad are not playing ball with our recent offer to sort out the DP1 mess and they have blatantly stated that nothing will happen with DP2 until DP1 is sorted, therefore if it does go through the courts it is going to take years to sort out, and no doubt alot of money.

I'd like to know what happened with the Ocean View Property development in Spain that appears to be WWD first scam - was there a positive outcome for the purchaser (I think not, but may be wrong!)

Sarah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:20 am 

Hi Sarah,

From what I can remember about Ocean View, this was and still is to my knowledge being investigated by the Serious Fraud squad. This development didn't have a brick laid, money was paid for something that didn't exist except on paper.
Our situation is different because if one brick is put in situ it is deemed as being a development in progress and fraud investigations cannot be carried out. I have been told this on numerous occassions by the police etc.. I am also a purchaser on DP2.
I agree the situation with DP1 could take forever to come to a satisfactory conclusion and there are other developments in Hurghada in the same boat, how many court cases are there going to be involving one particular company and British purchasers although I believe there are other nationalities who have also had unsavoury dealings regarding their purchases. They cannot keep holding us to ransom, intimidating and bullying us. ........ When are the Egyptian authorities going to wake up and do something... this can only have a negative affect on their tourist industry and their economy.
We have come this far and I intend to see it through to the end, don't give up now, maybe we can get the other purchasers on the other problem developments to Join the HRA after all this concerns Hurghada, the place where we all put our hard earned money.... to develop this once small fishing village, literally putting it on the map..

I am totally at a loss as to why ER will not begin building again on the DP2/CSP developments, have they actually said why...other than they are waiting for the outcome of DP1 scenario..... this is not an answer or an explanation..... this is an exuse...
I really think it's about time to get our fingers out again and start contacting the appropriate people in Egypt.. I don't think we are going to get anywhere unless we do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:40 am 

Have just had another thought...... what would the implications and consequences be do you think if we could all arrange to be in Hurghada together to picket our developments... this would cause quite a stir especially if we could get the press involved, we must keep our case highlighted and show them we are not going to go away.... negotiations seem to have broken down once again.... what have we got to lose...

Is anyone willing??

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:34 am 

Like the idea of that Celf.

Have just bank transferred £300.00 to DWS. Let's hope everyone else will do the same and we can get the legal ball rolling.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:44 am 

Yes, Looks like it's the only way, will also be sending the money to DWS. Pity, I just fancied flying over to Egypt with my banner and rolling pin.......

The new information regarding El-Riad is quite an alarming revelation and could have serious consequences for us all, mind you nothing surprises me now regarding this company..!!
BW :) .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:55 am 
Site Admin

Please read the announcement "El-Riad new Information: response needed"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:06 pm 

CELF wrote:
Have just had another thought...... what would the implications and consequences be do you think if we could all arrange to be in Hurghada together to picket our developments... this would cause quite a stir especially if we could get the press involved, we must keep our case highlighted and show them we are not going to go away.... negotiations seem to have broken down once again.... what have we got to lose...

Is anyone willing??

This has been runing through my mind, expecially when DWS take all the crooked b******ds to court, I really would like to look them in the face and see who is taking the rest of my money. What was left after WWD had finished anyway. Does any one know how much was sent over to Egypt, originally it was said to be 20% but this I see has been reduced to 10%, wonder which if any is correct.. I hope that the Egyptian/ Hurghada authorities are taking note of all these problems in their building industry and the distrust it is promoting.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:17 pm 

you asked how many projects El Riad have, Celf, I've just looked on their web site, This showes 9 in Hurghada ans 1 in sal hashish. wonder if they are all in the same boat. If they are they really should to join us

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:54 pm 

Is this only happening to British people with ER or are other nationalities involved?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:07 pm 

A few cases of swine flu been confirmed in Hurghada recently...

link below..........

http://www.hurghada-information.com/ind ... &Itemid=87

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:11 pm 

Chris wrote:
Is this only happening to British people with ER or are other nationalities involved?

