www.hurghadaresidentsassociation.com

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Desert Pearl 1 information and advice
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:42 pm 

buddy wrote:
Hi Im new to the forum I was just wondering if there is any news on DP1 because I have just seen a studio apartment up for sale for $30000 online, how can this be? Also does anybody know when the loan on the land was taken out by ER or E Rawan and should this have been picked up in the Due Diligence?

Thanks

buddy

do you own a property on dp1 ? if you don't my advice is join the main group .

p.s give yourself a chance.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:25 am 

HI BUDDY,

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT BUY ON DESERT PEARL, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY, AND 30,000 IS EXPENSIVE FOR A STUDIO THERE, ITS A LOT OF MONEY TO LOSE WHICH YOU WILL IF YOU BUY THERE.I BROUGHT A 1 BED DELUXE FOR 29,000, AND AM NOW GOING THROUGH HELL TO GET MY MONEY BACK AS EL RIAD ARE MOVING PEOPLE FROM THERE TO A DIFFERENT DEVELOPMENTS AS THEY HAVE ALREADY DOUBLE-SOLD DESERT PEARL. THEY HAVE A MASSIVE MORTGAGE ON THE SITE WHICH WAS TAKEN OUT AFTER ALL THE DUE DILIGENCE WAS TAKEN OUT WHEN MOST OF THE APARTMENTS WERE SOLD. THEY HAVE SINCE DOUBLE-SOLD MOST OF THE APARTMENTS AGAIN TO RUSSIANS AND EGYPTIANS. THIS PLACE IS SUCH A MESS I WOULDN'T TOUCH IT WITH A BARGE POLE, IF YOU WANT TO BUY IN EGYPT LOOK AT SAHL HASHEESH, ITS MORE EXPENSIVE BUT YOU HAVE MORE SECURITY AND THERE ARE SOME GOOD DEALS SUCH AS SUNSET PEARL WITH PYRAMISA, AND MORE DEVELOPMENTS WHICH ARE TOP OF THE RANGE. ALSO ITS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PLACE SO MUCH NICER THAN HURGHADA WHERE A LOT OF THE DEVELOPMENTS HAVE PROBLEMS.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:22 am 

Hi LADYMUKK

Many thanks for your message that is awful. Why is El Riad not getting prosecuted for fraud, surely Egypt isn't that much of a backward country to be able to get away with this. I hope you get things sorted soon. Are you with a solicitor sorting this out?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:41 pm 

HI BUDDY

I HAVE GOT A SOLICITOR SORTING THIS OUT FOR ME BUT THE EGYPTIAN JUSTICE SYSTEM MOVES QUITE SLOWLY!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:07 pm 

please could you inform me on what solictior you are using to get your money back ,,as iam thinking of going down this route ,has anyone managed to get thier money back?????

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:21 pm 

MY SOLICITOR IS SHEIK AHMAD ABDEL SABOOR MOHAMED, 51 SHERATON STREET HURGHADA, HIS NO IS 0102445360, MOBILE 0653451284. HE IS VERY REASONABLE, HIS ENGLISH IS OK BUT HIS ASSISTANT SPEAKS VERY GOOD ENGLISH.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:37 pm 

My apartment has been broken into, and i am fighting for it myself, even though i have paid into the HRA. 2 yrs of talking and we are still waiting.....i have had enough of waiting, i have been to Egypt twice this year already, fighting my own corner, its time you all did the same, before its to late, do not surrender your contracts for new ones at Pyramids, if they are worth nothing why do you have to cancell them, ask yourself that question. Also dont put your trust in someone else...how do you know they have not been corrupted. The only person who can fight for youer apartment is you, not a residents association, you are not residents, your apartments have been stolen. You need to make a police report in Hurghada and then get yourself a good lawyer. If anyone would like any further info please PM me, there are to many busy bodies on here to give out certain info. Come on its time to fight back, talking and waiting time is over, what have you actually gained in the last 1- 2 yrs of waiting ????

