It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Regency Towers information and advice
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

This is the place to discuss information and share advice for Regency Towers

Post subject: Re: Regency Towers information and advice
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:43 pm 

Regency Towers and the Regency projects are linked to the WWD/Pearl projects in that sense that the so-called developer AH worked at first for WWD/Sean Woodhall.
Mr. Woodhall was Mr. AH best man on his wedding.
Mr. AH learned the \"business\" from Mr. Woodhall and started of on his own.
Needless to say that all Regency Projects are in troubles and that Mr. AH , who was in Egypt when Mr. Peter Morris (WWD) got arrested, has run to England afraid to share a cel with Mr. Morris. Although at first Mr. AH tried to get hold of the Pearl projects while Mr. Morris was in the prison. El Riaad, knowing Mr. AH, refused to work with him.

Mr. AH abandoned RT.
Owners have been sold apartments belonging to the owner of the building , two choises left for them : to get the money from Mr. AH who pretends he has no more money (although his wife flew several times to Dubai? or pay their \"property\" for the second time to the real owner.
Owners have been robbed from their maintenance fees and been left with unpaid bills.

Regency Continental: owners who have paid 100% in full + maintenance fees have been locked out of the building since Mr. AH failed to pay the outstanding amount to the owner of the building.

Regency Heights: owners have received a statement of LAW, forcing them to pay for the size increase of their apartment (a built in trap in the selling contracts).

Regency Crash Pads owners: these project is far from even started and will probably never start since Mr. AH fled the country.

In almost all of the Regency sellings LAW was the \"independent\" lawyer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:45 am 

I can confirm your last sentence as I was told this by Law Ltd myself, when we were originally going to use them ourselves... they used the Regency properties as to reasons why we should use them instead of another Lawyer... thank goodness we went elsewhere... and where did we go.... the HRA and DWS legal group...
BW :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:25 pm 

Made themselves a profitable business.

Being presented as \"independent lawyers\", working with both Mr. AH and Mr. SW (property hotspotsworldwide - World Wide Destinations) using the same \"selling\" techniques, knowing NOTHING about Egyptian law, approving contracts for UK buyers whereas either nothing was checked either checked through the lawyers of the so-called developers (\"independant\" what a joke), asking each and every UK investor for minimum of 400 British sterling, EVEN when investors changed their minds and withdrew from the buying.
Now the projects have tumbled down, they have the cheek to ask the same investors who paid for their due diligence, to pay again (about 500 British sterling) to get them out of the mess.

Lucrative business.... receiving money for none due diligence and receiving money for getting investors out of the problem they created themselves by not doing what they have been paid for !!

In my opinion a scam equal to the developper scams

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:00 pm 
Some owners are interested in proceeding with a class action against LAW ltd, for starters, anyone interested?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:51 pm 

I used LAW for DP1. I am giving PM chance to negotiate and paid £500 to do that although it was his fault for failing due diligence. If this negotiations fail I too will be looking to join a class action against LAW. perhaps I can go part way with RC owners too on a class action to keep all our cost down. Hopefully in a month or so we will know the outcome of all negotiations. You have to make sure that all negotiations have come to nothing before going down this route, even if it means paying LAW to sort out their own mistakes..daft I know!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:17 am 
Why should he receive payment to sort it out? surely his reputation is worth more to him than a legal complaint against him.
He has been paid for due dilligence and in our opinion has failed to carry this out properly.
We are from Regency Towers, did you buy at DP1 and RC?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:29 pm 

I bought in DP1 only. LAW is wrong all along. Failed due diligence and he claims a historical due diligence he claim to have done year and half before my purchase is sufficient, 2nd he should not be charging to correct his error. But paying £500 at front is better than going down suing him from start as there is a chance he will go out of his way to secure apartment. If he secures apartment then we can go down legal complaints to get any extra cost we incurred to secure the aprtment. The fact is if we do not pay £500 at front he will do nothing and only option for us all is sue LAW straight away and you will not be able to go with HRA as he will claim you are in process of securing aprtment so there is no case to answer. I feel that we have to let negotiations via HRA or LAW should take its course before suing LAW (even if it means paying initial £400 or £500)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:11 pm 
Looking at all the other posts re DP1 & RC etc , it makes for some very interesting reading, does anyone know the name of the company that Andy Harris was a director of, that was shut down in the UK for Fraud?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:16 pm 

sunflower wrote:
Looking at all the other posts re DP1 & RC etc , it makes for some very interesting reading, does anyone know the name of the company that Andy Harris was a director of, that was shut down in the UK for Fraud?
Hi just put ANDREW JOHN HARRIS PHW HURGHADA, IN GOOGLE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:36 pm 
Thanks for that Margaret
There is a lot of information we need to gather together, to sue both Law ltd and AH/FL/PHWW .
As it is common knowledge now that AH lost the court case and we have lost the 14 apartments as they have been awarded back to Waleed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:02 pm 