Hi Chris,

Have a friend living at the DP1 development will ask for you....but I do believe the scenario we are experiencing is happening on other developments with other nationalities too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

Do you think someone/anyone who is over there (resident perhaps, or long staying) would be willing to visit the other ER sites (british or any nationality) and make them aware of the HRA? putting up a few leaflets about the site, web site address passing the word around etc?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:45 pm 

CELF wrote:
Hi all

I am very new with this forum but understand all the frustrations with ER projects. We bought a unit in Suler and also another one in Desert Rose 3. The former has been mostly completed with some problems still to be resolved. But the later was supposed to be finished in March 2008 as per the contract, which also specfies penalties for any delay. Desert Rose remains a shell and there is absolutely no info in either any website or forum. It is a small projecdt but seems to have been abandoned. It would be nice to hear from anyone who has speficif knowledge on DR3 or otherwise.

Rgds
realinvestor

Does anyone know how many developments El-Riad are actually involved in (In Hurghada) and how many developments they have actually finished, without problems that is.
I have been reading other nightmare stories on other forums and it's like our current problem history repeating itself , reading very similar situations, statements made regarding missing or non receipt of money , Master Agents unable to fulfil obligations, new contracts being issued left right and center, negotiations and promises secured and then retracted on a daily basis. This is only the tip of the iceberg, why is there one problem after another..... in one way or another with this companies developments.
I ask myself...... is it us the purchaser are we all so gullible or do they really dislike us so much.

What on earth is going on ??
Why is this happening ??
What is the solution ??

Many unfinished projects, many millions of pounds somewhere and many unhappy purchasers.

Does anyone know these answers...

These are my thoughts ...what are yours !!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:21 pm 

THE BEST THING WE EVER DID WAS PAY £400 TO HRA, ESPECIALLY AFTER FRIDAYS MEETING AND MEETING NEIL HOLLINGSWORTH, STEVE THE CHAIRMAN AND LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE MEMBERS.

FOR THE FIRST TIME WE CAN CLEARLY UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT THE SITUATION IS IN HURGHADA AND SOME LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL. THE WORK NEIL HOLLINGSWORTH AND STEVE HAVE DONE AT NO GAIN TO THEMSELVES IS REMARKABLE.
HAVING THE NUMBERS IN THE HRA IS CRITICAL AND THANK GOODNESS THERE ARE MANY OF US WHO ARE INTENT ON WORKING TOGETHER TO ENSURE A SPEEDY CONCLUSION.

WHAT A PITY THAT MANY OF YOU ON THIS FORUM ARE IN DANGER OF LOSING YOUR APARTMENT(S). ITS NOT TOO LATE BUT YOU NEED TO ACT NOW.

WANT SOME GOOD ADVICE.....................SEND £400 TO DWS AND GET ON THE BUS TO RECOVERY WITH HRA

KATH AND KIM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:42 am 

We also attended the AGM and agree with everything said by Kath and Kim - the meeting gave a full overview of what has happened to get us into this sorry mess, and what meetings have been / are taking place to bring this to a conclusion that means everyone gets their apartments.

As this is the open area of the forum, I cannot go into too much detail - the minutes for the meeting will be available to members of the HRA who were not in attendance for a small fee (due to people not turning up on the day, the bill was much more than the £6 per person it would have been - not to mention travelling / parking costs plus a day of our time....) However, compared to losing thousands as many of us stand to lose, I am determined to do whatever it takes to secure my apartment.

We talked about the other groups that are purporting to help you.... the only money that the HRA have asked for go directly to the solicitors, DWS. Can you say the same for other groups?? DWS have made real progress (without them, the issue of the mortgage on DP1 would still be unknown!) and they have met with key people in Hurghada & Cairo and a deal for DP1 is close to being agreed. Can other groups claim the same or relay the progress the have made? Have you spoken with / met other people in the same boat as you? I am happy to speak to anyone personally, or by e-mail away from the forum.

NOW IS THE TIME TO DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO JOIN THE HRA OR RISK LOSING YOUR APARTMENTS - I FOR ONE CANNOT BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE CAN AFFORD TO LOSE THE THOUSANDS OF POUNDS PAID SO FAR! AND ARE HAPPY TO LET THIS GO WITHOUT A FIGHT!

If you are not a member of the HRA, ask yourself a few questions....

Do you actually know the full story behind what has caused your dream holiday home purchase to turn into a nightmare?
- If not, why not? How much money do you stand to lose?

Do you know where your money went? You paid to your agent, who paid to WWD - where did it go from there?
- our conversation with Grant Thornton (WWD administrators) answered this question for us at the AGM as they now realise that HRA is a serious group who have every right to ask these questions.

