www.hurghadaresidentsassociation.com

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: El-Riad new Information: response needed
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:35 am 

New El-Riad information has come to light regarding the company
This information has been sent to the people who paid DWS for their services.
Should it be divulged to the other members of the HRA who didn't pay or not !!
post your comments here.....

I know what I would say, but I am keeping my response secret until I get a few replies back.... :)
BW :)

Post subject: Re: El-Riad new Information: response needed
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:57 am 
Site Admin

Dear All,

It appears El Riad are not going to start acting professionally and discuss the very generous offer of an extra 10%. They have not contacted me but I have heard from people out there they have said it is not enough money, they seem to forget they are the ones who entered into business with WWD and it was their business to ensure they were paid not yours. You have now offered to help and pay a further 10% and they have not even bothered to reply, in fact they have now been breaking in to furnished apartments and removing personal belongings before changing locks.

I have tried to avoid having to advise any legal action but they are just acting like thugs and crooks with complete disregard for your rights as people that have already made them rich people. I now need to pass you over to the solicitors who have been on standby for the past couple of months waiting for me to try and negotiate a deal without their input but it has not happened, so my apologies you are now going to have to instruct them to work for you.

I will still act as a point of contact for all those that take them on but my days of negotiating have finished I have spent so many hours working on this I am devastated having to concede but I have to for your benefit. The solicitors are ready to take over and have one of their senior Arabic speaking attorneys speak to Yasser the owner of ER as I think Mohamed does not appreciate the severity of the situation and is just working off his own back without Yasser’s full knowledge.

The solicitors at DWS have said they expect to need around £15,000 to start negotiations and if this money is not used it will be held on account for further work on contracts etc… or returned, we have close to 90 members of the group so they have proposed each member pays £300 in to the HRA account. This is of course more than is required but it gives money on account and if they do manage to get a satisfactory solution they can use the money for drawing up contracts etc… or indeed just return it. If they do get a solution to these issues I think it will be money very well spent and if it does go to court you will have someone on the ground representing you ensuring at least ER won’t be able to walk all over you (I just hope they can avoid this).

The money will need to be paid direct to DWS, please do not send any monies to me, cheques need to be made payable to “Denton Wilde Sapte LLP” and for bank transfers please use the account details below and put your name and apartment number as reference. If you wish to send me an email to say you are instructing I can keep a list of people and form a new mailing list to keep you updated on what the solicitors are doing. Although I am sure they will send me a list, they do need to get a minimum of £15,000 before starting so time is of the essence.

Royal Bank of Scotland - Child & Co
1 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1BD

Sort Code: 15 80 00
Account No: 67072440
Account Name: Denton Wilde Sapte LLP Client Account
IBAN - GB63RBOS15800067072440
SWIFT CODE - RBOSGB2L

As I mentioned above my apologies for not getting further but at least I have managed to get you in to an organized group and one of formidable strength and with such a large law firm behind you lets hope they see sense and start talking. This email has been sent to close to 200 people 90 who are members of the HRA you all need to work together and not hope someone else sorts this out for you, at least one of the apartments being broken in to belongs to someone that has already paid extra money to ER so no-one is immune. I have been told Adele and Jayne have left the site because of what is happening but I have not had this verified if anyone can verify this please let me know.

They need stopping and stopping now!!!!!

Best Regards,

N Hollingsworth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:58 am 
Site Admin

Dear HRA Members,

Further to my mass email this morning, I wanted to keep this one for those of you that paid for the report to be written as it involves information from it (please feel free to pass on if you think it needs to be made public, I didn’t see it as my place to do it).

If you look at the company information for ER the company was formed 22nd March 2005 for a period of 5 years ONLY, if the authorities have taken note of goings on I wonder if they will grant a renewal to them. If this is the case will they still be around to build DP2 and CSP or is that the reason Mohamed Refaat sent out the email with the new terms of 20% now, 20% in 6 months and 20% on completion, knowing they wont be around for the completion!!!!

This is a point the solicitors need to check and check quickly, if they won’t be around then no money should be paid and a new builder needs to be found, this is the reason I stress for everyone to instruct the solicitors ASAP. I think others should know but as I say if they haven’t paid to join the HRA I will leave it for you as members who have paid to decide whether it needs to be put on the forum or not.