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:20 pm 

jwd wrote:
My apartment has been broken into, and i am fighting for it myself, even though i have paid into the HRA. 2 yrs of talking and we are still waiting.....i have had enough of waiting, i have been to Egypt twice this year already, fighting my own corner, its time you all did the same, before its to late, do not surrender your contracts for new ones at Pyramids, if they are worth nothing why do you have to cancell them, ask yourself that question. Also dont put your trust in someone else...how do you know they have not been corrupted. The only person who can fight for youer apartment is you, not a residents association, you are not residents, your apartments have been stolen. You need to make a police report in Hurghada and then get yourself a good lawyer. If anyone would like any further info please PM me, there are to many busy bodies on here to give out certain info. Come on its time to fight back, talking and waiting time is over, what have you actually gained in the last 1- 2 yrs of waiting ????

good luck mate- but don't preach to us people , i spent 11 weeks in dp1 just trying to get leaks in pipes etc surted. get your self to egypt and fight them friend , because it will cost you more than your apartment cost by the time your finished. why should i go to the courts ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:19 am 
I phoned today to LAW to ask them what is a current situation and where I'm standing now. They said that PM went to Egypt a few weeks ago but didn't meet El-Riad and I shall wait up to 4-6 weeks to get any new info . This is absolutely ridiculous......

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 pm 

This guy Morris of LAW is messing everyone around. Did you use him from beginning for purchase, if so there are grounds to sue him for negligence as he failed the Due diligence. If any one used LAW for their purchase please PM me as we can jointly sue him to reduce all our costs. You will get a good idea of morris if you follow this link. http://www.propertyhotspotsworldwide.com/showthread.php?t=4&page=307 By the way Morris has been featured in Solicitors from Hell website...DO NOT PAY HIM ANY MORE MONEY. He was a mate of Andrew Harris and Sean Woodhall and quite possibly in on the scam..Be WARNED!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:48 am 
Yes I did use him from the beginning,of course, I was advised by WWD.
What the crook he is....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:37 pm 

By the way did you check the link I send which gives a fairly good idea of what type of person morris is
http://www.propertyhotspotsworldwide.com/showthread.php?t=4&page=351

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:06 pm 

When did you instruct morris on DP1? Please ask to see the Due diligence without delay with all dates etc.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:23 pm 

Hi Everyone this is my 1st post i have bought an aprt in DP1(40% dep only thank god) we went out in 2007 and showed round but have been fighting and spending money but have got nothing back ...Just spoken to a local counciller as last resort and see if he could give any swing or power...Still waiting..
When and Where is this meeting being held in manchester that i have heard of as i will pay for my solicitor to come along to hear the details and contacts to see if i can get other money back or move on with the purchase .....

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:49 pm 

Angela's meeting is at 6pm on 55 Spring Gardens in Manchester on 13th May

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:25 pm 

Could anyone tell me where the meeting is on the 13th May, address and postcode and time
Thanks Steve Varden

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:28 pm 

stevevarden wrote:
Could anyone tell me where the meeting is on the 13th May, address and postcode and time
Thanks Steve Varden

J L T
55 SPRING GARDENS MANCHESTER M2 2BY 6PM

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:14 am 

Hello Neil,
Our appartment is DP! E202. We paid 100 per cent ,plus air cond and utilities and maint.It was described as a lux appartment and fully furnished by delise with many extras.
We are willing to swap to P Beach or whatever is available if it is MMia.Dont really know the locations ,but will trust in you to find something which will work better than the old deal.
Thank you again for doing all of this for us ,and if we ever get an appartment in Egypt, we owe you a favour ,a big one ,maybe a commission.
Thanks
Nuala And Tom Dietrich

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:22 am 

Did anyone see the Homes from Hell TV show.They are asking for new stories to investigate, please send your story to this email address
mailto:lyndsey.weatherall@itv.com
Lyndsey is a press contact for holiday homes from hell.

A few have already started the ball rolling, and they seem interested, you have nothing to lose on this one. Please take just 10 minutes of your time to do this. Every email sent will help.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:27 pm 

Apparently Peter Morris and Co are also selling developments in Brazil now. Is it not coincidence Sean was also involved in Brazilian venture. Not only that he has offices in Malaga. Is it not Spain where all our money was siphoned off to by WWD. What game is Peter Morris playing now??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:23 am 

I thik we should get together and take E* **ad to court. They have taken our property and are renting and selling them. If we take them down we can get our appartments back. We must try one more time but without the people who have been compromised. :twisted: :( :o

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:31 pm 

Hello Easynow,

I am afraid that El Riad have already been taken to court buy a purchaser and the court found in El Riad's favour, so I would implore you not to waste further monies in any action that suggests that you do this.

