It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello and welcome to the Hurghada Residents Association
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:15 am 
Site Admin

Re: Hello to all HRA Members
by bailey1972 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi All

Just want to introduce myself and say well done to whoever has set this forum up - once again an ideal discussion forum to discuss our problems and hopefully make new friends etc.

I am purchaser in DP2 and have currently paid 40%, of which I am now waiting news as to whether contract stands or not

Let's keep open the communication and hopefully end up with a succesfull outcome for all

xxxbailey1972

Post subject: Re: Hello and welcome to the Hurghada Residents Association
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:16 am 
Site Admin

by jess161 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi All

I own an apartment in DP1 and have currently paid for my apartment in full.

Hope this issue gets resolved soon.

Jessica

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:16 am 
Site Admin

by Angie » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi
We've purchased in DP2 with 40% deposit.
Fingers crossed for the completion without anymore stress!

Regards
Angie & Dave

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:17 am 
Site Admin

by timmy123abc » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

Im Tim and I have a propery in Desert pearl 1 which is fully paid for. Who would have thought when we put our first deposits down all the time ago that we would have ended up in this nightmare but such is life I suppose! I personally want to think Neil Hollingworth for all the hard work and effort he has put in for no personal gain. Lets hope all his hard work pays off and then we can all owe him a pint!

Tim H

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:18 am 
Site Admin

by johnnetplus » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi folks,

I too have paid 40% for a studio apartment in DP2. Unsure what to make of all of this but hanging in there to see how it all pans out. I'm so sick of everything that I'm thinking of walking away and cutting my loss thus keeping my loss to what I've paid already.

I'm not happy but I simply don't trust paying more money out to any company which may or may not supply me with the apartment. I take the longer view, what would happen if all this gets resolved and I end up with my studio apartment. Who is to say when I come to sell I have similar problems about ownership etc. Then there is the fact that ER will still be involved and may try to 'up' the annual maintenance fees etc to gain more income from us. Too many ifs and maybes for me. But I hope I'm totally wrong as I hate to think 'they' (whoever they are) have won and made off with all our money!

Site Admin

by bashir » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi All,

I have paid in full for my appartment in DP1. Just want to thank Neil for taking it on himself to spearhead our fight back. And thanks to whoever setup this up so we can all talk again
which is so important.May I through this forum personelly thank Neil for being so much helpfull his precise guiadence throughout the difficult situation we are all facing he is a man of his word. Thank you Neil may you succeed in helping every one else as well as myself.

Bashir

Site Admin

by foz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:21 pm

HI all, as most i have paid 40% into DP2 - heres to a swift successful out come.

Also id like to extend a much hearty thanks to Neil and others who have dedicated so much time and effort into this movement! I can appreciate it cant be an easy task.

kind regards,
Foz.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:19 am 
Site Admin

by Pinacolada » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi Everyone

We purchased on DP2 and paid 40%.
Unfortunately we have a PM signed contract and are unsure what problems, if any, this may cause in the future.
We would also like to thank Neil for all his time and effort trying to sort out this mess. Don't know what we would have done without him.
At least by being in the HRA we are hopefully working towards a solution for all of us on DP1, DP2 & CP.

Pinacolada

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:20 am 
Site Admin

by Hogg1978 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi All,

I too am a DP2 purchaser and paid 40% deposit.

I cannot thank Neil enough for all of his hard work and when this is all sorted, I am sure we can organise a show of our appreciation.

I still live in hope of a huge party on the roof terrace watching the sunset in Hurghada - a team is worth more than the sum of its parts and I am sure that one day this will come good.

Great to have a forum once again - thanks to whoever set this up.

Site Admin

by cherokee » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi all iv paid 40% on a studio in DP1 and had it furnished paid my deposit back end of 2006,im not going to be paying anymore money to anyone and to be honest if Eygpt droped off the map today it wouldnt be soon enough for me.I dont want to walk away,my money is hard earned,iv spoken to the builders and told them i want them to sell my flat and just give me back my money,they can have any profit i just want whats owed.Lets face it,we've all been well and truly mugged by WWD someone somewhere is sitting on a beach with a big grin.........

Site Admin

by BillyBollockchops » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I too have paid 100% for a studio apartment on DP1. I will be in Hurghada this Friday (19 June) for almost a week taking a short holiday, but also hoping to get the key from El-Riad. Have so far not paid any extra to ER, nor will I be.