I won’t be disappearing as the solicitors will still need me to act as POC and keep you all updated and I will be pushing them on this point of ER. I did try to get them to start the work without payment but couldn’t get them to budge. It may be a blessing in disguise if they do have to leave and we can arrange a new builder but lets see.

Speak soon.

Best Regards,

N Hollingsworth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:59 am 
Site Admin

AS YOU HAVE READ ABOVE THE TIME HAS COME FOR EVERYONE TO JOIN TOGETHER AND TAKE ON THE CROOKS AT ER AND UL, AS NEIL HAS SAID IN HIS EMAIL HE HAS MASS EMAILED 200 PEOPLE.

IT IS NOT FAIR THAT THE 90 MEMBERS OF THE HRA SHOULD HAVE TO PAY £300 EACH TO PAY FOR LEGAL PROCEEDINGS WHILE THE OTHER 110+ SIT BACK AND PAY NOTHING, BUT WILL STILL EXPECT TO GET ALL THE BENEFITS OF THE LEGAL ACTION.

IF ALL THE 200 PEOPLE WHO ARE KNOWN JOIN THE HRA AND PAY INTO THE LEGAL FUND, THE COSTS PER PERSON WILL BE GREATLY REDUCED. BUT IF EVERYONE FROM EVERY DEVELOPMENT (EG,DP1 DP2 CSP etc) JOINS THE HRA AND CONTRIBUTES THE COST PER PERSON WILL BE MINIMAL.

I KNOW THESE ARE HARD TIMES, BUT THIS IS A CALL FOR EVERYONE TO COME TOGETHER AND JOIN THE HRA. AS A LARGE GROUP WE WILL BE MORE EFFECTIVE AT PROTECTING EVERYTHING WE HAVE WORKED HARD TO PAY FOR.

IF YOU STILL CHOOSE TO DO NOTHING AND WE DONT FIGHT THESE CROOKS THROUGH INDEPENDANT LEGAL ACTION AS A GROUP. THEN WE WILL ALL LOSE OUR APPARTMENTS AND ALL YOUR MONEY THAT YOU HAVE PAID OUT SO FAR WILL BE LOST.

ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO JOIN THE HRA IS UNDER THE HEADING "HOW TO JOIN THE HRA AND GET THE LEGAL REPORT" PLEASE TAKE A LOOK, AS NOW MORE THAN EVER WE NEED TO STAND TOGETHER.

AND REMEMBER THE MORE THAT JOIN THE LESS WE EACH HAVE TO PAY !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:59 am 
Site Admin

by RivermeadGlobal » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:40 am

hurghad1 wrote:
Quote:
AS YOU HAVE READ ABOVE THE TIME HAS COME FOR EVERYONE TO JOIN TOGETHER AND TAKE ON THE CROOKS AT ER AND UL, AS NEIL HAS SAID IN HIS EMAIL HE HAS MASS EMAILED 200 PEOPLE.

IT IS NOT FAIR THAT THE 90 MEMBERS OF THE HRA SHOULD HAVE TO PAY £300 EACH TO PAY FOR LEGAL PROCEEDINGS WHILE THE OTHER 110+ SIT BACK AND PAY NOTHING, BUT WILL STILL EXPECT TO GET ALL THE BENEFITS OF THE LEGAL ACTION.

IF ALL THE 200 PEOPLE WHO ARE KNOWN JOIN THE HRA AND PAY INTO THE LEGAL FUND, THE COSTS PER PERSON WILL BE GREATLY REDUCED. BUT IF EVERYONE FROM EVERY DEVELOPMENT (EG,DP1 DP2 CSP etc) JOINS THE HRA AND CONTRIBUTES THE COST PER PERSON WILL BE MINIMAL.

I KNOW THESE ARE HARD TIMES, BUT THIS IS A CALL FOR EVERYONE TO COME TOGETHER AND JOIN THE HRA. AS A LARGE GROUP WE WILL BE MORE EFFECTIVE AT PROTECTING EVERYTHING WE HAVE WORKED HARD TO PAY FOR.