Do you know that El Riad have been selling DP1 apartments? They have said they will work with the HRA on an apartment by apartment basis only. They know which apartments DWS are negotiating on behalf of the HRA.
- is your apartment being discussed or are El Riad right to think you have just walked away?

El Riad are also victims in this situation. They are meeting with DWS regularly ( a meeting was held in Cairo on Friday night between El Riad / DWS ).
- who is working on your behalf, in Egypt, directly with the people who can make this happen for you?

Have you looked at other developments that are being sold in Egypt and seen the capital growth that is clearly apparent? Somewhere in region of 20% over the last 2 years already.
- You have already made money on your apartment. Are you happy to walk away and lose this money forever?

The Ministries in Egypt for Tourism and Housing are now well aware of this situation and are working with DWS to put regulations in place for future Real Estate transactions.
- does this not tell you that DWS are a serious player and have the attention of people at the highest levels in Egypt?

To have made a decision to invest abroad, in a country such as Egypt, we have all entered into the unknown and would be considered to be very high risk investors. We did so willingly, yet without full due diligence at the onset and many of us trusted people we didn't know. We now have all the facts, and clear ways forward for DP1, DP2 and CSP are being discussed. The risk here is being mitigated day by day by people working very hard for the HRA.

Please don't miss the bus with the HRA - we discussed at the AGM imposing a cut off date, after which time, any new members will have to pay more. The truth is that we want people on board now, so that when this whole sorry story gets to the end, and we have the mother of all parties across 'The Pearls', everyone will have been in it together. But please understand we can't wait forever. We have made real progess because 100 or so people have put in their £400 and taken this challenge up - so far this has been on behalf of everyone but this cannot continue indefinitely, especially on DP1 where it's at the stage of apartment by apartment!

I can't really say any more on this open forum but it's not too late to join the real fight for your apartments.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:01 am 

18 killed in Egypt train crash
Sunday, 25 October 2009 11:18
The death toll from a train crash south of Cairo has reached 18, a day after the accident involving two passenger trains.

39 people were injured in the accident yesterday evening but 12 of them had already been discharged from hospital.
A first class train, filled with passengers, rammed into a nearly empty stationary train on the same track, security sources said.
Advertisement Witnesses suggested the first train had stopped after it struck a cow.
The moving train was headed south from Cairo toward Assiut and Aswan, a major tourist attraction and the site of Pharaonic ruins, security sources said.
An Egyptian railway authority official said a technical committee had been set up to investigate the cause of the crash.
A series of road and rail accidents in Egypt in recent years has triggered an outcry over the government's handling of transport safety.
Saturday's accident took place in al-Ayyat, which in 2002 was the scene of Egypt's worst rail disaster when fire ripped through seven carriages of an overcrowded passenger train, killing at least 360 people.
A train crash in northern Egypt killed 44 people in 2008, two years after a crash that killed 58 people

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:23 pm 

Hi Everyone
Thinking of going to Hurghada for the first time can anyone recommend a half decent hotel suitable for small children on an all inclusive basis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:49 am 

For those interested in concerts..... BEYONCE at Marsa Alam November 6th......

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am 

ang3367 wrote:
We also attended the AGM and agree with everything said by Kath and Kim - the meeting gave a full overview of what has happened to get us into this sorry mess, and what meetings have been / are taking place to bring this to a conclusion that means everyone gets their apartments.

As this is the open area of the forum, I cannot go into too much detail - the minutes for the meeting will be available to members of the HRA who were not in attendance for a small fee (due to people not turning up on the day, the bill was much more than the £6 per person it would have been - not to mention travelling / parking costs plus a day of our time....) However, compared to losing thousands as many of us stand to lose, I am determined to do whatever it takes to secure my apartment.

We talked about the other groups that are purporting to help you.... the only money that the HRA have asked for go directly to the solicitors, DWS. Can you say the same for other groups?? DWS have made real progress (without them, the issue of the mortgage on DP1 would still be unknown!) and they have met with key people in Hurghada & Cairo and a deal for DP1 is close to being agreed. Can other groups claim the same or relay the progress the have made? Have you spoken with / met other people in the same boat as you? I am happy to speak to anyone personally, or by e-mail away from the forum.