Hope to meet some of you in the not too distant future.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:21 am 
Site Admin

by justustwo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi All

As many others we have paid in full for an apartment in DP1 plus furnishing costs, and have so far spent about 20 minutes in it, thats £1,100 per minute we are sure with all Neils help thus far and his continued support we will all have a positive outcome and if we all buy him all the beers we owe him he might have to join AA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:21 am 
Site Admin

by markas32 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:42 pm

I had purchased on the dp2 project, in 2007, and had already decided to walk away, but wondered is there any chance of getting the deposit back, 9k is still a lot of money. Will I be getting chased for more money like those on dp1, sorry to hear all the hassles you guys have had to put up with.
Well done to Neil and those who have set this site up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:22 am 
Site Admin

by skidders » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Hi All
Im in DP1 have paid 40 % to WWD and the balance of 60% was paid to El Riad Back In Febuary and have a new El Riad contract.

Hope that as a group we can give a united front.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:23 am 
Site Admin

by seadogrod » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi all,

I have purchased on DP1 and have paid about 60% and would like to thank Neil for all his hard work and for keeping a ray of hope alight for all of us in this darkness . I hope this forum continues to be one of information and help and does not go down the route of others which have deteriorated into a farce .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:23 am 
Site Admin

by janed » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi All,

I am DP2 (I hope!). A302. 40% Paid.

Many thx to Neil & Mark for all their hard work setting up the assoc & everything else they are doing.

Lets hope we get some new members so we can be as strong as we can be for the battle ahead!

I would also like to thank whoever set up this site if they are on our side ! - would be good if they identified themselves.....??

best wishes to all,

jane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:24 am 
Site Admin

by Alistair Towler » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi
I've purchased two apartments on DP1 with my brother, we've paid 100% to WWD. We also bought two furniture packs.
My mother went out to look at them and spent a few days. My brother and i have yet to set foot in them. Hope we can get this sorted together.
Thanks to Neil.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:25 am 
Site Admin

by BELLEJESSE » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Hiya Guys.
I have paid 100% for an apartment DP1 plus furniture and £500 maintenance fees, i look forward to talking to all of you, and hopefully we can move forward with this and get our apartments, my solicitors over there are United Lawyers and to be honest they are vague to say the least, how many of us are with these people?

Nice to talk to you all.

Adrian.

Site Admin

by tonystock » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi Everybody

I have paid 40% for an apartment in CSP development..BIG thanks to Neil from Rivermead for all of his on-going efforts and also to the person that has had the good sense to initiate this forum!
Let's all stick together and get this sorted!

Tony Stock

Site Admin

by MCG International » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Hello to one and all
Sent: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:41 pm
To: hurghad1

Hi Everyone,
We have owned an apt on Desert Pearl One which we paid for in full last February 2008 through Neil Hollingsworth @ Rivermead global properties.
It is fantastic that we have a communication line again to see what has developed since our last visit to Hurghada in April 2009.

A very smart move forward whoever set up this forum well done, hopefully we can comment on current situations freely without fear of reprisal.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:26 am 
Site Admin

by celf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi All ,

I see there are some old friends on here and also a few new.

We all have the same aim..... to get what we paid for.
Hopefully with the help of the HRA members as a collective group and Neil and Mark this aim can be achieved.
It is still early days, negotiations are afoot, we have to stay positive, all we can hope is that we all have a satisfactory outcome on all the Desert Pearl Developments.
DP2 purchaser fully paid up..
Best wishes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:27 am 
Site Admin

by easynow » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi Everyone,

I too wish to thank Neil and others who are on the sharp end of this, fighting for us all. You have my absolute support! It would be nice to know the person who set this up is a also a genuine friend of HRA, though I cant think why they would be otherwise.

I am 100% paid up on DP1 with a disputed contract. Hope we can all see our investments materialise as promised. I would love to visit Hurghada again this summer and who knows, maybe it can still happen.

Thanks again Neil and co. for keeping the light on for us all.

Best wishes

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:27 am 
Site Admin

by Margo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi Everyone
I am the owner of a 2 bed apartment on DP1 paid in full, all the best to you neil for trying to sort this out for us.