IF YOU STILL CHOOSE TO DO NOTHING AND WE DONT FIGHT THESE CROOKS THROUGH INDEPENDANT LEGAL ACTION AS A GROUP. THEN WE WILL ALL LOSE OUR APPARTMENTS AND ALL YOUR MONEY THAT YOU HAVE PAID OUT SO FAR WILL BE LOST.

ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO JOIN THE HRA IS UNDER THE HEADING "HOW TO JOIN THE HRA AND GET THE LEGAL REPORT" PLEASE TAKE A LOOK, AS NOW MORE THAN EVER WE NEED TO STAND TOGETHER.

AND REMEMBER THE MORE THAT JOIN THE LESS WE EACH HAVE TO PAY !

AND THE STRONGER YOU WILL BE.

Best Regards,

Neil Hollingsworth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:15 am 

Hi Neil,
Just read the emails which you sent to us in reference to our Apt in Desert Pearl One Hurghada Egypt, you have put in a sterling effort and one that should be commended. Although we are extremely disappointed with the attitude of ER; they give us no alternative but to act with court proceedings.

We are in agreement and acting on your advice to move with the HRA as a group and take legal action against EL Riad builders in Hurghada Egypt.

We are instructing DWS solicitors to act on our behalf and take ER to court to sort this major problem out, I will forward a cheque to them Today for the amount of £300.00 to take further action.
We feel that it is important to get this ball rolling asap, so we have the element of surprise,

It has been a most difficult time; but we feel certain that we have made the right decision for DWS to act as our legal court representative in Egypt. We too are in possession of the report and feel it fair only to reveal this information to the clients who have paid £100.00 to DWS Solicitors.
I must stress the importance of us all standing together as equals and share the financial pressures that are put before us.
Legal costs in Egypt amount to around £800.00 roughly with all documentation and legality finalised! so putting £400.00 in the HRA pot to covered the next level of activity is a small price to pay in order to get the legal ownership we all so desperately desire.

Best regards

Steve McGarrigle
McG International Limited

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:17 am 

I agree... now this information has been made public ..time is of the essence and if you think you can pass on this information to someone who you think may not know or other forum members (who will allow you)..please do..HRA is for the benefit of us all, lets use it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:20 pm 

I have paid the £100 and will be paying the £300 by cheque tomorrow. Absolutely agree we need to work together. We also need to be clear on what we are asking of DWS. At what point do they start action (when we have 50 people etc) and what we expect from them each stage.
JH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:05 pm 

hathaj wrote:
I have paid the £100 and will be paying the £300 by cheque tomorrow. Absolutely agree we need to work together. We also need to be clear on what we are asking of DWS. At what point do they start action (when we have 50 people etc) and what we expect from them each stage.
JH

Hi hathaj, they have stated they will be able to commence once they reach £15,000 in the client account.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:32 pm 

I am sending the £300 to DWS tomorrow

We really need to move forward quickly on this if ER are only registered as a company for 5 years from March 2005.
Just a thought, but if you add five years on to March 2005, this equals March 2010, according to UL the CSP and DP2 apartments would be completed in Dec 2010. Does that mean they would have done a WWD on us with the rest of our money, sorry if I'm being cynical.

Come on all the rest of you buyers, join us, together we stand stronger, and the more people involved the cheaper it will be.

Neil, Thanks you again for trying so hard to bring this to a positive conclusion, I'm sure I speak for all HRA members when I say we really appreciate all you have done

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:10 pm 

I am going to contact DWS tomorrow, but can we also lobby other organisations. Neil you mentioned the Egyptian Embassy and others that you have contacted, could we also contact them. Please let us know who we can contact. :?:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:29 pm 

My cheque is already written and on the way.

I will not give up until I have done everything in my power to get my apt.

We can't let this playground bully win.

Well donre Neil for everything you have done.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:03 pm 

Hi all, i have one query. Forgive me if I've missed something here, but why were we trying to broker a deal with El Riad? Didn't the DWS report state that the land and the apartments on it are technically the property of the Bank/Al Rawan? ...and that we should deal with them direct? ...in a sense, trying to do a deal with El Riad and the apparent obstinance of Mohammed throws the validity of the report into question(please don't take this the wrong way as DWS have done a sterling effort). He's acting like a man who knows he has full entitlement to the apartments.

