www.hurghadaresidentsassociation.com

It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Desert Pearl 1 information and advice
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:35 am 
Site Admin

This is the place to discuss information and share advice for Desert Pearl 1

Although on the same development there are different issues and problems associated with each development eg. most investors on DP1 have paid 100% whereas most investors on DP2 have paid 40% so for clarity they have been split into different topics.

Post subject: Re: Desert Pearl 1 information and advice
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:41 am 
Site Admin

by sarahc » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:18 pm

looks like im the first to post!!! I have paid in full for my apartment in March 2008. I am going over next friday and im not allowed to stay there!!!!! Hopefully we can get this all sorted for everyone involved with Desert Pearl 1 xxx

Sarahxx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:42 am 
Site Admin

by easynow » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:28 pm

Good luck Sarah!
I hope you have a successful trip! I want to go in August. Know any cheap places to stay? I thought I had somewhere too but I won't be asking E&R if I can stay in it. My stuff is in there too. Wonder if i can extract it?
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:42 am 
Site Admin

by jwd » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:36 am

I am new to this forum,so hello to all.
Why are you not allowed to stay in your apartment,if you have paid in full.Also who would be there to stop you gaining access.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:43 am 
Site Admin

by Barbie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Hope you are successful. I'm in the same position and would like to go over in August. Please keep us posted.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:43 am 
Site Admin

by simonjwatts1 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi all i have purchased in DP1 also, have paid in full and have the dreaded PM contract problem. Lets all keep fingers crossed. Iam at present via my lawyer taking Elriad to court over the dismissal of our contracts so i will let all know how that turns out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:44 am 
Site Admin

by simonjwatts1 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:58 pm

I am a little concerned that we are all willing to join here put our info on here but have no idea who set it up??? Neil has no idea and i thought he was the HRA
i have emailled Hurghada1 for some details

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:44 am 
Site Admin

by jwd » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:35 am

I totally agree with you on this Simon.We are all caught between the devil and the deep blue sea though.At least through a forum,we can all comunicate on what is happening with our apartments.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:43 am 

Having received an email from Neil i am now here to say thankyou for sating who you are (who set this up) i can now be satisfied that i can divulge information until some slim bag joins and stabs us all in the back again.

hurghad1 wrote:
by jwd » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:35 am

I totally agree with you on this Simon.We are all caught between the devil and the deep blue sea though.At least through a forum,we can all comunicate on what is happening with our apartments.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:19 pm 

Hi all,
We have visited Desert Pearl One three times now in the last year and have found no problem with gaining entry to our apt.
The main reason for this is we changed the locks on our first visit and it is imperative that you all do the same if you are lucky enough to gain access.
We are a British registered company who bought for long term pension investment initially, we have had many encounters we the dreaded ER and UL and have found if you agitate you will get nowhere fast.
We believe that our stance of non committal to whatever they say is the best policy, do not let them bully you into parting with your hard earned cash.
We as a company simply asked them to invoice all costs for maintenance and utility bills to us and requested this also through United lawyers.
We also requested that they produce the maintenance contract in draft form so our lawyers could peruse this legal document to see if everything was legal and binding.
We also suggested that if they produced these legitimate bills,documents and invoices and found them to be reasonable amounts we would be more then happy to pay.

Unfortunately we have still yet to receive any such invoice or contract from them and we have not paid them a penny since we departed in April of this year.

I certainly think they knew we had them by the short and curlies!! as this would have provided solid evidence that the parties who had already paid had been duped with ER being the culprits.

I suggest that you all use the solicitors that have been installed to act on your behalf, this will bring solidarity and strength to our quest for legal ownership.
You can get the information from Neil Hollingsworth's posting ref: Denton solicitors: I strongly suggest you all pay the £100.00 fee to get the report; then we can await the next move from them; as we will be in a really strong position being united as Hurghada Residents Association as opposed to being divided as in the past.

If you are going over for the first time be firm and calm and take all your documents with you and receipts for all bills paid as they will ask you for them before entry is granted.
Also be aware of a wolf in sheep clothing by the name of Adele (Jordie accent) do not trust her for one second; stay clear and speak only to Mohamed Hussain from ER.
I think that is all I can post for now, anything further to offer help wise you will all be the first to know and that is a promise.