Regards
Margo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:28 am 
Site Admin

by mickandlel » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:42 pm

Hello to everyone,
this is our first time on the site, like most other people we have paid 40% on an appartment on DP2. And like everyone else, we to can't thank Neil enough for giving ys a little bit of hope now. Does anyone know whats happening with D'leise designs?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:28 am 
Site Admin

by celf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:48 pm

I spoke to Diana Perez about 3 weeks ago... she said they are waiting for a report from their Solicitor in Cairo, to see how they can proceed with their contracts to us..
I must admit she seemed quite plausable, but there was just something that niggled me... I'm not sure if I believed everything she said. I suppose its a case of wait and see yet again.
BW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:29 am 
Site Admin

by celf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Hi Skidders,

You say you have a new ER contract.... would you mind letting us all know the content?? is it the same terms & conditions etc...as your last one.
Many thanks
BW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:29 am 
Site Admin

by Dunny69 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:47 pm

Some say that Niel Hollingsworth isnt fit to sleep with pigs but i say he is!!!! lol. Hi Niel well done buddy and the fight goes on. Let us all hope that this forum does not give in to threats from the dark side when truths get too near the mark. Information and contact is essential and there is no such thing as stupid questions, something that is important to one person may become important to many and together we must become stronger. Heres to a successful campaign and good luck to us all.

Dunny69

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:30 am 
Site Admin

by Di W57 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Hi Everyone. Here we go again! thanks [again...yawn] NEIL...joking of course,,good to have another site and yep thanks to whoever set it up.....and Dunny will you ever spell NEIL`s name right without a prompt!!... Fingers crossed that we can all start to get some conclusion to this mess soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:30 am 
Site Admin

by sheffrob » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:34 am

Hi,
Just to say that I too have paid 40% for a studio on DP2. Would again like to thank Neil. As far as I know all building work has stopped on DP2. Is this correct and ifnall goes well. when would be the earliest completion.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:31 am 
Site Admin

by simonjwatts1 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi to you all yes i cant keep away from a forum (bring it on) I have purchased in DP1 fully paid and furnished etc etc like alot of others.
Thanks Neil i hope it is all worth the effort . Time will tell but lets keep the fight alive and start being a little more aggresive with our rights as we all have them.
Good luck all

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:31 am 
Site Admin

by scubamog » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:42 pm

Hi every one .
Thanks Neil for all your hard work.
I own 40% of a three bed Coral Sea Pearl appt
Some one asked about D'elise design. Look on this web sight: https://www.ukdata.com/creditreports/veiwCompanyDetails and input D'elise Design. The report advisesthat on 25-05-2009 First Notification of strike-off action in London Gazette (section 652)this means an aplication went in to strike the company off in three months, unless objected - and on 26-05-2009 Notice of strike-off action suspended which means Someone (usually a creditor) has objected to the company being struck off. Once a Company has been struck off the bank account is frozen.
So we may get our apartments in the end, but may not the furniture to go in it, at least from D'elise Design.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:56 am 

Hi All,
I too am 40% paid up on DP2 - let's hope for a successful outcome. Thanks to Neil once again for all his help with this. I am currently fighting with Delise Design with the help of Trading Standards, regarding getting the 50% deposit I paid refunded. Don't like to think that they will get struck off and we'll lose our money.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:22 pm 

Hello All,

I have paid 40% to WWD and 60% to El Riad for my DP1 apartment. I am anxious I havent received ownership documents for my apartment although I have heard one or two do now have stamped contracts!? This mortgage on the land is the biggest concern it seems to me. I'm so hard up for cash at the moment I havent got £100 for Neil's report, maybe this is where all the answers are :).

Stephen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:42 pm 

Hi All,

First of all, a massive thanks to Neil for his sterling effort so far. It's very much appreciated!
I've only recently joined in the fun and games, but can see how hard he's been working on this.

I've paid 40% on CSP in Feb 2008.
I visited the development with my family in August 2008 and all seemed well. We met with resident owners and owners on holiday and everything appeared rosy. Have those people been thrown off site, is that correct?????

I don't know who my lawyers are as I never got that far (well, lifetime lawyer was arranged then cancelled) and the selling agent in the UK I bought from has been less that helpful, but that's another story...
So, before stumbling across Neil, I was aimlessly sending emails in an attempt to get a response from anyone at all.
Thank God for Neil...

I too would love to be able to walk away from this nightmare, but will be sticking it out to see how near we can get to a resolution of some sort.
Does anyone know what happened at the WWD Administrators meeting in London on 5th June?