Also, have WWD (and all their accomplices and associates) been reported to the serious fraud office?...given the amount they appear to have run off with

I agree that we shoud lobby the British Embassy and Egyptian Tourist Board as a collective. I thought the Embassy were already aware?

I'll be joining the legal fight and paying the fee asap.

regards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:30 pm 

Hi All

Just read the new informaion, not surprised.

Will be sending the £300 for the lawyers, hope this marks a turning point.

Mark Lancaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:03 am 

gd331426 wrote:
Hi all, i have one query. Forgive me if I've missed something here, but why were we trying to broker a deal with El Riad? Didn't the DWS report state that the land and the apartments on it are technically the property of the Bank/Al Rawan? ...and that we should deal with them direct? ...in a sense, trying to do a deal with El Riad and the apparent obstinance of Mohammed throws the validity of the report into question(please don't take this the wrong way as DWS have done a sterling effort). He's acting like a man who knows he has full entitlement to the apartments.

Also, have WWD (and all their accomplices and associates) been reported to the serious fraud office?...given the amount they appear to have run off with

I agree that we shoud lobby the British Embassy and Egyptian Tourist Board as a collective. I thought the Embassy were already aware?

I'll be joining the legal fight and paying the fee asap.

regards

I spoke to the bank reference working direct with them and they stated ER needs to be in agreement as they "apparently" have a 50% stake in the land with Rawan. In fact they now state the have bought Rawan but this does not show on the company register yet!!!! These are the points DWS will investigate when instructed further, there is only so long before the solicitors uncover the truth. I can't do any of that from the UK or would if i was there due to my Arabic not being as good as it could be :lol:

They will be able to send Arabic speaking attorneys to Hurghada and research properly as they did with the report and actually visit the land registry, company registry, courts etc...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:07 am 

Barbie wrote:
I am going to contact DWS tomorrow, but can we also lobby other organisations. Neil you mentioned the Egyptian Embassy and others that you have contacted, could we also contact them. Please let us know who we can contact. :?:

Hi Barbie, you could try this gentleman, i found him as useful as a chocolate fireguard but if enough people contact him. He is the Britsh Hon Consulate in Hurghada, Brian Evans

Hurghada Brian Evans 0101695029 Brian.JohnEvans-HonCon@fconet.fco.gov.uk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:27 am 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Hi Barbie, you could try this gentleman, i found him as useful as a chocolate fireguard but if enough people contact him. He is the Britsh Hon Consulate in Hurghada, Brian Evans

I contacted this guy a few times and each time he told me it was the first time he had heard of our problem... hmm
no harm in trying again though.....

Anyone got the details of the Omar Sharif fan club?? may as well try him also ??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:31 am 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Sorry Neil, but did you really think some one whose pay comes from our pockets and who is a government employee would really be interested in helping the people who pay him. It would be a first. Still if we all mail him might give him a push.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:12 am 

I have had it verified that Jayne Sanderson is still on site at Desert Pearl 1.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:25 am 

Thank Goodness.... what a horrendous time they must all be having out there.

Can't the police intervene for them..?

Has anyone put in a report to the police in Hurghada about the way they are being treated etc...

The next thing we will hear is that they have no water or electricity..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:55 am 

I really think we should use our collective power to start lobbying the Foreign office, press etc. Also if anyone has any links with MP's we should use them. I am not going to let the WWD guys get away with this. GT need to pull their finger out and look at whether there is an opportunity to go after these guys personally. We have done a great job to get organised (Thanks Neil) and we should now use that to its full benefit.

Can people let me know who they have lobbied and if you think it would help for me to hassle anyone. We need to get this file at the top of everyone's list. A lot of people are innocent victims here and thsi sort of thing should be in the press.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:33 pm 

My thoughts entirely as im sat here fuming in my lunch hour at work!
Im a single mum who bought this property as an investment with my son to help me put him through Uni this year ! I paid the £100 and will borrow the £300 off my kids to send to the solicitors ! ( how bad does that make me feel)

We need to show a united front - What about lobbying together and taking it to the Egyptian Embassy ,Press coverage, media , the Worldwide Web is a great tool.

We cant sit quiet and accept this- come on you other 110+ people- you surely cant sit back and expect us 90 folk to fight it / pay for it all on our own for you ?