El Eiad have proven that they too have lost money, as monies that we paid to WWD were never paid to El Riad - whilst some of their actions have been questionable - they too have lost a great deal of money.

The HRA have found that working with El Riad, we have been able to find a solution that benefits all concerned and we would be happy to discuss this with you, if you are unaware of our progress to date.

Several of our members who were on DP1 and were using their apartments or successfully renting them have decided to walk away from DP1 and the misery caused there and swapped to Pyramids Beach Resort.

No one in the HRA has been compromised into any decision - our law firm is highly reputable.

Good luck with whatever course of action you decide.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:55 pm 

ang3367 wrote:
Hello Easynow,

I am afraid that El Riad have already been taken to court buy a purchaser and the court found in El Riad's favour, so I would implore you not to waste further monies in any action that suggests that you do this.

El Eiad have proven that they too have lost money, as monies that we paid to WWD were never paid to El Riad - whilst some of their actions have been questionable - they too have lost a great deal of money.

The HRA have found that working with El Riad, we have been able to find a solution that benefits all concerned and we would be happy to discuss this with you, if you are unaware of our progress to date.

Several of our members who were on DP1 and were using their apartments or successfully renting them have decided to walk away from DP1 and the misery caused there and swapped to Pyramids Beach Resort.

No one in the HRA has been compromised into any decision - our law firm is highly reputable.

Hello ang3367,

I'm all ears!

I have only heard about one case which was handled by a compromised Hurghada solicitor. I have seen no evidence of any court decision. Have you? If so, I would love to see it.

Unfortunately I only paid £100 to HRA so I am not privy to what's been going on behind closed doors. I must say it's not very nice to be "out in the cold" just because I paid another solicitor to "act" for me". That cost another £500 and I couldn't afford two class actions. He has got nowhere despite his efforts, culpable or not, he has tried his best I think. El Riad just would not sign eith B of AD etc.

I still can't trust ER and I still believe they are responsible for the deteriation in relations with the dreaded WWD (World Wide Disasters as I call them). If it was someone building your house, would you pay them the final amount if they hadn't finished? I was there for 5 weeks showing inept tradesemen their jobs. WWD were totally p***ed, of with them and the terrible quality of work. In all that time there was the spectre of El R**an not giving up the freehold papers. I wonder why? Perhapse they didn't own it after all. That was in August 2008. I know the mortgage was in place feb 2008. That was a massive breech of contract!

Look at their record with other agents since then. They have taken over everywhere and are not doing their jobs, i.e building, They have not honoured contracts and claim they never recieved the money. I am sure you all watch the developments wrt Hurghada Village etc. What makes you all believe they will build Pyramids? They will disappear like WWD. Who will you chase then? And who will rent your appartments 12 kilometres from Hurghada? I know I wouldn't.

As for my action. I dont probably can't afford it. I was just hoping others might be interested in felling Golliath.

Regards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:53 pm 

The HRA have not kept anything behind closed doors other than the legal details with our law firm - our proposed way forward was posted on the forum on many occassions, with an invite for any non-members to say that this was an open invite for all to join.

I also e-mailed a list that I got hold of when another group e-mailed their purchasers to ask for over £500 to join their cause in case some people had never heard to the HRA. (This group has recently approached their members again to ask for more money for their cause!)

We also held a meeting in Manchester as some people wanted to meet face to face to discuss the situation - this was a very positive session.

El Riad need the HRA as much as we need them and this relationship seems to be going ok - so much so that they are pressing our lawyers to move things along now. I am not here to support them but other agents have also not paid El Riad monies owed!

Our way forward will ensure that any remaining monies are only paid to El Riad at certain build stages / quality - as indeed it should be the case.

Each individual has to make up their own mind what is right for them - we are not here to coerce anyone into joining our cause, we have never been about that. What the HRA is about, is. We are the buyers who have lost money and our power as a collective is greater than any of us as individuals.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:49 am 

Our plight with these crooks was mentioned in the House Of Commons last week. Also it was not thrown out, and given a recommendation to be taken further.
:shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:14 am 

easynow wrote:
ang3367 wrote:
Hello Easynow,

Hello ang3367,

I'm all ears!

I have only heard about one case which was handled by a compromised Hurghada solicitor. I have seen no evidence of any court decision. Have you? If so, I would love to see it.