NOW IS THE TIME TO DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO JOIN THE HRA OR RISK LOSING YOUR APARTMENTS - I FOR ONE CANNOT BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE CAN AFFORD TO LOSE THE THOUSANDS OF POUNDS PAID SO FAR! AND ARE HAPPY TO LET THIS GO WITHOUT A FIGHT!

If you are not a member of the HRA, ask yourself a few questions....

Do you actually know the full story behind what has caused your dream holiday home purchase to turn into a nightmare?
- If not, why not? How much money do you stand to lose?

Do you know where your money went? You paid to your agent, who paid to WWD - where did it go from there?
- our conversation with Grant Thornton (WWD administrators) answered this question for us at the AGM as they now realise that HRA is a serious group who have every right to ask these questions.

Do you know that El Riad have been selling DP1 apartments? They have said they will work with the HRA on an apartment by apartment basis only. They know which apartments DWS are negotiating on behalf of the HRA.
- is your apartment being discussed or are El Riad right to think you have just walked away?

El Riad are also victims in this situation. They are meeting with DWS regularly ( a meeting was held in Cairo on Friday night between El Riad / DWS ).
- who is working on your behalf, in Egypt, directly with the people who can make this happen for you?

Have you looked at other developments that are being sold in Egypt and seen the capital growth that is clearly apparent? Somewhere in region of 20% over the last 2 years already.
- You have already made money on your apartment. Are you happy to walk away and lose this money forever?

The Ministries in Egypt for Tourism and Housing are now well aware of this situation and are working with DWS to put regulations in place for future Real Estate transactions.
- does this not tell you that DWS are a serious player and have the attention of people at the highest levels in Egypt?

To have made a decision to invest abroad, in a country such as Egypt, we have all entered into the unknown and would be considered to be very high risk investors. We did so willingly, yet without full due diligence at the onset and many of us trusted people we didn't know. We now have all the facts, and clear ways forward for DP1, DP2 and CSP are being discussed. The risk here is being mitigated day by day by people working very hard for the HRA.

Please don't miss the bus with the HRA - we discussed at the AGM imposing a cut off date, after which time, any new members will have to pay more. The truth is that we want people on board now, so that when this whole sorry story gets to the end, and we have the mother of all parties across 'The Pearls', everyone will have been in it together. But please understand we can't wait forever. We have made real progess because 100 or so people have put in their £400 and taken this challenge up - so far this has been on behalf of everyone but this cannot continue indefinitely, especially on DP1 where it's at the stage of apartment by apartment!

I can't really say any more on this open forum but it's not too late to join the real fight for your apartments.

Hi I was not able to attend the meeting but am fully paid up member of HRA.

Who can send me the meeting minutes, I dont mind paying a small fee.
Regards
Ray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:41 pm 
pudkat wrote:
THE BEST THING WE EVER DID WAS PAY £400 TO HRA, ESPECIALLY AFTER FRIDAYS MEETING AND MEETING NEIL HOLLINGSWORTH, STEVE THE CHAIRMAN AND LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE MEMBERS.

FOR THE FIRST TIME WE CAN CLEARLY UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT THE SITUATION IS IN HURGHADA AND SOME LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL. THE WORK NEIL HOLLINGSWORTH AND STEVE HAVE DONE AT NO GAIN TO THEMSELVES IS REMARKABLE.
HAVING THE NUMBERS IN THE HRA IS CRITICAL AND THANK GOODNESS THERE ARE MANY OF US WHO ARE INTENT ON WORKING TOGETHER TO ENSURE A SPEEDY CONCLUSION.

WHAT A PITY THAT MANY OF YOU ON THIS FORUM ARE IN DANGER OF LOSING YOUR APARTMENT(S). ITS NOT TOO LATE BUT YOU NEED TO ACT NOW.