What ever it takes- we need to get a Action Plan of key contact s and start making constructive comments/ noise in the right area's - what ever it takes- i am prepared to get involved !If it causes some harm to overseas sales in Egypt- Tough luck I say , and so it should do

This is potentially taking over all of our lives in different ways- we have all lost out, to varying degress but the impication of loosing our properties means the same to us all - We need to secure what is RIGHTFULLY ours- we wouldnt dream of just letting this ride over us, if we were treated in this manner in the UK property market ?

Sorry if im speaking out/ ranting slightly , but i do feel the legal route we are embarking on and as a group combined of 200 owners jointly agreeing a form of action to key contacts must count for something?

Sam
West Yorkshire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:56 pm 

I'm in a similar position in that my apartment was also meant to help towards seeing my 2 kids through uni as they will be there at the same time and I'm expecting this to be expensive!!!. I borrowed and raided the kids bank accounts to be able to pay 40% towards the apartment so far and definitely can't afford to lose that money with nothing in return. I paid the £100 and will be sending off the £300 so that we at least have a chance of getting our apartments. What I want to know is whether the 110 plus people who haven't paid anything yet will be required to pay the initial £100 plus the £300 :?:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:05 pm 

CELF wrote:

Has anyone put in a report to the police in Hurghada about the way they are being treated etc...

Hi CELF, this is Jayne Sanderson who works for Adele and ER not one of the owners. I had been told they had left because of the way things were going on site but wanted it verifying and i had an email from her this morning saying i was spreading lies and panicking people because i said they had left. As you can read in the email i sent out i asked if it was TRUE that they had left and if anyone can verify it, as usual 2 + 2 =10!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:10 pm 

kc67 wrote:
I'm in a similar position in that my apartment was also meant to help towards seeing my 2 kids through uni as they will be there at the same time and I'm expecting this to be expensive!!!. I borrowed and raided the kids bank accounts to be able to pay 40% towards the apartment so far and definitely can't afford to lose that money with nothing in return. I paid the £100 and will be sending off the £300 so that we at least have a chance of getting our apartments. What I want to know is whether the 110 plus people who haven't paid anything yet will be required to pay the initial £100 plus the £300 :?:

Hi kc67, anyone joining in will be required to pay the £100 plus £300, i have just received a bill from DWS for £1,982.89 this is the amount we are short for the first report. However i think we should have had enough people join now to cover this, well i hope so because i certainly don't want to be forking out nearly £2,000!! The solicitors will be negotiating ONLY for those that have paid and as i have said previously the banks can release apartments individually from the mortgage and as long as the solicitors oversee it and ensure ER/Rawan are in agreement and all the documentation is correct whatever happens to the others is for them to sort out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:28 pm 

Hi CELF, this is Jayne Sanderson who works for Adele and ER not one of the owners. I had been told they had left because of the way things were going on site but wanted it verifying and i had an email from her this morning saying i was spreading lies and panicking people because i said they had left. As you can read in the email i sent out i asked if it was TRUE that they had left and if anyone can verify it, as usual 2 + 2 =10!!![/quote]

Oh thats ok then... I thought it was one of the owners..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:06 pm 

HI

I would just like to say that there are approx 394 apartments between DP1 & DP2 and 179 in CSP..

We have only found a small percentage of purchasers up to now and the 90+ members of the HRA involve purchasers from all 3 developments....many of whom who have contributed to the HRA fund and the DWS legal action.
We all have different problems associated with our developments, which is why it is important to support each other through this to the end.

Our problems may be different but the Agenda is still the same....To get what we have paid for.... our apartments primarily and then them legally registered to us.

If you can think of ways to try and contact other purchasers on the developments, perhaps on other forums, or any ideas or leads we could follow your help would be greatly accepted.

We need more people to join to keep the costs down... this could be a long haul. There will be people who for one reason or another will sit back and leave it to the rest...some will have personal circumstances, which make it impossible to join at this present time, but its the ones who I know of personally who are unwilling to join...I ask them to search their concience and do not leave it up to the rest of us...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:28 pm 

Hi

My name is Ray I have paid 40% for appartment in CSP.

I have just been taking in all the information over the past few days....what a mess.