Best regards

Steve McGarrigle
Managing Director
McG International Limited

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:16 pm 

:D Thanks Steve McGarrigle for your post about what happened when you went to Hurghada. I feel more hopeful about my apartment.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:58 pm 

hello there- my name is sam and im joining this forum for the first time- im also in the same boat- paid in full march 08- no keys for my DP1 - ive also sent all my docs and £100 to seek some resolution- lets hope this time next year we can all holiday and actually enjoy what weve paid our hard earned cash for!! will be keeping a keen eye on this forum

Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:47 am 

I have been to my apartment several times and had no problems gaining entry.Yes i have payed in full last may 2008.I have had the meeting etc with EL,but did not pay any money out.As someone else said earlier,be calm with EL and UL,play them at their own game.Ask them for proof of utility bills etc.Dont loose your cool with them,as they will always win that battle.Hope this helps a few of you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:42 am 

i have heard that they are selling the dp1 to cash buyers mostly Russian and that they have cancelled all the pm contracts so will there be any apartments to fight over is this true?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:13 am 

hi,

They cannot sell any properties until it goes to court. This is yet again another fright tactic.

I amm going over on Friday so i will put a truthful report of my finding and what i have learned.

Sarahx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:05 pm 

Hi there,
Please do not be intimidated by these people we have had first hand experience on a number of occasions, the way forward is to be friendly; cool calm and collected but above all be firm in your actions and stand steadfast without losing control. If they request money from you and your partner just Simply ask for all bills outstanding to be in document form to prove what they are saying to you is correct.

Ask for genuine utility bills for water and electricity, tell them this will help in making a decision if the amounts are deemed to be fair, offer them a concilatory hand by letting them know you will pay when all these documents are put in front of you once you have had legal advice from your solicitor even if you have not got one.

Be assured we have people out there who will inform us if anything is going on, at the present moment everything is fine at DP1 so do not sink to the rumour mongers who will scare you into making a wrong decision when you go out to hurghada.
Please read my first post and then maybe you will feel more positive about the current situation, remember patience is a virtue stick to it?

Finally we have come this far and having paid 100% to WWD we are not about to give up and walk away, join the many residents who have already paid to have court proceedings laid against ER to stop their criminal activities.

Best regards

Steve McGarrigle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:00 pm 

Hi

Is it even worth me meeting with el riad?? I just want to get into my apartment to get my clothes and bits out!!

Sarahx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:13 pm 

sarahc wrote:
Hi

Is it even worth me meeting with el riad?? I just want to get into my apartment to get my clothes and bits out!!

Sarahx

Hi Sarah, sorry i didnt call you back, give me a call tomorrow if you still need to talk.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:17 pm 

Hi All,

I am waiting for the bank to reply to me with some assurances that they will be dealing with me on trying to remove the mortgage on your apartments and not another party who have turned up trying to do the same as me but take a percentage of the revenue. If they went with this person i am guessing your payments will be higher due to the bank not receiving 100% of the money as they would if i did it. I have told them they will not be receiving any of the information i have until they confirm in writing, if they decide to go with this other person i'm afraid that will be it from me there is nothing else i can do, fingers crossed, i will phone them again tomorrow.

Neil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:59 pm 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
Hi All,

I am waiting for the bank to reply to me with some assurances that they will be dealing with me on trying to remove the mortgage on your apartments and not another party who have turned up trying to do the same as me but take a percentage of the revenue. If they went with this person i am guessing your payments will be higher due to the bank not receiving 100% of the money as they would if i did it. I have told them they will not be receiving any of the information i have until they confirm in writing, if they decide to go with this other person i'm afraid that will be it from me there is nothing else i can do, fingers crossed, i will phone them again tomorrow.

Neil

Hi Neil,
I have just noticed your posting are we in no mans land again; or do you have a positive answer from the banks today?
Give me or Karl a call if you prefer to discuss in private.

