www.hurghadaresidentsassociation.com

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: We need to create ONE United Group in Egypt
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:03 am 

Dear All,

For many years there have been various groups set up to represent victims who have had issues in Egypt, these groups have had limited success but with the way Egypt is right now these groups need to join forces to become one louder voice to be able to lobby the top authorities.

The Hurghada Residents Association (HRA) has had some great success and although it has been slow, we are finally seeing the results from not giving in and from staying strong together because what the criminals want is for the groups to split and fight between themselves meaning there is no focus on them and they are free to continue their fraudulent activities. At the end of the day, all anyone wants is what they have paid for and too get on with their lives.

This group could also be so much more, it can be the Oracle for all investors in Egypt and not a place to argue or advertise it will be a vehicle for getting things done for EVERYONE that has invested in Egypt, not just one or two developments.

It is going to be hard work and I won't lie and say it will work immediately but given the success we have seen with the HRA, I think though with the right people on board we can make big changes and help all investors with any issues they have in Egypt as long as they are legitimate issues.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this, so please post below and if you could pass this on to any other foreigner you know who has links to Egypt and may benefit from being part of an International Group.

Post subject: Re: We need to create ONE United Group in Egypt
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:25 am 

I forgot to mention, when it is set up it will be a closely controlled group where you can report solicitors, developers, taxi drivers etc... and as a group there will probably be many victims of the same people so action can be taken swiftly and at lower costs.

After it is set up, anyone looking to defraud/upset a foreigner in Egypt, they take on the whole group not just that individual.

What has happened to me recently, where I almost lost my business because I was defrauded by an Egyptian I trusted, I have seen first hand how swift/hard actions can result in positive outcomes and this wouldn't have happened going through the legal system. You will have access to these contacts within this group.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:29 am 

I think this is a fantastic idea Neil, and I certainly know we would not even be where we are now if we had not stuck together as a group to see the issues regarding Desert Pearl and other developments hopefully through to completion - there is most definitely strength in numbers when it comes to Egypt and issues that you can encounter - especially with something as large and important as a property purchase overseas.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:11 pm 

Great idea you definitely need someone you can trust and as a group we can do anything when we stick together.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

Count me in. I think it is a great idea. We are strong as a group because we have all stuck together. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:01 pm 

Good idea, The more the better. The more involved, the more strength we all have. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:40 pm 

Hi all,

This is a great idea Neil, if something like this had been in place when we bought on desert pearl I am certain all our different issues would have resolved long ago. There is definitely greater safety in numbers and the more numbers the safer it gets.
Alexander.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:40 pm 

Hi all,

I think this is a fantastic idea for so many reasons. It's worked in other countries and I have no doubt it will work in Egypt.
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:34 pm 

yes is a good idea and will be good for people like me that has no access to the hra group

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:50 am 

This is a great idea. When I bought an apartment in 2007, with hindsight it seems that the Hurghada property market was run by crooks and villains. I hope things are better now but I know without being a united group within the HRA, and especially without the help of Neil and Dentons, the solicitors, we would probably all have lost everything whereas currently we are making solid progress to getting back the apartments we are entitled to.

Hurghada can be a great place to have an apartment. Buyers have to be very careful though and being part of a strong, experienced group such as the HRA can make an enormous positive help.