www.hurghadaresidentsassociation.com

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Write a brief history of your case and where you are up to.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:31 pm 
Site Admin

This is where all owners on all developments can write a brief history of your case, and where you are up to now.

Post subject: Re: Write a brief history of your case and where you are up
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:17 pm 

well i will make a start was buying in hurghada village but asked to move to marlion but never got built so lost my money £12,000 was offered by mohamed from el riad to move to pyramids beach and he will take the £12,000 payed of the price so i payed him a extra £8,000 but now he is in jail we all do not no what will happen now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:39 am 

My contract states I purchased f105 of desert pearl resort on the 28th march 2007 I went to the apartment on the 5th december 2007 returned home to find out by Lisa who lives on the complex that the apartments have been broken into and the locks have been changed as she has a set of our keys I then found out that the furniture had been removed i then spoke to Neil and he updated me on the situation regarding all British citizens that have apartments in desert pearl.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:08 pm 

Hi, I don't know where I am. I had a long term tenant who left sharpish one night without paying the water/elec bills, left a broken oven, and stole the baby cot and bed linen. This was nearly a year ago and all the contact numbers I had are no longer valid and I've been unable to contact anyone I used to speak to. Can anyone advise who I can speak to ensure I can get in my apartment and make sure everything is paid up. I've been told there is some sort of union? I feel like I'm out of some inner circle (probably because I was renting long term).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:44 pm 

Hi all
We own a studio apartment on DP1,we have paid in full with the deeds inour possession can any one up date me to what's happening with the complex and El-riad are they still on site?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:45 pm 

chezpc03 wrote:
Hi all,

I am new to the site and woundering if any body knows what is happening with Pyramids 2 project.

I have tried to contact Magna but the phone line is dead???

Many thanks
Paul

Hi Paul, I and others on this forum voiced our concerns over the fiasco surrounding the companies involved in swapping people to this project and as usual I was the subject of legal threats and abuse. Yet once again it seems I was right, I wonder how many times this has to happen before others start to realise I am right and they are wrong :?:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:07 pm 

jeremybright wrote:
well i will make a start was buying in hurghada village but asked to move to marlion but never got built so lost my money £12,000 was offered by mohamed from el riad to move to pyramids beach and he will take the £12,000 payed of the price so i payed him a extra £8,000 but now he is in jail we all do not no what will happen now

any new stories of lost apartments etc from new people on the hra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:19 pm 

Yes, us!
We bought a penthouse apartment in Hurghada Village, through Sigma, in October 2007. We also paid around three thousand pounds to Sigma for furniture which subsequently 'disappeared'. We contacted El Riad hundreds of times and got nowhere. We eventually contacted a lawyer Mr B (for privacy) and asked them to contact El Riad to find out what was going on. This was December 2009. He advised us to go out as our apartment was ready and "we wouldn't be disappointed". Meanwhile, we had been following the Hurghada Village forum and had seen someone saying he had moved into an apartment with our number (!) but I honestly thought it was a typo or he was on a different floor. We went out at the end of January 2010. Contacted El Riad and they actually answered the phone. They asked us to come to their offices to met Mohammed the next morning and to view our apartment.
When we got there Mohammed told us our apartment was no longer 'ours' as they had instructed a solicitor to contact us over a year previously to complete the purchase and he had said he was unable to contact us despite many efforts (!) so they assumed we could not or would not complete. The lawyer turned out to be 'Mr B' as well. Strange, that!
My husband was very angry and threatened to go right to the authorities. Mohammed then offered to take us to Pyramids Beach and said we could have an apartment there for the same monies already paid. We really liked the location, so we agreed.
We hired a new lawyer recommended by the British Embassy who got a new contract drawn up which included itemisation of monies already paid, did the due diligence etc and we felt happy. The apartment was supposed to be ready in March 2012.
The rest is history. We are 27 grand out of pocket so far.
If it wasn't for Neil Hollingsworth at Rivermead we would be lost as we hear nothing from El riad, or our lawyer unless we email him with a question.
We have signed the online petition, so let's hope more people do so and something gets done.