Best regards
Steve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 pm 

hi Neil,

Just got your message with all you tomorrow

Sarahxxx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:05 am 

Hi All,

I was just woundering if anyone has tried to reclaim the money they have paid out from Visa? Unfortunatly I didnt pay on my Credit/Debit card I paid from a bank transfer. However if you did pay the money on Debit/Credit card you may be able to claim the whole lot back as it is no supply of goods.

if you were lucky enough to pay on a Visa card ask your bank about Visa ChargeBack. I think now WWD has gone into administration this could be an option.

Wish i would of thought of it back when i paid..... :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:33 am 

Hiya - we have tried this one and if you have bought via an agent you cannot claim unfortunately :(

"There can be problems if the card is accepted by a different business from the one that provided the goods and services. We see this situation most frequently in connection with timeshare and holiday club membership, where it is not unusual for the timeshare or holiday club company to use the credit card facilities of another business. The business accepting the payment may simply be acting as agent for the supplier, in which case section 75 will not apply. In order for section 75 to apply, the business that accepts the payment and the supplier have to be ‘associates’, as defined in the Consumer Credit Act"

scottymac wrote:
Hi All,

I was just woundering if anyone has tried to reclaim the money they have paid out from Visa? Unfortunatly I didnt pay on my Credit/Debit card I paid from a bank transfer. However if you did pay the money on Debit/Credit card you may be able to claim the whole lot back as it is no supply of goods.

if you were lucky enough to pay on a Visa card ask your bank about Visa ChargeBack. I think now WWD has gone into administration this could be an option.

Wish i would of thought of it back when i paid..... :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:48 pm 

Is there any one out there who used PM of LAW (not elaborating for legal reasons) to purchase the apartment ? I have used him from beginning. I started the purchase in june 2008 and paid 100% money via LAW and he categorically said he has carried out "ALL" due diligence. Surely if he had done this why did he not pick up the mortgage registered with land registry in Feb 2008. Initially before the indepent report from HRA and their lawyer came out, PM of LAW tried to say if these rumours are true there would be no way to find out as things like this in Egypt can be done behind closed dooors , shake of the hand, gentleman's agreement etc and will not be on record. Now this report has come out he will not reply to it. He too went out secretly (apparently he was thretened not to go) to Hurghada and did some negotiations at a cost of £££ for each of us. He has yet to report to us on this. Is there any one with legal knowledge who can advise if I have good grounds to sue him for negligence and reclaim all my money that way ?? Is there any one else in my similar situation ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:59 am 

Had a chat with PM LAW. He says he is on the brink of a breakthrough with his negotiations for a group of us. He has negotiated us having to pay 10% more directly to Bank of Abu dhabi (trying to get the figure down less) + admin charges . If it is acceptable the extra can be paid and bank will release so apartment can be registered. The decision of one is not linked to others, so If one accept and pay extra their apartment can be registered for that one but others can refuse and keep fighting. The only worrying thing from a legal perspective is I used him to do due diligence and purchased via him. He failed to pick up mortgage registered with land registry in feb 2008. I purchased in June 2008. I questioned him why it was not picked up. He will not give anything in writing. But his excuse is he did a due diligence at the onset of development back in 2007 and had checked all during the due diligence then, so he is saying there is no requirement for him to check with Land registry again in 2008 when I made purchase. I am not sure if this is a get out clause for him and I will be talking to independent lawyer. I do not know if any one out there know if he is telling truth.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:38 pm 

ska123 wrote:
Had a chat with PM LAW. He says he is on the brink of a breakthrough with his negotiations for a group of us. He has negotiated us having to pay 10% more directly to Bank of Abu dhabi (trying to get the figure down less) + admin charges . If it is acceptable the extra can be paid and bank will release so apartment can be registered. The decision of one is not linked to others, so If one accept and pay extra their apartment can be registered for that one but others can refuse and keep fighting. The only worrying thing from a legal perspective is I used him to do due diligence and purchased via him. He failed to pick up mortgage registered with land registry in feb 2008. I purchased in June 2008. I questioned him why it was not picked up. He will not give anything in writing. But his excuse is he did a due diligence at the onset of development back in 2007 and had checked all during the due diligence then, so he is saying there is no requirement for him to check with Land registry again in 2008 when I made purchase. I am not sure if this is a get out clause for him and I will be talking to independent lawyer. I do not know if any one out there know if he is telling truth.