Hi
I have bought in Regency Continental. I think the only way forward is to sue LAW. Morris is currently working on a proposal whereby all 22 apt owners will pay a sum of about £4000 so that Adley is paid what is due to him. Problem: Adley says that it is much more than that and that AH owes his brother a large sum of RC2. Unless he comes up with all of this money AH, if he comes back to the country will be thrown in prison, not a bad thing !!! So I dont really think he will come back. Our conract states that AH ownes the building and he clearly does not so Morris is liable. Plus, even if we did raise the money there is no guarantee he will do the work - there is a saying fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. I for one am not going to give this thief any more money. !!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:25 am 
Hi
This is surely the same sort of scam as Desert Pearl was, AH claims he has no cash flow, and yet every where we turn he has taken money and not paid his debts, he has fled Hughada, and LAW still want more money to sort this out.
The Fraud Squad are aware of what is going on, as when we contacted them they said they were not interested in intervening at this time, but wanted our details as they may be interested in the future, and they said they have had many calls about the same thing and the same names being mentioned.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:05 pm 
Hi there!
Is any body nows telefone number of First Leisure Investment in Hurghada,who is building REGENCY HEIGHTS ? Ican not find even adress which I have in the Contract of Sale. Andrew Harris was representing them. Or any one telefone number who is in charge here in Hurghada for this development ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:18 pm 
Hi all I am a new member to the forum and haven't got a clue how to use it. I have brought in Regency Towers, I am one of the disputed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:02 pm 
Hi All
I thought there would be alot of talk on here about Regency Towers, but I see there isn't so, it must be because this is new and not many people know about it. Never mind.
I will keep having a look from time to time. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:05 pm 
sunflower wrote:
Some owners are interested in proceeding with a class action against LAW ltd, for starters, anyone interested?

Hi Sunflower, Yes Im interested.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:55 am 
Hi Misty
Are you one of disputed apts at Regency Towers?
If so, will arrange to be in touch soon,nothing happening fast at the moment, but we are all getting prepared.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:47 pm 

Any one who used LAW, what excuse are they giving for failing on due diligence. I used lAW for DP1 purchase and the excuse given was that they carried out a due diligence at the onset of development 1.5 years before I began purchase and all was OK then. LAW charged me £1000 for due diligence and now are trying to tell me that a historical due diligence supposedly carried out year and half before my purchase is sufficient. This is a Joke. I will be interested to know what LAW charged for due diligence on Regency and what his excuse is for complete failure in due diligence. I suppose he cannot say that he relied on a historical due diligence as the development never had planning permission in the 1st place.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:23 pm 

ska123 wrote:
Any one who used LAW, what excuse are they giving for failing on due diligence. I used lAW for DP1 purchase and the excuse given was that they carried out a due diligence at the onset of development 1.5 years before I began purchase and all was OK then. LAW charged me £1000 for due diligence and now are trying to tell me that a historical due diligence supposedly carried out year and half before my purchase is sufficient. This is a Joke. I will be interested to know what LAW charged for due diligence on Regency and what his excuse is for complete failure in due diligence. I suppose he cannot say that he relied on a historical due diligence as the development never had planning permission in the 1st place.

Hi Ska, couldn't agree with you more. Imagine , LAW paying an Egyptian lawer an Egyptian salary to "carry out due diligence", might be even an Egyptian lawyer used by the developer (WWD/PHW) himself. Once this is done , LAW receives from EVERY CLIENT SEPERATLY his fees.
Imagine a (not even independant) Egyptian lawyer being paid 1.000 Egy pound (let's say about 120 sterling) and LAW cashing on all DP1 owners 1.000 Sterling. Very lucrative, isn't it.
Besides that they were the lawyers for Regency Towers, Regency Continental, Regency Crash Pads, Regency Heights , Regency Beach... the whole Regency fiasco as well as all WWD Pearl projects!

