www.hurghadaresidentsassociation.com

It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Complaints in Hurghada
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:07 am 

Dear All. as most are aware I have been involved in tackling the issues caused by El Riad for many, many years and due to the lack of support and the fact others tried to muddy the water and cause splinter groups actions have been very slow.

Since I contacted Mr Michael Joseph and his firm, who are based in Hurghada I have seen how these individuals need to be dealt with and that is with hard and aggressive actions. They helped a lady on here get her apartment back, plus helping others against corrupt lawyers and I have seen first hand how good they are with getting my furniture back.

Mr Michael Joseph was instructed by a group of Lotus Breeze clients, and although it seems nothing has been happening, behind the scenes the wheels have been moving along and like ourselves Mr Michael Joseph is proud of his reputation of getting things done and wouldn't walk away from the people that instructed him. He has been working not only on getting a resolution with El Riad but also in getting the authorities to take note of what has been happening to foreign investors in Hurghada.

It finally appears he has had a breakthrough and has had a phone call with the Minister of Interiors and Minister of Business Development, plus some Generals in the Police Force and they want to see for themselves the list of complaints from foreign investors. So want we need is for you to list your complaints here, but keep them civil and remember it is the Egyptian government that are going to be reading them so they need to be well written and not abusive. Mr Michael Joseph will show them the forum pages but will also copy and paste to his own website so he can show others as well.

This is your chance to tell your story and this time someone make take notice of it, or at least take note enough to punish those that have caused this heartache for so many years.

Post subject: Re: Complaints in Hurghada
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:00 pm 

el riad sold me a one bed apartment in pyramids beach on the 4th floor back in 2010 when they never had a licence to build a 4th floor i payed £8,000 deposit and have a signed and stamped contract from yasser ahmed ibrahim hassan and a receipt for the payment also stamped and signed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:00 pm 

el riad also sold my apartment in hurghada village that i had payed £12,000 payments in to and kept the money that i have never got back in 2008

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:28 pm 

52,350 sterling pounds elriad owe me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:50 am 

I purchased 3 bed apartment on the Desert Pearl One development for £44,000 - I also paid for air con £800 (twice) and an additional £4,400 direct to El Riad to try to get my apartment back from them. I also paid £8000 to furnish the apartment. I paid all of the monies up front as DP1 was virtually finished when I purchased. In total £58,000. The apartment was rented out for a number months until all the problems began and I hear my apartment was sold again.
This was all of my savings and the rental money was going to be for my daughter while at university and it would mean everything to come to some positive outcome after all these years.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:51 am 

My sister (now deceased) used her life savings to purchase a studio apartment from WorldWide Destinations on Desert Pearl One in March 2007 for just under £20,000, with 100% of the monies being fully paid. It was fitted out with furniture from D'Elise Design for just under £3000, with an extra amount of £500 for air-conditioning. Neither my sister nor myself have ever had the chance to see the inside of this apartment as El Riad blocked my access onto the development and have now sold it on to other people.

During a visit to Hurghada in June 2009, I engaged the services of a lawyer (Mr Amr Halawany), who I discovered later was a friend of the management of El Riad. He did nothing, apart from helping himself to some other poor unfortunate souls apartment.

The only person that I can honestly say who has been helpful in all of this, is Mr Neil Hollingsworth of Rivermead Global. He deserves a medal for everything that he has done.

Some form of positive result would be most welcome after all of these years. My sister deserved better.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:31 pm 

Hi

I bought an apartment on desert pearl in early 2007. I paid £17,600 pounds sterling for a studio apartment on the first floor, and I also paid £3000 pounds sterling for a delise design furniture pack plus another £500 pounds sterling for an air conditioning unit. I also paid a further £50 pounds for a satelite connection plus £500 pounds maintenance fee in 2008. I went across to egypt in july 2008 for a holiday and to take ownership of my apartment which I stayed in for a week, then came the problems with World wide destinations in october 2008 and then they went into liquidation shortly after. I went across to desert pearl in march 2009 at the request of El Riad who told me and many others that if I brought proof of payment and my contract then they would honour the contract they would let me keep my apartment. I did this at a cost of another £700 pounds sterling for the trip but all they did was try to extort more money from me but told them I had no more money and even if I did I would not give them another penny. They wanted an extra £3000 pounds sterling but I knew that other people had paid them the extra and still did not get their apartments. At the end of december 2009 while I was trying to cope with the loss of my brother in law to cancer I had an e-mail from my friend who stayed on desert pearl to tell me that El Riad had broken into my apartment, I contacted my lawyer who told me that el riad had won a court order and that they had every right to take back my apartment. Despite asking my lawyer many times to produce a copy of this court order he stopped replying to my e-mails and did nothing to help me. A few weeks later my friend told me that all my furniture and all my personal belongings had been removed from my apartment and that my apartment had been resold to a ukranian woman for 18,000 euros. I have been working with the HRA ever since to try and get either another apartment or my money back. I have never returned to egypt since march 2009 because I dont trust the police or any of the lawyers except the HRA lawyers. Apart from Neil Hollingsworth who is an absolute knight in shining armour everyone else connected with these developments is either a crook or has a conflict of interest.
Alexander.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:07 pm 