This sounds like something that Neil was talking about from Rivermead - Neil is also trying to negotiate with the bank of Abu Dhabi, however through this he has learned that someone else is trying to do the same thing but to make a profit for themselves!! Neil quite rightly has said that if anyone else is successful in doing this then he will have to walk away as there is nothing left for him to do.

I personally feel that it should be Neil doing this - we all trust him and know that he isn't going to be scamming us for his own profit and interest!!. Neil has worked tirelessy for us for the past 6 months and we could do without another 'party' trying to squeeze more money from us.

If we all stick through dealing with Neil, then the only outcome would be for Neil to continue negotiating with the bank - This PM LAW is unknown to us, and you have already stated that the due dilligence he carried out did not bring up a number of things (including the mortgage on the land!) I feel we need to agree as an association that we will only deal through Neil, that way this PM LAW person will have no customers to neogiate on behalf of and therefore no money in their back pocket!!!

Only my opinion of course - everyone is entitled to go down whichever route they feel is best for them, but am just stating that this does seem like they are 'in it for themselves'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:58 pm 

Neil Hollingsworth has been acting on our companies behalf since September 2007,I have found him to be very reliable and trustworthy with all business transactions he has performed for us.
He has been a champion too all regardless of dealing with him or not, i personally feel that if we stand together as a residents group and back Neil @(rivermead)and DWS as our champions we will certainly have a better chance then most.
Do not forget that WWD got us into this mess; so it goes without saying the the best people to look after our interests are already at hand and they will continue; if allowed to battle until the fight is won.

Best Regards
Steve McGarrigle
McG International Limited :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

I totally agree with the above comments.

We all need to stick together on this and only go forward as a group, we do not want a 3rd party taking over our interests as they are already in hand, I believe that any attempt by a 3rd party to take over what we have acheived as a group so far must be rejected. And the bank needs to know that we will only go forward with Neil and DWS acting on our behalf.

There are enough of us here in the HRA group that the bank have to take us seriously.

hurghad1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:48 pm 

I am with Neil all the way. Unlike most of the DP1 out there I purchased via this UK solicitor PM LAW and 100% of my payments went via him so in effect he has the proofs of all my payments to WWD so I cannot let him go yet. I have told Neil that he has let me down on due diligence but as I do not want him to hold my proof of payments to ransom I am going along with him for now, as well as Neil who I trust 100%. I am 100% with Neil but unfortunately without this PM LAW I have no proof of any payments. I believe Neil is working in cooperation with this PM LAW to some extent. See his latest mail towards the end. I really have no confidence in PM LAW as he is trying to tell me that the due diligence he carried out at the onset of development back in 2007 is sufficient for my purchase in Mid 2008 as he clearly charged me around £1000 for due diligence. His excuse that a historical search/ diligence of land registry is sufficient for me to enter into a new contract in 2008 is lame. Neil is aware of my situation and has no issues. I will take a parallel path with both parties as far as I can go.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:16 am 

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/Hotels/ ... 7942&aid=1

THIS IS YOUR APARTMENTS BEING ADVERTISED ON TRAVEL REPUBLIC..... AS THE DESERT PEARL HOTEL..!!

I contacted them, spoke to a manager and informed them of the situation we are experiencing, he very kindly gave me the details of the company who passed this holiday info to them . They are called Hotel beds .com
Contacted their sales manager by email..... a Mr Carlos Feliu who is based in Majorca Spain.
Have explained in the email pretty much as to what is going on. Hopefully he will get back to me with some kind of reply...
Can it get any worse !!... yes it can... if its not the purchasers themselves who have arranged it. !!!

If you have access to other forums can you post the above info for me
BW :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:17 pm 

The travelrepublic link doesn't work now but I found this too http://www.gtahotels.com/hotels/desert_ ... rghada.htm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:47 pm 

does anyone have the contact info and names for pm law

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:55 pm 

My vote is with Neil all the way- he is the only person i trust in this total mess!!!
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:35 pm 

not sure this for real off another fourum

El Riad does not know any purchaser. Any person who has POA from Sean Woodhall this POA is not working anymore as Sean is not the chairman of WWD Egypt anymore same as the other manager - Jason Morgen, they are not officials of WWD Egypt any longer. At the present moment the Egyptian government is looking for the owner or the manager of the company because of the tax debt not paid since three years untill now to the government.