Small correction on Regency Towers. The development Regency Towers has a valid planning permission. LAW sold in this project 14 apartments not belonging to the developer !! Tell me where the due diligence has been done because there exists NO DOCUMENT of sale between the owner of the 14 apartments and the developer.

The one you are refering to is Regency Beach , this project didn't even had a building permission.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:34 pm 
sunflower wrote:
Hi Misty
Are you one of disputed apts at Regency Towers?
If so, will arrange to be in touch soon,nothing happening fast at the moment, but we are all getting prepared.

Hi sunflower
Yes I am an owner of one of the disputed. We were also charged £1000 for their services.
It is a big joke!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:47 pm 

A warning to anyone who is thinking of doing business with Ahmed Adly from Hurghada, and owner of the Marlin Hotel/Deep voyage.com diving resort, also in Hurghada.
Appromiately 20 buyers have already purchased apartments in the Regency Continental 1 building in Hurghada. Adly, who is engaged in a dispute with the Developer is refusing to allow the buyers access to their property, and also refusing to give them the deeds. I would advise people to be wary of him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:57 am 

Hi Demmy

Ahmed Adly is not the owner of Marlin Inn Hotel. He and his brother own the diving centrer inside the hotel.
Those who want to know how they look like and their cv\'s here are some links:

http://www.redseadiscovery.com/about/hassan.html
http://www.plaxo.com/directory/profile/ ... Ahmed/Adly

Both are Australian nationals and as you can see Mr. H.Adly is very proud of his military career.

Mr. Ahmed Adly is owner of RC 1
Mr. Hassan Adly owner of RC2

Last year Mr. Ahmed Adly seems to have visited the most important of all European cities BIRMINGHAM ! LOL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:18 am 

Hi,
How odd, Ahmed Adly visiting Birmingham last year- the home town of that highly respected businessman, Andrew Harris.
No doubt, that Adly was visiting his 'former' crooked friend Harris. It seems that is where Adly has learned his business skills- ie, how to cheat people.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:21 pm 

[quote=\"demmy123\"]Hi,
How odd, Ahmed Adly visiting Birmingham last year- the home town of that highly respected businessman, Andrew Harris.[/quote]

LOL LOL

[quote=\"demmy123\"]It seems that is where Adly has learned his business skills- ie, how to cheat people.[/quote]

Adly is doing nothing Higly respected businessman AH did not do.
So it is rather Mr. AH who learned his business from them and what comes around goes around. Mr. AH revoked many apartments on basis of failing the last payment since the investors refused to pay given the fact that Mr. AH did not do what he promised at the time to selling. Investors were unaware of this \"article\" and lost their apartments.
Mr. Adly treated Mr. AH the same way. He failed to pay the last payment on RC1(Ahmed Adly) and seemingly did not pay anything on RC2 (Hassan Adly). Mr. Adly consequently revoked the \"building\".
Giving Mr. AH a piece of his own cake !!

The victims are the investors but technically they have no link with Mr. Adly. It was not Adly that sold the units to the investors but highly respectable businessman Mr. AH !
In fact Mr. AH sold units he DID NOT OWN YET.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:25 pm 

Harris is a total disgrace, but in my opinion Adly is just as bad. He stands to gain everything at the expense of the investors who paid money to Harris. Both should be arrested in my opinion and thrown into prison. Apparently, Adly has promised many of the buyers to their faces, that their apartments are safe with him, but is refusing to allow them entry into the building or give to them the deeds. He will not even negotiate with the buyers in any circumstances, in order to try to resolve this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:00 pm 

Quote:
Harris is a total disgrace, but in my opinion Adly is just as bad. He stands to gain everything at the expense of the investors who paid money to Harris. Both should be arrested in my opinion and thrown into prison. Apparently, Adly has promised many of the buyers to their faces, that their apartments are safe with him, but is refusing to allow them entry into the building or give to them the deeds. He will not even negotiate with the buyers in any circumstances, in order to try to resolve this

Hi Demmy , you are too kind. Harris a total disgrace? That is the understatement of the year ! LOL

Adly stands to gain everything because Harris SOLD PROPERTY in a building which he did not actually OWN yet.
The root of the problem LIES with him. It is Harris the investors have to get their refund from , not Adly.
There are no contracts between Adly and the investors.
Only between Harris and the investors and Adly and Harris.