Thanks,
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:05 pm 

hello and welcome to you all- my names sam- from west yorks-i paid for 1 bed apartment purchased ;) with my son -paid in full march 08 and maintenance £500- lets hope we get some positive news soon-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:35 pm 

Hi

My name is Ray and I have paid 40% for 1 bed appartment in CSP.

I got all my info from Neil, thanks for all the help much appreciated. Not sure where this will go, wish I had done a bit more research on WWD probably wouldnt be in this mess. Hopefully we will all get our apartments and manage them ourselves.

Ray

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:32 pm 

Hi,
I have been watching developments on other forums. Neil has been continually helpfull to all who have asked for his help without any recompence and it looks like he is continuing to do so. I have paid 40% for a 3 bed place on DP2, I have been asked by UL lawyers for three lots of 20%, I will not pay utill I have a key i my hand as per original agreement. Maybe it will all come right in the end and we can have a pint of the local beer stella copy on the roof.
Bernie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:24 am 

Can anyone please tell me what the difference is in the wording of contracts between DP1 & DP2.

My contract is bewteen 3 parties;- WWD Egypt, El Riad & Rawan (oh - and me of course if I'm lucky!!)

On the 2nd Page mine reads "Rawan Company is owner of 11.970 sq m " etc

There was some mix up from the start as we believed we had purchased in DP1 but were later told it was DP2. This wording never changed however in the new "DP2" contract.

Could anyone please tell me if the wording is the same as this in a DP1 or DP2 contract?

It would also be useful to know what the wording is in a CSP contract?

Many thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:45 pm 

janed wrote:
Can anyone please tell me what the difference is in the wording of contracts between DP1 & DP2.

My contract is bewteen 3 parties;- WWD Egypt, El Riad & Rawan (oh - and me of course if I'm lucky!!)

There was some mix up from the start as we believed we had purchased in DP1 but were later told it was DP2. This wording never changed however in the new "DP2" contract.

Could anyone please tell me if the wording is the same as this in a DP1 or DP2 contract?

Many thanks

Hi janed, my apologies i was meant to find this out for you wasn't i? I will also check apartment numbers and see if any have double names on them, i will get back to you ASAP :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:29 am 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
janed wrote:

Many thanks

Hiya, we too are in the same situation with the same contract although we are in DP2, so I would also be grateful for this information if possible

Many thanks
Sarah
Hi janed, my apologies i was meant to find this out for you wasn't i? I will also check apartment numbers and see if any have double names on them, i will get back to you ASAP :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:23 pm 

Please can anyone let me know if they have purchased A302 in DP1 or DP2?

many thx.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:44 pm 

Hello to all new members and thank you all for sharing information. I will tell you my thoughts and what i am trying to acheive, there are two seperate issues with DP1 and DP2/CSP.

DP1: There are two issues with DP1, first those that have paid 100% and extras then there are those that have only paid 40%. We all know somewhere along the lines money has gone missing but no-one knows how much as we have not seen any accounts. Through my own digging, emailing calling etc... i have managed to find the people we need to speak to at The Bank of Abu Dhabi and they have agreed to set up a payment scheme to allow individuals to release their apartments from the mortgage granted on the land/buildings.

I have argued that as the mortgage covers Suleder and DP1 it should therefore be halfed and any payments all ready made should be taken off, we then work out paying off a percentage of the rest 75-80%. We have a significant amount from people still to pay 60% and we have the mortgages from Taamir if we can get them released, we then need to negotiate for those having paid 100%. If everything above can be taken into account then the remaining amount should not be to high however we still need to negotiate with ER to issue new contracts along with the title from the bank. This is where we would need to involve DWS to do the negotiating and writing the new contracts to ensure they can't be broken again. The issue i have is that another person is trying to do something similar but take a percentage of the revenue, i feel this will increase the amount you need to pay becuase the bank will be recieving less and until the banks give me a written guarantee they are not working with this person i refuse to hand over any information we have collected. I have emailed and phoned the bank but still not had an answer, if they do go with this other person then i will have to walk away and unfortunatley leave you in their hands as mine will be tied.

I would also like to see the owners take charge of the maintenance/management of all three developments once completed, with DP1 being taken over ASAP and as owners i think you need to stand together and inform people of this (if everyone emails it may get the message across).

DP2/CSP: The issue with these two is a little less daunting than DP1 and those within the Hurghada Residents Association will be receiving my proposals reference the way forward on these. I do not want to post them on an open forum, there is also extra information reference DP1 coming out and i will let you all know who the 3rd party is and what they are proposing.