Hi My name is Matthew Marshall I brought a one bedroom studio apartment in Desert Pearl, apartment number I102 back in Jan 2007 for 17600.00GBP with additional fees of 500.00GBP for maintenance to World Wide Destinations (Master agent for El Riad) I also paid 3000.00GBP to D'Elise design for a full furniture package.
After receiving the keys to the apartment I decided to rent the apartment out through a third party (Sun Homes) and successfully rented it out for numerous months without any problems until I got a phone call from the letting agency informing me that my tenant had been forcefully removed from the apartment and her son in law apparently being stabbed by a group of Egyptian men claiming that they owned the apartment. When I looked further into the matter to my horror I found out that El Riad had double sold numerous apartments in this complex. After contacting numerous lawyers in Hurghada they all told me that I had no chance in getting the apartment back because he has more right to it because he is living in the apartment, I also didn't trust any of the lawyers in Hurghada because I believe they were all taking bribes from El Riad. It would be great to see some justice come to people who make a living from blatant fraud and corruption and who have no fear of the police and justice system in Egypt. At every opportunity I warn people from investing in Egypt and even holidaying in Egypt as the whole country is corrupt and foreigners and starting to learn this the hard way.
Matt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:49 pm 

My name is Rehan Khan. In February 2008 I reserved top floor apartment in Coral Sea Pearl Apartment D402. I paid 40% of the apartment price total of £10,600 through WWD. After I found out about all what was going on with WWD, WWE and El Riad I joined the Hurghada Residents association. I decided that I would swap my Coral Sea Apartment for an apartment in Pyramids Beach A406 as El Riad was honouring the 40% already paid however, I didn't have a good feeling about El Riad so decided to pull out and reserve myself in accepting that I had lost my money (£10,600). I haven't really been keeping up with the latest developments, did Pyramids beach get completed? Have people that swapped got their apartments?

I received a mail today from Neil stating Yasser of El Riad had been arrested and asking for information regarding what people had paid, I have sent my details across.

Regards
Rehan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:59 pm 

I paid 40% deposit to reserve apartment F408 on Desert Pearl 2. The apartment has never been built and my money has 'disappeared'.
Karen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:35 am 

The solicitor Michael Joseph has put some new links on his website and if you have complaints in Hurghada you need to see what he is doing and give him your stories/information, if this doesn't work nothing will

http://redsea0.com/criminals-in-hurghada-egypt/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:21 am 

HI all well my story started back in 2006 my cousin and myself arrived at the NEC Birmingham for the place in the sun exhibition and it did not disappoint and we left very excited at purchasing 4 apartments in dp1,
we paid £18400 in deposits and decided to swap 3 apartments for 1 at an exclusive resort,but keeping our 3bd penthouse as we were wanting to use this for family and friends.
we were then contacted by wwd in2007 saying that they could not find our contracts and had sold our penthouse to someone else even though they had proof of our deposits it was not enough,and this is when it all went down hill,i spoke with many people at wwd trying to resolve this matter as it was our life savings not just an investment it had to work. In the end i asked to speak to Michael Lynn who was md of wwd and within a couple of hours he phoned and we resolved the matter with him apologising and giving us another apartment and compensating us for our loss as they in the end admitted full liability for their mistake of reselling our apartment.
a short while after we had new contracts signed and passed by wwd michael disappeared in an air crash and the rest is history.
I have always had a little bit of hope in a resolve and would love nothing better than for everyone involved to receive some justice as we are all feeling the same loss.
thanks.
James c
(I meant to also add we as 2 families flew to hurghada to view our apartment at a cost of £6000 which was supposed to be paid by wwd as an inspection trip but was never recouped.)