www.hurghadaresidentsassociation.com

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Are you owed money by El Riad?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:50 pm 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
190 signatures, if you scroll down the page on the petition you can see a Signatures Tab next to the Comments one, have a look and if someone you know not on there give them a shout, this is starting to work and it will be going to the BBC next week.

if you need a face etc to go on tv i am your man i am local to you and have time to put in to it and i am one of the ones taken for a fool by el riad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:05 pm 

If anyone has had a POA from Remon, please do not use it and contact him again as your details need writing in Arabic as well as English and I have just told him you can't get that done at the Notary as they don't write Arabic (well I am guessing the majority won't anyway). So you will need to email him with copies of the passports for each name on the POA, for him to write the details before sending back to you

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:12 pm 

Sorry Neil, just signed the petition. We just moved from Essex to Cheshire so a bit of upheaval with the internet etc.

Leah and Mark Hollingworth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:07 pm 

Hold fire with the POA's until I get back from Egypt, I will let you know when I am back and if you need to go down the legal route, as I am going to go and see Samy Omar and a few other people. However, if you wish to continue and feel you want to put an official complaint in, then please feel free to carry on, I'm just trying to save you the hassle if they are willing to provide a solution.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:10 pm 

Just a quick update, I have had a fantastic reply from the Minister of Tourism's office saying this case is now their priority to get resolved. They have requested an official letter from me to His Excellence Dr Hisham Zaazou Minister of Tourism requesting the help of the Egyptian Government in contacting the correct authorities to take the necessary actions, and they are as keen as we are to resolve this case. I have written a brief summary of the email as I have promised not to copy and paste any further emails on here, but I have given the main content and it is great news for your cases.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:17 pm 

Neil,

Thats great news well done!.. and I'm sure all of us here will wish you a safe journey and return home.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:51 pm 

Hi Neil,One of my own questions, if a piece of land was successfully acquired, would you rather it be sold and monies returned or a development built on it?

If the land is successfully acquired, I feel it is a good idea to sell and recover the money, with the present situation in Egypt, I dont think it is a good idea to wait another 4-5 years for the development to finish.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:17 pm 

Brilliant news Neil, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:19 pm 

I would rather it be sold and the monies returned, people can then if anyone still wants a property in Egypt, they can buy from a developer that actually finishes the projects. I have no intention of getting into building something on land acquired, if that is the way people want to go, I wouldn't be involved

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:34 pm 

Hi all
That is great news Neil and thanks for your dogged attitude, I think that almost all investors would be happy with money back from this fiasco if possible. Hopefully there is a bit of light at the end of this long long tunnel at last.
Alexander.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:17 pm 

Neil, I applaud you for your persistence and taking on this difficult task in the first place. We are deeply indebted to you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:25 pm 

jeremybright wrote:
KarenM wrote:
jkwerw wrote:
I signed the petion. Thank those people who rememebred to send the e-mail to a group of people, me included, as I do not check on the forum for a few years. Please do this in the future, contacting me by e-mail.

I am among those who invested money in Marlion Residence and never get the apartment or money back. I was not directly involved with El Riad, as my Sales Contract was signed by Richard Tony Tring Chairman of Sigma Property Egypt Ltd, For Touristic & Real-Estate Investment, Registration No. 32097, Located at 78 Esplanada Mall-Hurgada - Red Sea Governorate (a subsidiary of Sigma Property, Turkey Court, Tourkey Mill, Ashford Road, Maidstone, Kent ME14 5PP, England). Still I am interested to recover the money I invested up to now. I am certainly not interested in continuing the investment, as realyy upset about the whole situation lasting years and years now.

If you have any more questions please contaxct me by PM
I will be more than happy to be actively involved in the matter.

Does anyone know where Tring is? We originally bought on Hurghada Village through MOVE WITH US as they were a reputable body. They passed us to SIGMA (Richard Tring and Wendy Diprose) who were agents for El Riad.
It was Sigma who started all the trouble by not paying El Riad all the monies they received from us. However, they did take almost £3000 for furniture which we never received. They then stopped acting 'on our behalf', became uncontactable and disappeared! We contacted MOVE WITH US, but they were most unhelpful and did not want to know. Surely they have some responsibility in this debacle?