I have just posted my completed HRA form and £100 cheque to DWS...a friend of mine has also purchased in CSP and I will be getting him to do the same so you guys got 2 more people on board.

Maybe we could all arange to meet at Egyptian Embassy in London one day with official complaint. I'm sure if there are close to 100 people it may make the news ! Watchdog ?

Ray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:39 pm 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
kc67 wrote:

Hi kc67, anyone joining in will be required to pay the £100 plus £300, i have just received a bill from DWS for £1,982.89 this is the amount we are short for the first report. However i think we should have had enough people join now to cover this, well i hope so because i certainly don't want to be forking out nearly £2,000!! The solicitors will be negotiating ONLY for those that have paid and as i have said previously the banks can release apartments individually from the mortgage and as long as the solicitors oversee it and ensure ER/Rawan are in agreement and all the documentation is correct whatever happens to the others is for them to sort out.

I'm in this to the bitter end, I can't afford to loose £13600 plus half the furniture money as this was part of my life savings, spent to supliment my pension, so my £300 was paid via bank transfer this morning.
I have mailed the government guy in Hurghada, Brian Evans, if he comes back with"first time he's heard of it " a mail will go straight back, oh and I did remind him that he is the "UK Government, and therefore my representative in Hurghada Egypt" and "please reply with what assistance you can give please, as a UK citizen I am looking to you to look after my interests abroad". isn't this what these people are supposed to be for.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:34 pm 
Hi All....I will be sending my £300 off tomorrow. Hope we can get every owner on board with this as it appears to be our only hope of securing our apartments.
Alan 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:26 pm 
RivermeadGlobal wrote:
CELF wrote:

Hi CELF, this is Jayne Sanderson who works for Adele and ER not one of the owners. I had been told they had left because of the way things were going on site but wanted it verifying and i had an email from her this morning saying i was spreading lies and panicking people because i said they had left. As you can read in the email i sent out i asked if it was TRUE that they had left and if anyone can verify it, as usual 2 + 2 =10!!!

I can confirm that the two ladies mentioned are still at DP1 as at 9 july 2009

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:13 am 

What are these 2 ladies doing there ?? especially as they work for ER..?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:22 am 

Adele and Jayne do not work for El Riad, they are a third party property management and maintenance company.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:37 am 

My a*se!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:19 am 

MCGInternational wrote:
My a*se!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So who do you say they are...... sorry to ask but I must have missed something, I have never heard of these 2 ladies.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:50 pm 

Scubamog wrote:
RivermeadGlobal wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Sorry Neil, but did you really think some one whose pay comes from our pockets and who is a government employee would really be interested in helping the people who pay him. It would be a first. Still if we all mail him might give him a push.

I have e-mailed him today - all we can do is hassle some of these people & see if we can get somewhere. I expect they will just refer us to a lawyer (probably UL!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:56 pm 

i think its very important to find out if the email from ul is true and to find out what they plan to do as this would make the picture a lot clearer for dp2/coral pearl people and might aviod any further action

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:34 pm 

Hi,

I have a couple of questions..

Have DWS stated what specific services they will provide for the £15,000? will each payee be provided with this information in a terms of agreement? i'm guessing also that this will introduce a level of proessional accountability on their part. Will this accountability be to HRA or to the individual?

Is the cost £300 regardless of whether you haver paid the £100 initial fee? ..or do newcomers pay a little more?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:25 pm 

gd331426 wrote:
Hi,

I have a couple of questions..

Have DWS stated what specific services they will provide for the £15,000? will each payee be provided with this information in a terms of agreement? i'm guessing also that this will introduce a level of proessional accountability on their part. Will this accountability be to HRA or to the individual?

Is the cost £300 regardless of whether you haver paid the £100 initial fee? ..or do newcomers pay a little more?

I have aksed for a guide as to what they plan to do, i suppose it all depends on how well ER cooperate. I know the first thing they intend to do is have one of their senior Arabic speaking Solicitors call Yasser the owner of El Riad and discuss the situation. From this i guess they will know how the negotiations will go and be able to plan accordingly, they also need to speak to the bank and Taamir. There is an official agreement signed by all members of the HRA becuase the HRA had to be formed as a company due to there being no class action laws in Egypt, the HRA is then the main client and each member joins as a plaintiff. DWS fall under the UK Law Society even though acting for you in Egypt.