I understand the frustration and anger of the investors, but in a court of law only the contracts mentioned above will count.
All Regency victims should group together against the root of the problem , Mr. AH and LAW who for a fee did the so called due diligence putting investors at ease, saying all contracts were ok. These contracts mention that Mr. AH either owned the land or the project which is a LIE.

So either LAW has to refund by damage claims either Harris. Running after Mr. Adly makes no legal sense at all.

The investors were CONNED by Mr. AH backed up by LAW (acting in good faith or not) who received a nice fee for not doing their job.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:36 pm 

Does anyone know what Adly was doing in Birmingham last year?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:09 pm 
http://www.sundaymercury.net/news/midla ... -24845060/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:30 pm 

Has anyone raised a Legal complaint against LAW. This will be a start before proceeding with legal action against them. Any one had any independent legal advise of the appalling failure of LAW in due diligence etc.?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:55 am 
The legal complaints service are now aware of the situation with LAW, and we have a lawyer in the uk looking into matters.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:58 am 

sunflower wrote:
The legal complaints service are now aware of the situation with LAW, and we have a lawyer in the uk looking into matters.

hi sunflower
can anybody join this group? as i did pay law 40% for a apartment on pearl vista.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:38 pm 

sunflower wrote:

I read that LAW will contest any private law suits. That means drawing out any settlement on Hurghada properties. Then the company directors would place each case into their Insurance companies hands which I believe have £millions to contest liabilities. So who wins???

I realy think DWS are the best avenue owners should take for a clear resolution, however those who believe their units are safe without joining the DWS campaign please think carefully. True legal ownership starts and finishes with correct legal documentation..... Even then hand-overs are only the beginning, there is the maintainance and management programme.... If these issues are not taken into consideration properties are likely to be run down and worthless in the longer term. Especially if you wish to sell them on.

Alan - Coralife-Style Consultants.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:16 pm 

Sorry I am at a loss to understand this. LAW clearly made error on due diligence if they did not find out at the time of purchase there was possibly a mortgage on land taken out 6 to 9 months before, and this was clearly recorded with land registry. Initially their excuse was it was not registered anywhere and these things in egypt can be done behind closed doors, shake of hands gentleman's agreement etc. Then when DWS report came out with all facts they changed tune and excuse was they only have a requirement to undertake due diligence at the onset of development and there was no mortgage then and due diligence was clear, so there is no need to take do due diligence for each purchase even if it is a year after. This is barmy, they never indicated that they were relying on historical due diligence not to mention they were charging £1500 for legal work, which includes due diligence. These lame excuses were never put down in writing to any one as far as I know, if any one has these in writing from LAW please let me know. To say the insurance company has unlimited money to fight and win where clear mistake has been made is ridiculous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:21 pm 

sunflower please keep us posted on the legal complaints action. I have not raised a legal complaint yet as LAW are still trying to salvage a deal. I will only proceed once we have a outcome on this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:06 pm 
ska123 wrote:
sunflower please keep us posted on the legal complaints action. I have not raised a legal complaint yet as LAW are still trying to salvage a deal. I will only proceed once we have a outcome on this.

I believe LAW are now involved in doing the legals for anyone swapping to Pyramids Beach, didn't they do the initial due diligence on this site whaen it was supposed to be Pearl Vista when WWD was selling it? So he has been involved in Regency, WWD and now ONE-Stop construction, is anyone going to stop him?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:47 pm 

Those who want to pursue negligence against LAW have a look at this forum. There is enough there to get started. http://www.propertyhotspotsworldwide.co ... 4&page=307

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:20 am 

I am not involved in Regency Towers ( my bugbear is Desert Pearl) but I noticed in the Daily Mirror last Thursday or Friday, in the Penn guy who exposes fraudsters, that Andy Harris has been arrested for fraud in the UK for crimes in Turkey for selling timeshares in Gulets (yachts). Now it maybe a different person or his twin but it sure looks like the same person in Egypt!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:28 am 

I have just Googled it Lady Mukk and I think you are right it does look like Andy Harris from the Regency Brand scam in Hurghada, I have pasted the link below

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/lo ... am-4701756

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:17 am 

I knew it was him as soon as I saw the photo, as I had seen him in Egypt and someone introduced him to me. I have printed off this page as my local MP is investigating the Ocean Vista Scam in Spain which involved Sean Woodhall,WWD. I think rather than emails a visit to Stormin' Norman is required!!!!