WANT SOME GOOD ADVICE.....................SEND £400 TO DWS AND GET ON THE BUS TO RECOVERY WITH HRA

KATH AND KIM

Please explain why this is a good payment of money?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:15 am 

pudkat wrote:
Hi Everyone
Thinking of going to Hurghada for the first time can anyone recommend a half decent hotel suitable for small children on an all inclusive basis

Hi putkat,
Sunrise Garden Beach, five star , not sure if there are child minding facilities though, but food was good when I stayed there as was the entertainment etc. It is sited about 10 km from the apartment project, if you look on Google Earth you should be able to find it by following the coast down the page from the apartments or from Siva Grand Beach Hotel which is the hotel in front of the building site, just follow the line from the airport road to the sea if you haven't found the site already.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:04 pm 

standm - please see my previous post under this thread. There is probably little more anyone can add in the public forum to appease you. Do you know about another group that has got further than HRA for less? Perhaps you could enlighten us?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:19 pm 

standm. How long do you think Peter Morris's court case will take and how long after that will it take after that, if it is successful, before you se your apartment? There will also be appeal processes to go through.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:25 pm 

Hi Standm

We think the £400.00 to join the HRA has been well spent. They have instructed DWS who have negotiated for us and we have a deal for DP1, 15% or swop. The negotiations for DP2 & CSP Purchasers have just started but we are expecting a positive outcome.

DWS will do all the contracts for all HRA Members, if they want, for DP1, DP2 and CSP to make sure that they are legally watertight.

We know that LAW has a 20% deal or 15% now and ER will take over your apartments and rent them out until they have achieved the remaining 5%. Now I don't know about you but I sure wouldn't like my furnished apartment being taken over and rented out by ER.

If Peter Morris is going to threaten ER with court action to make them deal with him, then whoever is a client of PM will be in the position of starting negotiations with ER, that we were in months ago and after past events, I don't think ER will look too kindly to giving PM a good deal. Whatever legal documents he has, there is no denying the fact that WWDUK did not pay WWDE who did not pay ER who in turn did not pay the Bank for the mortgage. If PM decides to go to court then he will need a vast number of Clients, all paying their £570.00. As you know court cases don't come cheap and could take a very long time for an outcome. The cost could be temendous. If PM goes to court and loses, then ER could claim repossesion of all the apartments that PM is representing. If he goes to court and wins, then no doubt ER will appeal. This could carry on for years.

There is also speculation on another website forum that anyone claiming ownership of WWDE will be due to pay alot of tax in Egypt.

At least with the HRA we will have something to show for our money, whether it's our own apartment or a swop.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:52 am 

Hi Pudkat,
Just read your post on possible travel to Hurghada, the first time we went we used the Grand Siva Beach Hotel (All Inclusive) it was reasonable very clean and also just around the corner from Desert Pearl 1 on the village road.
If you are planning to go there are two options available if you would like to contact me on my mobile no.
I would be pleased to pass this info to you if it helps.
GSB Hotel was great for kids right on the beach and next to the main bars pubs in the Kowther area, as you come out of the hotel turn right you will see the Thai Garden and next to it the Little Budha directly opposite is the road which will take you too Desert Pearl 1/2 approx 200yds long.
Turn left at the end of this road and cross over the busy main raid and desert pearl 1/2 is right in front of you. the hotel is approx 350yds away using these directions Handy if you want to save on taxi journey's as this can add to your costs if you travel further away.
Taxi from the airport is approx 5 to 7 minutes max depending on traffic and you should pay no more then thirty Egyptian pounds which is about £3.50 to Grand Siva Beach Hotel. I trust this will give you something to think about in the coming weeks Globespan fly from Glasgow direct with the hotel included and tranfers plus all inclusive now is the time to go as the weather is not as hot and could be a great Holiday for all.

Best regards
Steve McGarrigle

pudkat wrote:
Hi Everyone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:48 pm 

Hiya,

I've just read on another forum that M & S and Ikea are to be opening stores in Cairo!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:25 pm 

Peter Morris just sent this....

Dear Buyer

It will not have gone unnoticed that we have not divulged the names of the lawyers we are using to conduct the litigation processes both in Egypt and the UK.

The reason for this is that we are aware that The Hurghada Resident’s Association lawyers DWS have received and dealt with telephone and other enquiries direct from its members. The result of this is that the legal bill has been proportionately inflated thus diverting funds from the main purpose.

It may be that during the course of inter party communications that the names of the legal firms that we are using becomes revealed. We have accordingly instructed our lawyers not to respond to direct approaches from buyers to avoid the similarly inflated legal bills.

We have mentioned the above reasons in our many conversations with buyers but just in case this has not been discussed with you or has not been understood, we are writing to you now accordingly.

Please be assured that the reasons for this are to ensure the best use of the litigation fund and not an attempt to be secretive for any other sinister purpose.