Peter Morris was recently released by Hurghada court as it didn’t find him guilty and signature on the contracts under question was not his. After this event El Riad has come up with decision that they would not accept any purchaser with WWD Egypt, wether signed by Peter Morris or someone else.

We, El Riad like purchasers are also an investor. Rawan company took loan from ABudhabi Bank. The information regarding the loan was well known to Sean Woodhall and Jason Morgan who at that time both were officials of WWD Egypt, and it was their responsibility to inform the client about the situation.

El Riad company has encountered new problem :One appartment in DP1 was sold to 3-4 purchesers who are now trying to prove who is entitled to the ownership of the appartment.

El Riad has not recieved their money untill now and has opened court case against WWD Egypt for the cancellation of the contract. It wil take a while as there will be investigation but El Riad’s ground is for nonpayment.

El Riad would not want purchaser to lose their investment but if you don’t care as you only want your apartment then we wouldn’t care also if you lose. Let the court decide for us.

As of the moment, the apartment neither can be sold by El Riad nor purchaser until the case is finished or until the court gives its judgement. It would take time in court and when judgement turns out to be in our favor then you will without doubt lose your apartment. The case is now in progress therefore any person, agent or company who tries and make promises getting your apartment from El Riad it will be a mistake.

El Riad company made police report today against anyone who might try to enter into project using any illegal way and El Riad has proved that all projects are under thair controle. El Riad is worning any clients who will try to trespass apartments without courts judgement that a police report will be filled immediately and they wil be held liable according to Art. 370 of Egyptian Penal Code.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:01 pm 

I take it they are not accepting the offer then!!! If this is true the only way forward will be a legal one and no doubt as owners with property in the apartments and proof ofpayment to WWD you will need to lodge your own police reports to say you are beiing stopped from entering your property. I am absolutley dumbfounded as to the sheer pig-headiness of some people. I will have to speak to DWS and see what this all means in "English" under Egyptian Law. However i am not sure the banks will be aware of this and as they have a big stake in the development they may be able to apply pressure!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:52 pm 

Can the document dated 7 February 2008 and stamped from El-Riad, stating that WWD have full exclusive rights to sell Desert Pearl etc mean anything? I cannot believe this company's attitude.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:32 am 

CELF wrote:
http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/Hotels/Egypt/Hurghada/Hurghada/Desert_Pearl.html?mkid=41227942&aid=1

THIS IS YOUR APARTMENTS BEING ADVERTISED ON TRAVEL REPUBLIC..... AS THE DESERT PEARL HOTEL..!!

I contacted them, spoke to a manager and informed them of the situation we are experiencing, he very kindly gave me the details of the company who passed this holiday info to them . They are called Hotel beds .com
Contacted their sales manager by email..... a Mr Carlos Feliu who is based in Majorca Spain.
Have explained in the email pretty much as to what is going on. Hopefully he will get back to me with some kind of reply...
Can it get any worse !!... yes it can... if its not the purchasers themselves who have arranged it. !!!

I think you will find that all the advertising online has been done by Well Placed Apartments, they are the official rental agency for Desert Pearl, as there are a group of owners who have sorted things direct with El Riad, and El Riad are happy for them to be renting out, so why shouldn't they, I am advised that rentals are going well for those people, and that Desert Pearl is busy, don't knock Well Placed for advertising, and for just doing the job they were there to do in the first place, albeit with a vastly reduced inventory of apartments, which is not their fault either. I am sure if you contact them they will confirm any advertising you see on the website is down to the hard work they put in before any of this kicked off.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:19 pm 

they say
El Riad would not want purchaser to lose their investment but if you don’t care as you only want your apartment then we wouldn’t care also if you lose. Let the court decide for us.

not sure what they are trying to say here are they looking for a compromise or do they just want to get the court ruling so they can take our money

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:29 pm 

also we have to see if this real and surley they would have repiled to the official email from neil not posting on forums