There is another solicitor who i am laising with who has a couple of clients on each development and we are working together and sharing information etc... this is making us stronger working together. What i want to get across is that although things are quiet i am working on this every day and trying to find a way forward, i cant give guarantees it will get resolved without having to pay more money but we are moving forward and all i would say is don't pay anything across to anyone at the moment.

I'm not writing this to try and get people to join the HRA, but it would not be fair on those that have joined and paid the £100 for me to divulge everything on an open forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:09 pm 

HI, I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE KNOWS SOME ONE WHO HAS BROUGHT IN REGENCY CONTINENTAL 1/2, AS YOU MIGHT KNOW THERE IS A LOT OF TROUBLE WITH THEM AS WELL, AND I DON,T KNOW IF I,V LOST MY APARTMENT, MONEY, OR BOTH, SO I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO ANY OTHER BUYERS THAT IS GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING WITH RC1/2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:14 pm 

Hi, I came across your site just browsing for more info on El Riad. We purchased an apartment at Marlion Residences in March 2008 - completion due March 2010. Since March 09 there have been problems with the agents Sigma Properties and apparantly only 23 out of 120 contracts were signed by El Riad. Everybody seems to be blaming everyboedy else, seems like the same old story... any advice would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Hello and welcome to the HRA forum.

There is a separate topic just for buyers on Marlion / Isla vista Island View which you will find on the main page.

You may also wish to read the Sound Familiar topic on the main page as well.

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:31 am 

Hi everyone

Myself and a friend have purchased 2 appartments originally in dp1 right from the start then for some reason got moved into dp2 6 months later saying that our apt wasnt actually in a block due to architects drawings been wrong or something like that.Anyway i think we are in the same situation as most of you having paid the 40% on both apts and now are just waiting and hopeing everything will turn out ok.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:27 pm 

i would just like to say ,what ever happens in this nightmare of dp1 etc , neil has been a god send because without him i would have given up a long time ago. (cheers neil)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:10 pm 

THIS IS A REPLY I HAVE SENT TO MR PETER MORRIS IN REPLY TO AN EMAIL IM SURE WE ALL RECEIVED.

In reply to this pathetic attempt to clean the dirt from your family name.

Your business attitude is a sham and your company a complete front to oust more monies from hard working people who have already paid and completed in this facade of a business venture.

Why the hell should we as purchasers even contemplate to pay yet more funds to rinse the debt from the failing companies that have already had spent lost or otherwise the funds handed in good faith to them.
Your "new" web site claims you have had many successful completions of purchasers and yet your dates certainly do not cohere with the company house dates ,so again there seems to be another area of grey thick untrustworthy mist covering some more worthless promises and ever widening goal posts to satisfaction re these apartment sales.
You claim you had meetings with the El Riad directors (plural meaning more than one) whilst in the prison in Egypt and yet when released and awaiting clear passage back to the UK you asked a very very good friend of mine whilst sitting in PJs to "point" out Yasser the director and owner of El Riad as you had never met him???? why would you need him pointing out when in your statement to the innocent parties in this charade you had meetings with him????
the following is cut from your own web site "In 2007 the team at OPPN sold nearly 600 units" and yet companies house states as follows" Date of Incorporation: 12/02/2008"
Now i am sorry and dislike the word lie but this (so called) factual information differs in three areas???
As a member of company house my date of incorporation states exactly with the date i commenced not before nor after??
Now i request some real proof as to who you are what you are actually going to do and if the measures are in place what have you done in order to satisfy your mistakes!
I had no problems until you stated you could not state if you actually signed my contract?? Did you in fact sign the Letters you have sent out ? If so Mr Morris it is identical to my contract signature but you refuse to acknowledge therefore placing many purchasers in the position we are now. And then you have the audacity to ask us to pay even more money to possibly re-buy our contract.
I am sorry sir but unless some actual information comes my way i will strive to prevent you obtaining one more pound from any unfortunate clients who firstly met you had business with you.
I do prejudge any persons but the unfortunate track records of many of the financial involvments you have been a party too have very dubious backgrounds lifetime lawyers to mention but one.
I relish your reply re the information to satisfy my needs in order to even contemplate discussing any other points re DP1.