Regards,

Peter Morris
peter@oppn.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:26 pm 

To which I sent this.....

Dear Mr Morris,

DWS were instructed from the onset not to deal with individual investors to preserve the fund. Where they have spoken with investors directly, this has been challenged as this was not within their remit. Members of the HRA are now directing all queries for DWS through the appointed contacts. I would therefore be very grateful if you would forward this to all the people you have sent the previous e-mail to to clarify this matter as this has nothing to do with anything that OPPN are involved in.

Regards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:00 pm 

Also for those not able to access the members area, the HRA have agreed for DWS to speak with OPPN's Egyptian Lawyers to try to find some common ground moving forward. Grant Thornton felt that this would be the best way to take this forward and will act as a go-between for this process. I believe that there have been many e-mails flying around again - Lets get these two law firms to discuss this whole mess and decide just what is the best way forward here.

See e-mails below from 18/11 - I suggested to Paul that maybe they would want to do this sooner than 14 days.
------------------------------------------------
Dear Angela

I confirm that I have spoken with Peter Morris and he has confirmed that OPPN Limited's Egyptian lawyer will be making direct contact with Denton Wilde Sapte in this regard, as I had suggested and as you have agreed. Peter confirmed that they are setting out their position in writing and will be in a position to communicate the same within the next 14 days.

I believe that this is a very positive step for all concerned and hopefully the constructive legal debate that will hopefully ensue will result in a unified approach from all investors, as the Joint Administrators have been hoping.

Yours sincerely
for and on behalf of Worldwide destinations Limited

Paul Pretlove
for Nick Wood
Joint Administrator

-----------------------------------------------------

Angela

Thank you for this very positive response. I will follow this up now and get back to you asap.

Kind regards
----------------------------------------------------

Paul,

I have spoken with Neil and he feels that the best way forward is for OPPN's Egyptian Lawyers to have a discussion with DWS. He would be more than happy to authorise DWS to do this on behalf of the HRA and the greater good of getting the two sides to work together. We would prefer to keep the report confidential at this stage as this is the basis of our negotiations with the bank and El Riad and has so far cost each investor £400.

If you can provide the contact details for the Egyptian Lawyers, we will ask DWS to contact them - Peter Morris already has DWS's contact details and as yet has not contacted them himself, but as this is open to misinterpretation, it is best if the solicitors speak with each other to remove any room for interpretation and ambiguity.

Regards

Angela

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:42 pm 

There have been several emails circulating reference this and I would just like to make my ideas known as I have expressed them in these emails.

If WWDE is so convinced they will win a court case and they have a top Egyptian Law firm telling them this, then would it not be in their interest to speak to DWS? DWS do not have all the inside knowledge but have gone off what they have seen, if they were convinced by a top Egyptian Law firm that WWDE had a strong case would they not then tell all their clients to back them?

I have said from the start if someone can show me the evidence that what we are doing is wrong and what they are doing is right backed up legally I will back them 100%, after all what have I to lose, I haven't charged anyone anything, I am not getting anything on the outcome. It just doesn't make sense, a phone call/meeting between the two a show of evidence and WWDE is 150+ members bigger.

Am I missing something??????????????????????

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:09 am 

[quote][/quote]

Thank god for common sense!!

Its great to see that my suggestion back in the beginning of September on the members forum ( where I was shot down in flames for making the suggestion and trying to waste DWS's money ) that DWS check out Peter Morris / OPPN /WWDE's claims , is now being entertained .

Lets hope that NOW we can move forward to achieve the same end - Namely for us owners to actually legally own our apartments .

As I have said all along it doesn't matter whether it's the HRA route ( which initially was all we had and that was thanks to Neil ) or the Peter Morris route which has emerged later . I have subscribed to both parties in the hope that one or other will be successful .

I really hope the Peter Morris route is successful , only because it will save me about £8,000 .

This doesn't mean I am any less grateful for all of Neil and HRA efforts and it doesn't mean the HRA route is wrong — it just means that Peter Morris with his ownership of WWDE has another route to try and solve this problem legally .

So in the interests of the owners I hope we can put all the petty "tit-for-tat" spats behind us and that we can move on to a successful conclusion for all of us ,not only DP1 , but DP2 and Coral Sea as well

regards

Rod

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:37 am 

seadogrod wrote:
Quote:

Thank god for common sense!!