New members will need to pay the initial £100 and the further £300 because the £100 paid to carry out the due diligence forms part of the next phase. Then the £300 goes towards the future negotiations bearing in mind if the negotiations are quick and easy the money can be returned or held on account towards drawing up new contracts for all concerened and as the word spreads and more join the figure gets smaller.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:00 pm 

Well done on getting yourselves organised and on the road to a resolution!

Im not a WWD/ER customer but Regency and I feel we are going to go through a very similar situation soon. I also contacted the consultate months ago and got very little response/help.

Does anyone feel that LAW needs further action for their original due dilligence that appears at fault? I wrote an email complaint a month ago but not received a reply in relation to Regency brands.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:08 pm 

Hello Spiritedone,

There is a topic up and running for your developments on here if you would like to contribute, there is a lady in Regency continental name of Margaret who is desperate for news and also if look through the other topics developments there is something about Law Ltd too, a couple of purchasers have used them and are considering legal action regarding their purchase. Can't remember which ones sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Spiritedone,

If you look under the topics section of the main forum you will see the heading "Regency Conental l & ll information and advice" click on that and there you can share your info and meet other buyers from your development.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:32 pm 

Have heard from a friend today that the El-Riad Agency below DP1 is extremely busy with multi national people interested in purchasing property, being shown apartments on DP1 and the unfinished developments of DP2/CSP.
I am so pleased they are busy as this may be a way for them to sort out their finances quickly, regarding the mortgage situation etc.... and the commencement of building on DP2/CSP

WHAT I AM NOT PLEASED ABOUT

Whose apartments are they selling ?? How can we find out which ones ?? Who can we trust to tell us the Truth !!

WHAT CAN WE DO IF IT'S YOURS OR MINE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:59 pm 

I am not liking the sound of that- whose apartments ARE THEY SELLING??? !!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 pm 

we need to find out from the friend- who is being shown round to try and see where it is being marketed- we need to do as much in our power to cause a massive tidal wave and quick if which i suspect- is our apartments they are viewing !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

Just checked their web site, check this link. http://www.red-sea-villas.com/Projects/ ... px?M=1&P=8

Did all the appartments on DP1 DP2 & CP sell out or were there some left? Mind you with this lot nothing would surprise me now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:06 pm 

samib38 wrote:
we need to find out from the friend- who is being shown round to try and see where it is being marketed- we need to do as much in our power to cause a massive tidal wave and quick if which i suspect- is our apartments they are viewing !!!

As far as my friend knows all El-Riad developments are being marketed in the new Estate Agency office
They have checked and apartments are for sale in our developments but they (El-Riad) are not saying which ones... as in the apt numbers..... only type of apartment. It is possible these are ones that El-Riad themselves own. I don't know how many apartments are sold in any of the developments and I suppose the only way I will find out is when HRA/DWS informs me of the situation out there..
My money was well spent joining the HRA and the DWS legal group, there is alot more at stake than £300 after hearing this revelation.
I remember reading something about people looking round our developments last week, but can't remember which forum...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:34 pm 

Forgot to mention people who seem to be viewing are Russian and Egyptian.

The only way to ensure you have an apartment and it is not being sold under you is to join the HRA/DWS legal group ASAP. We have to act quickly if there is any truth in the latest revelation and I agree nothing would suprise me either. How would we know anyway, I'm not waiting till I go over to find out...I want to know what I am up against.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

I agree,

And lets face if your appartment is re-sold to an Egyptian, whos side do you think the Egyptian courts will take?

Please read the latest announcement on the main board VERY URGENT NEWS PLEASE READ it is in your interest.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:08 pm 

Another piece of information has just come my way...

There are a couple of people in DP1 who have been offered other apartments in other developments, one is Lotus and I think there is one other. I can't think why.... unless its either been resold, resold and they have been given an upgrade or maybe the purchaser chose to move for some reason.
Who knows...I could speculate all night.

This information is from a reliable source and so I do believe this information to be true, if you are one of the people who is changing development and are using this forum are you willing to explain why??
Is there something we should know?