I am also one on the ones who bought marlion and then offered the swap to pyramids beach also on this forum there is a page on marlion with a list of money payed to sigma are you on it

Can you give me the details of the page of Marion, please.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:19 pm 

jkwerw wrote:
jeremybright wrote:
KarenM wrote:
jkwerw wrote:
I signed the petion. Thank those people who rememebred to send the e-mail to a group of people, me included, as I do not check on the forum for a few years. Please do this in the future, contacting me by e-mail.

I am among those who invested money in Marlion Residence and never get the apartment or money back. I was not directly involved with El Riad, as my Sales Contract was signed by Richard Tony Tring Chairman of Sigma Property Egypt Ltd, For Touristic & Real-Estate Investment, Registration No. 32097, Located at 78 Esplanada Mall-Hurgada - Red Sea Governorate (a subsidiary of Sigma Property, Turkey Court, Tourkey Mill, Ashford Road, Maidstone, Kent ME14 5PP, England). Still I am interested to recover the money I invested up to now. I am certainly not interested in continuing the investment, as realyy upset about the whole situation lasting years and years now.

If you have any more questions please contaxct me by PM
I will be more than happy to be actively involved in the matter.

Does anyone know where Tring is? We originally bought on Hurghada Village through MOVE WITH US as they were a reputable body. They passed us to SIGMA (Richard Tring and Wendy Diprose) who were agents for El Riad.
It was Sigma who started all the trouble by not paying El Riad all the monies they received from us. However, they did take almost £3000 for furniture which we never received. They then stopped acting 'on our behalf', became uncontactable and disappeared! We contacted MOVE WITH US, but they were most unhelpful and did not want to know. Surely they have some responsibility in this debacle?

I am also one on the ones who bought marlion and then offered the swap to pyramids beach also on this forum there is a page on marlion with a list of money payed to sigma are you on it

Can you give me the details of the page of Marion, please.

click on active topics on the forum and is one of the topics on the list

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:32 pm 

Twosocks wrote:
Neil, I applaud you for your persistence and taking on this difficult task in the first place. We are deeply indebted to you.

Thanks Twosocks, I just hope something good comes from all the hard work

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:41 pm 

Help Hi I have been off the site for some time, Have signed the petition against El Riad but scowling through the Topic not quite sure what I need to do next. Can someone explain . I want to be involved with the legal action, has the document with the English version been compiled yet and if so could someone send
me a copy. Also do we need to go to a notary before getting it stamped at the Embassy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:41 pm 

Peter99 wrote:
Help Hi I have been off the site for some time, Have signed the petition against El Riad but scowling through the Topic not quite sure what I need to do next. Can someone explain . I want to be involved with the legal action, has the document with the English version been compiled yet and if so could someone send
me a copy. Also do we need to go to a notary before getting it stamped at the Embassy.

Hi Peter99, the POA/legal action has been put on hold until I come back from Egypt, unless you still wish to file an official complaint. If you do, then email Remon Nazih, his details are in one of the above posts, explain who you are and what you want to do, he will then ask for a scanned copy of your passport so he can prepare the POA in English and Aabic, you then follow the process mentioned in one of the posts, about visiting the Notary/FCO/Egyptian Consulate.

I will be back in a couple of weeks if you wish to wait, but I'm not looking at any retribution, I'm just looking for resolution for those that currently have no apartment. If anyone is seeking to put them in jail and not interested in getting an apartment or potentially money back (getting the property is more likely than money back) then please feel free to continue with the POA and the official complaints. When I am out there, if I feel I am being messed around again, then I will update this thread and will go and see the Public Prosecutors office to see what needs to be done and I am still dealing with the Ministry of Tourism who have stated this case is their priority at the moment. It will then be just the legal route and no swapping or negotiating as 5+ years has been long enough, and they can all go to jail.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:51 pm 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
Peter99 wrote:

Hi Peter99, the POA/legal action has been put on hold until I come back from Egypt, unless you still wish to file an official complaint. If you do, then email Remon Nazih, his details are in one of the above posts, explain who you are and what you want to do, he will then ask for a scanned copy of your passport so he can prepare the POA in English and Aabic, you then follow the process mentioned in one of the posts, about visiting the Notary/FCO/Egyptian Consulate.