Unfortunately I only paid £100 to HRA so I am not privy to what's been going on behind closed doors. I must say it's not very nice to be "out in the cold" just because I paid another solicitor to "act" for me". That cost another £500 and I couldn't afford two class actions. He has got nowhere despite his efforts, culpable or not, he has tried his best I think. El Riad just would not sign eith B of AD etc.

I still can't trust ER and I still believe they are responsible for the deteriation in relations with the dreaded WWD (World Wide Disasters as I call them). If it was someone building your house, would you pay them the final amount if they hadn't finished? I was there for 5 weeks showing inept tradesemen their jobs. WWD were totally p***ed, of with them and the terrible quality of work. In all that time there was the spectre of El R**an not giving up the freehold papers. I wonder why? Perhapse they didn't own it after all. That was in August 2008. I know the mortgage was in place feb 2008. That was a massive breech of contract!

Look at their record with other agents since then. They have taken over everywhere and are not doing their jobs, i.e building, They have not honoured contracts and claim they never recieved the money. I am sure you all watch the developments wrt Hurghada Village etc. What makes you all believe they will build Pyramids? They will disappear like WWD. Who will you chase then? And who will rent your appartments 12 kilometres from Hurghada? I know I wouldn't.

As for my action. I dont probably can't afford it. I was just hoping others might be interested in felling Golliath.

Regards

I hear that a court case has just been won in Hurghada and Quena. What goes around comes around. haha. David and Golliath .....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:02 pm 

jwd wrote:
easynow wrote:
ang3367 wrote:
Hello Easynow,

Hello ang3367,

I'm all ears!

Regards

I hear that a court case has just been won in Hurghada and Quena. What goes around comes around. haha. David and Golliath .....

Hi James, great news but can I just clarify as it is very important. Have you used your contract through the courts or are you going on the technicality of having stayed in it, obviously this is VERY important before all other investors follow. If it is the technicality of staying in it and not the actual purchase contract then it won't work for the majority, please update ASAP, before others make a mistake, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:48 pm 

Hi Neil

It has been confirmed from a reliable source in Hurghada, that the case was won on the technicality, that he had at some point lived in the apartment and could prove it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:23 pm 

Can I please mention, anyone involved with the admin side of the HRA can't tell you or advise you what to do and which route to follow. You are all aware of what the HRA are doing and that's not changing for the one or two who are thinking that jwd may have another option for you please contact him direct for more information.

It is then your decision what to do as it has been from the start,but please don't start asking us what you should do, it's not our decision to make, thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:48 pm 
Dear All

After careful consideration over the past weeks and months I have not being able to get away from the facts that ER are just trying to extract as much money from investors in any underhanded way possible with no real sight that we will ever get a property legal or not legal. I have decided that I am not going to continue giving ER any more of my hard earned money.

I think I have explained all the reasons (FACTS) why I have come to this decision and if you wish to see them please follow these links:

http://www.propertycommunity.com/forum/ ... ad-26.html

http://www.webworldproperty.com/forum_p ... 1406&PN=72

The main fact is, ER is a repeat offender in taking money and not delivering properties so WHY are they going to change now? All that I can see happening is that we all end up paying more and more money to them and eventually we will end up without a property. Out of the many 100’s of investors, WHO has?

So I have taken the decision to move to another development as there is a local, reputable builder that is building a similar development in the same area which has ACTUALLY got workers on, has ACTUALLY got planning permission, will be completed this year and the builder has agreed to accept only the 60% that I would have paid ER as full payment on one of his properties, so this really was not a hard decision to make. I will have a property nearly identical to my original one “PURCHASED” or “NOT” from ER for my remaining money. I will have a contract direct with the builder, stage payments over the completion on a development set at build stages and that has got full due diligence. The biggest incentive though is that I am out of the ER trap.

On another note for all the o**c investors as this is a PB thread, the builder I have spoke to informed me that they have an agreement in place with o**c that any of their clients who wish to transfer to his development can do so at no extra cost, all they would have to pay is their original outstanding monies owed. This however does come with a provision, ER would have to pay any monies paid by o**c direct to the new builder, which should not be a problem as ER have defiantly not spent the money on “PB” but I suppose anything can be worked out.