Simon Watts
ps i will post this on the HRA site as you seem to have some involvement on a private site??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: peter@oppn.co.uk
Subject: FW: Desert Pearl 1 - WWD Egypt
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:20:12 +0100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Desert Pearl One owners

Please see below an email that has been posted on the Hurghada Residents Association. While I do not feel that I have to explain any of my actions or business dealings I do feel that I should comment on this email from me to the Bank of Abu Dhabi.

When I was appointed as a director of WWD UK I was informed by Taamir Mortgages that there were approximately 50 mortgage applications ready to be signed off by me that would release around £1,000,000 sterling for WWD. They then explained that a deal had been struck between El Riad/El Rawan, The Bank of Abu Dhabi and Taamir Mortgages for all of the £,1,000,000 to be paid direct to The Bank of Abu Dhabi to repay part of the loan that El Riad/El Rawan had taken out with the bank.
Having had relevant discussions with the parties involved I refused to sign up to this agreement on the basis that why should WWD Egypt pay off a loan taken out by El Riad/El Rawan. The bank then informed me that it had a charge on the Desert Pearl 1 development and that it could in fact simply re-possess the development, sell it, and recover the monies owed this way.
It was only then, to avoid such action being taken from the bank that all parties involved with WWD agreed to pay 80% of this income directly to The Bank of Abu Dhabi. The remaining 20 % would go to WWD to help fund the ongoing costs involved with running the business and to make sure the company survived.
If WWD had paid this amount to the Bank then approximately two thirds of the debt owed by El Riad / El Rawan would still have been outstanding, the bank asked me to consider approaching the buyers on DP1 and asking them if they would consider paying this debt off and that if they agreed then WWD would be paid a commission to cover it’s costs.
All of the above is now of little concern as I decided not to move forward with both of these options.
Moving on from this I decided to call the Bank last week as I had heard that they were willing to release the charge’s they held on the various units providing each buyer paid 20% of the original purchase price to the bank. Rania at the bank confirmed this but she explained to me that if I could get all of the buyers to agree to a deal then the bank would look at a lower percentage.
If I can get the bank to agree to a lower percentage as settlement, plus get Taamir Mortgages to agree to provide the mortgages to the buyers who have requested them on DP1, then I am willing to pay this amount in full, from the monies WWD would receive from the mortgage company. The bank would be paid direct from Taamir Morgages with the balance going to WWD.
The good news for all DP1 buyers is that if the three parties concerned (WWD Egypt, The Bank of Abu Dhabi and Taamir Mortgages) can reach an agreement then you will not have to pay any more monies to secure your purchase/purchases on DP1. Furthermore WWD Egypt will still continue with its proposed legal action against El Riad/El Rawan.
I have emailed both the bank and Taamir mortgages and will contact you soon to let you know the outcome.

Regards

Peter Morris

by hurghad1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:54 pm

This is an email that I received anonymously. It is from Peter Morris to Rania at the Bank of Abu Dhabi.

Hopefully this information will help you to make an informed decision when/if you receive a phone call from him or one of his colleagues.

Hello Rania

It was good to meet you yesterday.

Subject to the necessary legal documents being signed and agreed by all
parties concerned i would like to confirm the offer discussed at yesterdays
meeting.

1. For the mortgages already processed by Taamir Mortgages for the clients
on Desert Pearl Phase One, The National Bank Of Abu Dhabi will take 80% of
the revenue and my company will take 20% of the revenue.

2. For the clients on Desert Pearl One who have paid 100% of the purchase
price then The National Bank Of Abu Dhabi agrees to release its charge on
each unit providing the buyer pays The National Bank Of Abu Dhabi the sum of
13,000 Sterling. The Bank agrees to pay my company 10% of this amount for
each unit released by the Bank.

The lawyer acting for myself on this matter will be Matthew Ingle and i have
copied him in on this email, please feel free to pass on his email address
to your lawyers.

I look forward to hearing from you in the next few few days.

Regards

Peter Morris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:23 pm 

Hi Simon

Thats a great reply to the gutter rat, lets see what his reply will be.

Pks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:55 pm 

Hi Everyone

Could someone please answer this I had insurance on my appartments up untill they bailed out when all the trouble started then they sent a letter saying they would insure the appartment again i did not take it up because i did not even know if we had appartments. I did not want to make payments for something i did not own but if all goes well and we get the appartments and it has been used by someone and damage has been caused then i am going to be left with a bill to sort it out not sure what to do.
what did everyone else do?
is it worth getting a group insurance between us all if one exists?

pudkat