I will be back in a couple of weeks if you wish to wait, but I'm not looking at any retribution, I'm just looking for resolution for those that currently have no apartment. If anyone is seeking to put them in jail and not interested in getting an apartment or potentially money back (getting the property is more likely than money back) then please feel free to continue with the POA and the official complaints. When I am out there, if I feel I am being messed around again, then I will update this thread and will go and see the Public Prosecutors office to see what needs to be done and I am still dealing with the Ministry of Tourism who have stated this case is their priority at the moment. It will then be just the legal route and no swapping or negotiating as 5+ years has been long enough, and they can all go to jail.

is that all of them from el riad mohamed as well

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:07 pm 

Yes all of them if nothing happens in the next few weeks, times up

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:31 am 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
Yes all of them if nothing happens in the next few weeks, times up
wow what a time to be over in hurghada with you after the last 5 years for all of us thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:44 pm 

Nice work Neil. We are all forever in your debt, regardless of what happens. I for one look forward to buying you a drink and shaking your hand some time soon.

Cheers
Roy Martin
E306

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:27 pm 

Has anyone actually spoken with MJ law firm? We have tried on several occasions, both via land-line and Skype but either no answer, or the conversation ends when my husband speaks in Arabic. No reply to emails either. Any advice out there. Many thanx, Vee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:28 pm 

kamelinaqaba wrote:
Has anyone actually spoken with MJ law firm? We have tried on several occasions, both via land-line and Skype but either no answer, or the conversation ends when my husband speaks in Arabic. No reply to emails either. Any advice out there. Many thanx, Vee

Hi Vee, I have mentioned this to Michael Joseph many times and I have told him he needs to reply to people. For our own clients buying new properties, I have taken the steps of dealing direct with Remon as I can speak to him during the day (Michael Joseph is in Los Angeles, so he's up when I'm asleep and vice versa, which is making communication difficult and frustrating). I will mention it again and try to get him to start replying more often, although the times I have spoken to him, he just tells me there is nothing to report so he feels it is better not to contact clients until he has something to report?

Unfortunately this is common with 99.9% of people we deal with in Egypt, no communication, and no matter how much I try to change their ways, nothing works so I have to find out what is happening and try to update as much as I can.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:34 pm 

Hi Neil, thanks for your prompt reply. Tried to speak with Remon today without luck. Will try again tomorrow,
Best regards, Vee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:52 pm 

I have written the letter and sent it this morning to His Excellence Dr Hisham Zaazou officially requesting the assistance of the Egyptian government to address the case, along with all the names and comments from the petition. I just hope something can be done before I get back from Egypt.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:40 pm 

Hi Neil
I would like to think that when his excellency sees the amount of money that has been stolen from the investors, and how they have been treated by these criminals that he would ask questions regarding as to why despite peoples continued complaints against these people, they were ignored, and why they were allowed to rob and abuse people over what is now a six year period for a lot of investors. Best of luck over in Egypt Neil and I echo your thoughts that if these people mess you about then hopefully we can put them in jail for a long time, because after five or six years of this torture, it is time to put this nightmare to bed and try and get on with the rest of our lives. Thanks again for all you are trying to do for us.
Alexander.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:48 pm 

Alexander wrote:
Hi Neil
I would like to think that when his excellency sees the amount of money that has been stolen from the investors, and how they have been treated by these criminals that he would ask questions regarding as to why despite peoples continued complaints against these people, they were ignored, and why they were allowed to rob and abuse people over what is now a six year period for a lot of investors. Best of luck over in Egypt Neil and I echo your thoughts that if these people mess you about then hopefully we can put them in jail for a long time, because after five or six years of this torture, it is time to put this nightmare to bed and try and get on with the rest of our lives. Thanks again for all you are trying to do for us.
Alexander.