Anyway I thought I would let you all know what I have found out and If after reading what has been said now and on my prior posts and want to take the same decision I have then PM me for more information or the builders direct contact details then I will be more than happy to help anyone get away from the ER trap.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 am 

gcole60 wrote:
Dear All

After careful consideration over the past weeks and months I have not being able to get away from the facts that ER are just trying to extract as much money from investors in any underhanded way possible with no real sight that we will ever get a property legal or not legal. I have decided that I am not going to continue giving ER any more of my hard earned money.

I think I have explained all the reasons (FACTS) why I have come to this decision and if you wish to see them please follow these links:

The main fact is, ER is a repeat offender in taking money and not delivering properties so WHY are they going to change now? All that I can see happening is that we all end up paying more and more money to them and eventually we will end up without a property. Out of the many 100’s of investors, WHO has?

So I have taken the decision to move to another development as there is a local, reputable builder that is building a similar development in the same area which has ACTUALLY got workers on, has ACTUALLY got planning permission, will be completed this year and the builder has agreed to accept only the 60% that I would have paid ER as full payment on one of his properties, so this really was not a hard decision to make. I will have a property nearly identical to my original one “PURCHASED” or “NOT” from ER for my remaining money. I will have a contract direct with the builder, stage payments over the completion on a development set at build stages and that has got full due diligence. The biggest incentive though is that I am out of the ER trap.

On another note for all the o**c investors as this is a PB thread, the builder I have spoke to informed me that they have an agreement in place with o**c that any of their clients who wish to transfer to his development can do so at no extra cost, all they would have to pay is their original outstanding monies owed. This however does come with a provision, ER would have to pay any monies paid by o**c direct to the new builder, which should not be a problem as ER have defiantly not spent the money on “PB” but I suppose anything can be worked out.

Anyway I thought I would let you all know what I have found out and If after reading what has been said now and on my prior posts and want to take the same decision I have then PM me for more information or the builders direct contact details then I will be more than happy to help anyone get away from the ER trap.

I find it quite interesting that you are trying to get El Riad to pay money back to a company that no longer exists and the directors are in fact under investigation for large scale fraud by the UK police, plus as mentioned by another investor the due diligence was carried out by Philip Morris, can you explain these actions?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:09 am 
RivermeadGlobal wrote:
gcole60 wrote:
Dear All

I find it quite interesting that you are trying to get El Riad to pay money back to a company that no longer exists and the directors are in fact under investigation for large scale fraud by the UK police, plus as mentioned by another investor the due diligence was carried out by Philip Morris, can you explain these actions?

No Neil .....if you read my post I said that the money can be paid to the BUILDER direct, not a 3rd party. And as for the DD then just because Phillip “HAS” done a DD does not mean another company cannot do it and HAS and I have checked all the details myself.

And if as you say that ER are losing millions!!!!! Through this deal then there should be no problem giving up the money and offloading the big burden to them????? But NO, ER are asking 60% from these investors and profiteering. If not then they would be asking for just the remaining money to pay like another builder is. As we stated before 60% of the final sale price is 120% of ER original price so they are making a lot of money that is why all this is happening.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:08 pm 

This was put on the wrong thread, I have moved it here as it is more relevant. Originally posted by stevolena:

Hi does anyone know exactly what is going on at Desert Pearl regarding maintenance issues ie: non payment by most Egyptian owners who just rent out, and what the conclusion will be as many other european owners are also refusing to pay! Fully understandable as why should they pay whilst about 70% of Egyptian owners have never paid a penny! Also does anyone have a contract from El Riad about what can and cannot be done on the complex, we have a number of people with dogs living/renting here and some have altered the front of there apartments externally! Thanks

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:05 pm 

Just to keep you all informed. My Lawyer from Alexandria, and his legal have now won back my apt off El Riad on DP1. We went with the Police and Court officials last week and broke back into my apt. We are now working hard cleaning it up and decorating it again !!!! Please do not give up on something you have paid 100% for. Please PM me if you need any further info. Thanks James.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:05 am 

If you would like to join a new facebook page to complement this forum and take the message about these crooks further click on this link http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 94&sk=wall

Moderators, there will be a link back to this forum to get more people on here I think the word needs spreading about these crooks, if you have noticed all the same sad individuals are on numerous facebook pages and as soon as someone questions them they attack like a pack of dogs. It is time for the hard working, honest investors to start letting the world know how these crooks operate.

Regards

MagnumPI