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:40 pm 

honeysuckle32 wrote:
CELF wrote:
http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/Hotels/Egypt/Hurghada/Hurghada/Desert_Pearl.html?mkid=41227942&aid=1

I think you will find that all the advertising online has been done by Well Placed Apartments, they are the official rental agency for Desert Pearl, as there are a group of owners who have sorted things direct with El Riad, and El Riad are happy for them to be renting out, so why shouldn't they, I am advised that rentals are going well for those people, and that Desert Pearl is busy, don't knock Well Placed for advertising, and for just doing the job they were there to do in the first place, albeit with a vastly reduced inventory of apartments, which is not their fault either. I am sure if you contact them they will confirm any advertising you see on the website is down to the hard work they put in before any of this kicked off.

I was not trying to knock anyone, just stating a fact that DP1 was being advertised as a hotel with 220 apartments, perhaps the advert should say apartments for rent in a private development.... I was concerned that an involved party was advertising something that wasn't true. I thought only of the purchasers on the development ... thats all... and if the purchasers who have apartments to rent out want to then good luck to them. Is this still the case after yesterdays statement from El-Riad ??
I

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:57 pm 
hurghad1 wrote:
by simonjwatts1 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi all i have purchased in DP1 also, have paid in full and have the dreaded PM contract problem. Lets all keep fingers crossed. Iam at present via my lawyer taking Elriad to court over the dismissal of our contracts so i will let all know how that turns out.

Hi

I am an Irish purchaser on DP1 with the PM contract problem. I paid the 100% and bought the DD package to be included in the rental pool. My solicitor is not very helpful at all. Do you mind if I ask you who your legal representative are? I have Legal Alliance Worldwide and they seem to have a problem with establishing if WWD UK and WWD Egypt are seperate companies and if so how owns the land.

Regards
Dublin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:08 pm 
Hi All

I have no conection to Neil other then the relationship we formed over the last few months and I trust him to negotiate for me. So I am possing this question can all how are in favour of moving forward with Neil as our representative in these negotiations please reply with with:

"We wish to have Neil represent us" say yes or no

Lets sort this out once and for all

My answer is " Yes I wish to have Neil represent us"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

There is already a poll asking this question, 2nd one down under announcements

Regards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:23 pm 

If any one else used LAW and began their purchase after feb 2008 like I did, I would like to hear as we can sue them for failing on due diligence. If we do a joint action against LAW we can all reduce our costs. I beggan in June 2008 and LAW are trying to tell me they did a due diligence including Land registry chaeck back in 2007 and that they are within their rights to use this historical due diligence a year later when I paid him £1000 for a completely new due diligence. The only quick way for any one else is for all of us to get together and sue for negligence. By doing a joint action we can reduce costs. I spoke to DWS and they did say that the excuse they relied on a historical due diligence is very poor. There will be difficulties though...where do we sue him ? In UK or Egypt etc ? but we will worry about it later, we must 1st get together and see how many of us, rough cost etc. Also we can go down legal complints route also. I would suggest that we wait to see what these negotiations etc will bring before we do anything as LAW will instantly drop anything for us as soon as we launch any kind of action..BUT how long can we wait? I will give another 2 months and then kiss goodbye to my apartment and try to recover my payments by suing LAW.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:02 pm 

I have had one reply back and this is from the Corporate Banking Area Manager, it doesnt sound to me as though the mortgages has been paying off looking at the last paragraph.

Dear Sir,,,

As we discussed before, NBAD on several occasions explained to various parties involved that we are willing to go through with this proposal i.e. that the difference in funds (60%) to be deposited with NBAD and accordingly the partial release of mortgage of the individual units. This agreement will be subject to the following:

The amount of units release to be proportional to the settlement of the loan outstanding. From what I understood the amount currently available represents only GBP 206K i.e. app. LE 1.8M which does not even cover 10% of our loan. Further I understood from Dr. Alia that the 60% to be financed are in the range of LE 8.0M i.e app. GBP 880K. So we need to further clarify the amount.
All legal documents have to be in order
NBAD will not be responsible for the unit deliveries however the contracts to be signed between all parties has to bind El Riad and Rawan Co. to delivery the settled units

If you already have any a legal form for the contract in mind, you can send it to us for our review.