Thanks Alexander, I agree 100% with you

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:41 pm 

Now we have had such a good response from the petition, here is the survey where you can say a bit more about what you would like to see happening and if you think you are being protected when buying property in Egypt. If you want to have your views passed on to the Egyptian Government please click on the link and fill in the survey. I will be sending all the results over on Thursday.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3KCZHQX

If you have already filled it in previously, no need to do it again, and no email addresses, names or contact details can be seen/collected

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:19 am 

Survey completed - Please please please take the time to complete the survey, this is so important to have your say on things that have happened to us all over the last 5 years and we now have some important people taking notice. It does not take long to complete depending on how much you want to say. I am sure no one will have any problems recording their issues and feelings on such an emotive issue. Thanks again Neil.

Mickey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:28 am 

I have completed the Survey too and agree with Mickey - We need as many people to complete this survey as possible - Use it as a way of getting things off your chest!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:34 pm 

survey completed yesterday. I also agree, we need as many as possible to complete

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:15 pm 

I too have completed the survey and hope people come out in support of this survey and the changes that need to be implemented for investors in Egypt.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:22 pm 

Hi all
I have finished the survey as well and would urge all investors to fill it in to give us a bit of clout.
Alexander.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:07 am 

For those that have completed the survey, thanks and here are the responses exported to a PDF document and just about to be emailed to Egypt.

Attachment:
Data_All_131205-3 (For Reham).pdf [117.16 KiB]
Downloaded 180 times

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:20 am 

Good work Neil and everyone who filled it in.

Lets hope it panics them into doing something

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:28 am 

I have had a few emails from Mohamed Hussein as well, which I will be addressing when I go out next week. Let's see if things are going to change or if it's just hot air again, last roll of the dice!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:01 pm 

We are doing well with the petition now 277 signatures and a few more have completed the survey, lets hope with all this effort something will finally happen. Inshallah ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:31 pm 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
I have had a few emails from Mohamed Hussein as well, which I will be addressing when I go out next week. Let's see if things are going to change or if it's just hot air again, last roll of the dice!!!

just to remind you its tomorow you fly lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:00 pm 

jeremybright wrote:
RivermeadGlobal wrote:

just to remind you its tomorow you fly lol

Ha ha don't worry I haven't forgotten :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:37 pm 

Arrived in sunny Egypt and just waiting for Remon to arrive for a meeting.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:04 am 

Thats one good things about all your trips to Egypt . . . The nice weather!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:06 pm 

Good luck, Neil. We completed the survey last week as well. Every little helps, to steal a phrase! 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:11 am 

KarenM wrote:
Good luck, Neil. We completed the survey last week as well. Every little helps, to steal a phrase! 8-)

Hi Neil?
How did you get on in Hurghada???????????????
KM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:43 am 

Do we know which apartments have been double/triple sold or do we assume they all have been sold on?
Patricia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:30 pm 

KarenM wrote:
KarenM wrote:

Hi Neil?
How did you get on in Hurghada???????????????
KM

Hi Karen, please have a look at the Pyramids Beach thread for the update, thanks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:32 pm 

funtrish1 wrote:
Do we know which apartments have been double/triple sold or do we assume they all have been sold on?
Patricia

Hi Patricia, unfortunately yes I think best to assume all have been double/triple sold.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:00 pm 

Thanks Neil

Is the current best option to either report this to the police station in Hurghada or get a POA for a solicitor in Hurghada to do this?
Thanks
Patricia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:33 am 

Happy New Year to you Neil.

What was the outcome from your visit to Hurgada? Do we still hold on to POA till we hear from you?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:37 pm 

Daljitb wrote:
Happy New Year to you Neil.

What was the outcome from your visit to Hurgada? Do we still hold on to POA till we hear from you?

yes will be good to know what to do next i was over with neil last month and gave my paper work to the lawyer but did nort get poa sorted

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:50 pm 

Jeremy did you phone him to get it sorted?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:07 am 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
Jeremy did you phone him to get it sorted?
thought the email you gave me was a reminder for him to contact me never mind i will be going out anain in march going to try out the new mornarch flights also will order the furniture before i go from you and i am still intrested in renting tiba heights out when you start to do rentals

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next