Its great to see that my suggestion back in the beginning of September on the members forum ( where I was shot down in flames for making the suggestion and trying to waste DWS's money ) that DWS check out Peter Morris / OPPN /WWDE's claims , is now being entertained .

Lets hope that NOW we can move forward to achieve the same end - Namely for us owners to actually legally own our apartments .

As I have said all along it doesn't matter whether it's the HRA route ( which initially was all we had and that was thanks to Neil ) or the Peter Morris route which has emerged later . I have subscribed to both parties in the hope that one or other will be successful .

I really hope the Peter Morris route is successful , only because it will save me about £8,000 .

This doesn't mean I am any less grateful for all of Neil and HRA efforts and it doesn't mean the HRA route is wrong — it just means that Peter Morris with his ownership of WWDE has another route to try and solve this problem legally .

So in the interests of the owners I hope we can put all the petty "tit-for-tat" spats behind us and that we can move on to a successful conclusion for all of us ,not only DP1 , but DP2 and Coral Sea as well

regards

Rod

Hi Rod, no-one has been against WWDE what has been said is their solicitors speak to DWS or DWS speak to their solicitors and prove they have a good legal case before jeopardising your apartments, but we don't know who their solicitors are. One of the HRA members has been liaising with Grant Thornton for the details of WWDE's Cairo solicitors but no details have been passed over, these aren't for public knowledge just the soliciotrs. What would you summarise from no details being handed over?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:18 am 

Hi All

Just to say that if you want a good reliable taxi whilst in Hurghada then try Hamada Tourist Services www.hamadatouristservices.co.uk or tele: 0122554107. The fees are fixed price but you can email and ask for any out of the ordinary journey and they will give you a reasonable price.

We were driven by Chris, who is a driver for Hamada Tourist Services and he is English. He was reliable and was always on time. You can email Hamada and ask for him specifically or Chris's own telephone number is 0109221871.

Would also like to mention that if you come out of the Desert Pearl development and turn left and go past the new Orbit Sara's Residence and turn left, keep going and you will come across the new Metro Supermarket, which has quite an extensive range of English food stuff, as well as fresh meat, cheese, vegetables etc. all pre priced and reasonable.

Post subject: Re: best resort to buy in.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:39 pm 
Hi All.

I am going to Hurghada next March to look for a place to purchase and would like honest opinions on up and running developments in Hurghada where i can purchase appartments from. I would prefer to buy a appartment that is built and the resort/development is running as i can see what i am getting.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Steve

Post subject: Re: best resort to buy in.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:10 am 

steve wrote:
Hi All.

I am going to Hurghada next March to look for a place to purchase and would like honest opinions on up and running developments in Hurghada where i can purchase appartments from. I would prefer to buy a appartment that is built and the resort/development is running as i can see what i am getting.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Steve

How much are you looking to spend and what is it you want exactly?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:07 am 
Hi Neil,
I am looking at spending around the 50 to 60K mark and want a 1 or 2 bed place preferably by the sea or at least near to the public beaches. I dont mind if it is in Hurghada or in Sahl Hasheesh.
I am going to look at a few in Sahl but just need advice from people who have already seen what is available on what is good and what isnt so good.
I would like to eventually spend the winters in Egypt so need something that is near to shops and night life or on a resort that caters for long term residents.
I like the look of the new Azzurra and Ocean Breeze resorts in Sahl but also like a few of the ones in Hurghada as they are close to the shops and night life.
I would probably let the resort rent the property out for the next 10 or so years as i would only be able to use it for 4 weeks a year but if there isnt a rental option it wouldnt matter as i would just let friends and family use it.

My ideal option would be a front line beach resort with all ammenities from shops, restaurants, sports activities and pick up from airport facilities plus close enough to the night life to walk or get a short taxi and maybee close to the promonade so we can stroll down it at night and take in the views. (not asking to much!!!)

Hope this is enough information on what we want.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Regards Steve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:50 pm 

Hi , just found this forum, would like to know if any other members have purchased an apt at Sun star. We bought through Pall Mall Properties and keep getting fobbed of about delays. It should have been completed by now. We have not been to Egypt yet to look at the complex, any ideas when we can use the apts? here's hoping... MP. :?