Please be further advised that if the money is not paid directly to the bank and is paid to El Riad Co. there is no chance that we will release the outstanding mortgage over the units.

Regards,,,

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:55 pm 

Going off the above response i would guess the bank don't know anything about the apartments being handed to the courts becuase if they have then no-one will be handing over any money. Unless ER have £3m to pay the mortgage back where is the money going to come from if people stand together and dont go over and pay? It also shows we have only a fraction of owners within the group and need to contact ALL of them to have the power of the group enhanced, pass on to everyone to come forward and lets get some pressure applied.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:57 pm 

davey wrote:
not sure this for real off another fourum

El Riad does not know any purchaser. Any person who has POA from Sean Woodhall this POA is not working anymore as Sean is not the chairman of WWD Egypt anymore same as the other manager - Jason Morgen, they are not officials of WWD Egypt any longer. At the present moment the Egyptian government is looking for the owner or the manager of the company because of the tax debt not paid since three years untill now to the government.

Peter Morris was recently released by Hurghada court as it didn’t find him guilty and signature on the contracts under question was not his. After this event El Riad has come up with decision that they would not accept any purchaser with WWD Egypt, wether signed by Peter Morris or someone else.

We, El Riad like purchasers are also an investor. Rawan company took loan from ABudhabi Bank. The information regarding the loan was well known to Sean Woodhall and Jason Morgan who at that time both were officials of WWD Egypt, and it was their responsibility to inform the client about the situation.

El Riad company has encountered new problem :One appartment in DP1 was sold to 3-4 purchesers who are now trying to prove who is entitled to the ownership of the appartment.

El Riad has not recieved their money untill now and has opened court case against WWD Egypt for the cancellation of the contract. It wil take a while as there will be investigation but El Riad’s ground is for nonpayment.

As of the moment, the apartment neither can be sold by El Riad nor purchaser until the case is finished or until the court gives its judgement. It would take time in court and when judgement turns out to be in our favor then you will without doubt lose your apartment. The case is now in progress therefore any person, agent or company who tries and make promises getting your apartment from El Riad it will be a mistake.

El Riad company made police report today against anyone who might try to enter into project using any illegal way and El Riad has proved that all projects are under thair controle. El Riad is worning any clients who will try to trespass apartments without courts judgement that a police report will be filled immediately and they wil be held liable according to Art. 370 of Egyptian Penal Code.

So all apartments are being handed over to the courts, what about all this extra money that has been paid direct to ER and the owners told their apartments are safe, are they now saying these are no longer safe and all they wanted was to scam more money?????????

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:47 pm 

its a fact that elraid where building dp1 for £250 sq meter wwd sold for 500 so my working out please check they would have had about 5mill they say there 2 mill down so with whats to be paid how much are they still owed?

on dp2 they had a mnthly payment for that so whats built is paid for by taking 60% of this over 300 apartments at £500 per sq meter all sold just new contracts they will claw back all they have lost and more.

so if they want to take it all back its only greed and surley any court who has all the facts would like to see justice done and the reputation of egypt and the tourist is at stake here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:50 pm 

davey wrote:
its a fact that elraid where building dp1 for £250 sq meter wwd sold for 500 so my working out please check they would have had about 5mill they say there 2 mill down so with whats to be paid how much are they still owed?

on dp2 they had a mnthly payment for that so whats built is paid for by taking 60% of this over 300 apartments at £500 per sq meter all sold just new contracts they will claw back all they have lost and more.

so if they want to take it all back its only greed and surley any court who has all the facts would like to see justice done and the reputation of egypt and the tourist is at stake here.

My thoughts exactly davey but what i need to find out is HOW does the Egyptian law process work and do we need to instruct solicitors to submit evidence from the buyers or do we have to wait for a court case, anyone know how the Egyptian courts work?

At the moment i am learing all this as i go along!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:17 pm 

is there no solictor you can trust who knows the law inside out has most of the facts ask for more if needed just to give advice on the main issues to be able to put in a counter claim to stall the outcome let elraid know what you intend to do
cause even elraid would not want this to go on for years
but first you need to confirm from elraid they are doing this then you would have 500 people on your side