Post subject: Edgebridge LAw Firm
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:20 pm 
I have been wanting to post about This Company but Peter Mitry from Egypt Real said if I did he would get me banned from the site. I have contacted the administrator and he has assured me I will not be banned or my post will not be removed and as long as I keep within the guidelines. Amongst many confusions I will start with only one. I signed 3 copies of a contract for 2 apartments in June this year with Ezzat from Edgebridge Law firm in Egypt Real's offices, with Peter Mitry Present. I also handed over £980 to Ezzat for what he said “connection of Electricity”.

However, despite many emails from myself and other advocates to Peter, Ezzat, Ziead and the secretary Sam Glover of Edgebridge Law Firm I have still not received a copy of the contract or a reply from anyone from Edgebridge Law Firm. I am confused if it is standard practice for Edgebridge Law Firm and Egypt Real not to Supply a copy of a contract or standard practice within the real estate industry in Hurghada. I am further confused as I signed 3 copies both in English and Arabic both on the same page in Peter Mirty’s presence, yet when I asked Peter Mitry for a copy he said it has to be translated into Arabic?

I am further confused as I made a point that included in the contract was that the builders were responsible for the finishing of the Stairs and Hall. I even showed it to Peter Mitry and read it out to him. However, 3 weeks after returning to England Ezzat from Edgebridge Law firm contacted me through Facebook to ask for another £1500 for the finishing of the stairs and Electric from the hall to the apartments. I have researched costing's from other members through PM’s and I have been told that they have never heard of people being asked to pay for extra’s like the finishing of the stairs and more money for the installation of electric. Has anyone else been asked to pay for these “extra” charges who have bought property in Hurghada?

I queried this cost with Peter Mitry both for the £980 cash I paid, for the extra I was being asked for and why I have not received a copy of the contract. However Peter Mitry has not replied to these questions and he has now decided to take a (as I have been told) “side exit” from the problem I have.

I have posted and PM’d on the forum for advice as the £980 I paid for my share on 2 apartments of 20 equates to £9800 just to connect the building from the road outside. However, when asking Peter and Ezzat for a detailed breakdown, after advice from other members, for this costing and the request for Money for the finishing of the Stairs I got a threatening email from Ezzat threatening Violence if I post anything and Peter has now stopped all contact with me except through a friend. I still have not heard from Ziead, Ezzat' Sam Glover or Edgebridge Law firm. I did email Sam Glover of Edgebridge Law firm for an breakdown of costs and / or an explanation. She said she would investigate but I have not heard from her.

So I am in a situation where Peter has withdrawn an agreement we had for him to sell the properties and has emailed my friend to say Ezzat requires £1200 for the registration of the apartments.

I would appreciate any advice as I am reluctant to do anything without a copy of a contract.

I have copies of all emails and agreements I had with Peter Mitry also a copy of the threatening email from Ezzat to back up my post.

Post subject: Re: POST YOUR IDEAS HERE- HRA NEEDS MORE MEMBERS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:16 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtoefxZG ... re=related

Post subject: Re: General Chit Chat and any off topic subjects
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:42 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smDttraA ... re=related

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:41 pm 

Is this all still valid? Been looking about and a lot is dated 2009. Should I be a member of the HRA (as I own a place at DP1). Why wasn't I invited a long time ago?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:22 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVm_xjjQ ... re=related

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:32 pm 

[quote="robo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVm_xjjQd9Y&feature=related[/quote]

will we ever get our apatments ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:18 pm 

I wasn't sure where to put this so I opted for this thread, it's not off topic but is very strange. It appears someone as either set up a Facebook page for Yasser Ibrahim or highjacked his page, because I doubt he will have put some of the images on there, those with Facebook accounts have a look and see what I mean

http://www.facebook.com/yasseribrahim.hurghada

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:55 pm 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
I wasn't sure where to put this so I opted for this thread, it's not off topic but is very strange. It appears someone as either set up a Facebook page for Yasser Ibrahim or highjacked his page, because I doubt he will have put some of the images on there, those with Facebook accounts have a look and see what I mean

http://www.facebook.com/yasseribrahim.hurghada

very stange,, if it is him, he is playing dangerous game as he will become a target cos every one can see all that money. talk about rubbing noses in it

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:31 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdX-_CbJBlo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:14 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWa5vE4MUpU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:38 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1GkR54 ... Ph8oyXHPZg