www.hurghadaresidentsassociation.com

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Desert Pearl 1 information and advice
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:02 pm 

davey wrote:
is there no solictor you can trust who knows the law inside out has most of the facts ask for more if needed just to give advice on the main issues to be able to put in a counter claim to stall the outcome let elraid know what you intend to do
cause even elraid would not want this to go on for years
but first you need to confirm from elraid they are doing this then you would have 500 people on your side

The group has DWS who are very good and have Egyptian solicitors, the issue would be the cost. I would need to ask everyone to pay an amount on account to begin the proceedings, but as you say we need to confirm if ER have in fact contacted the courts.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:27 pm 

or 500 people and families demostrating for justice outside the egption embassy in london ???? press and tv???

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:12 pm 

davey wrote:
or 500 people and families demostrating for justice outside the egption embassy in london ???? press and tv???

I would happily go and protest outside the Egyptian Embassy in London. It would count for more than demonstrating in Egypt. A developer that slaps court orders on things when he can't get wat he wants needs exposing internationally. The Egyptian market is in recession for the first time in decades, so would not want adverse publicity.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:15 pm 

Hi all,
There used to be an Egyptian government Lawyer who was on the last forum who gave solid advice on aspects of Egyptian law etc.
I think his name was zeid Lehia could he be the guy to help us confirm if any reports have been filed in the courts?
Firstly Iam sure that El Riad will not go down this road unless they believe that they have a cast iron case, secondly they would have had to involve the banks in any discussions prior to this decision being made.
Also what happens to all the people who already live there in DP1, possession is nine tenths of the law in any country until proven otherwise.What will the courts do with them.
Just my thoughts hope it helps.

Best regards
Steve McGarrigle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:27 pm 

Apologies mind getting frazzled with all this info to take on board, just perused my emails and found this guy's name and address below can anyone contact direct via DWS
I was close with the last effort but thought it might help if a gave the right name and info on him.

Best regards

Steve McGarrigle

Zeiad Yehia
Head of Legal Department
City and Urban International

Gendy Mall, King of Bahrain St., 2nd Floor,

Neama Bay, Sharm el Sheikh,

South Sinai, Egypt.
Telephone: +20 69 3601515
Fax: +20 69 3601520
Cellular: +20 12 3344988

http://www.cui-egypt.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:33 am 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
I take it they are not accepting the offer then!!! If this is true the only way forward will be a legal one and no doubt as owners with property in the apartments and proof ofpayment to WWD you will need to lodge your own police reports to say you are beiing stopped from entering your property. I am absolutley dumbfounded as to the sheer pig-headiness of some people. I will have to speak to DWS and see what this all means in "English" under Egyptian Law. However i am not sure the banks will be aware of this and as they have a big stake in the development they may be able to apply pressure!!!

Hi. The `post` that is giving us all concern was first displayed on another forum. The person who posted it stated quote"here is a letter i received this morning" unquote. Did they actually mean an e-mail as oppposed to a letter? and Is it just me or my wishful thinking... but i do not understand why did only one person receive the "letter". /e-mail. Would it not have been sent out to more purchasers or your good self Neil. Im not convinced about the validity of it.
And as Steve McGarrigle points out... what about the residents that live on site? ....well, as said before maybe wishful thinking..!!

Di

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:56 am 

I think one problem we have to get sorted out is the outstanding 60%,a lot of people still owe on their apartments.Like with any building company or business,cash flow is vital.I feel once there has been a large cash injection into the development,from these outstanding payments,we will have a more clearer view of things.
If this was built in England,and your final payments were this long overdue,you would be facing legal proceedings,or perhaps loose your initial 40%,therefore loosing your apartment.
I know this sounds a bit harsh,but we are all in the boat.I myself have payed the full 100%,and therefore do not want to loose my apartment.The only solution to this is to pay out what you owe,then we can see what is actually outstanding!!
Sorry to sound so blunt about all this,but this is now coming up to the 3rd year for me with DP1.I would have thought by now,we could enjoy our apartment,without any problems.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:15 am 

I may be wrong but it may have something to do with the people who were promised a mortgage, they may still be waiting to get funding, which is why their 60% is still outstanding. Hopefully this will be rectified soon for them.
BW :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:18 am 
Site Admin

If El-Riad UL et-al came clean in the begining and asked everyone to work with them to find a solution this would probably all be in the past now, instead they have resorted to lies, cheating and bullying. They have had plenty of opportunity to come forward and sort this out (they know who the main contacts are) but they haven't bothered, so at the moment nobody trusts them.
It's complete BS that they claim not to have any purchasers details. How many people have been to site in person trying to sort out their appartments. How many more have emailed and posted their details to them) Yet they can always manage to send out emails asking for your details again when it comes to getting money from you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:14 am 

I have emailed Mohamed Hussein at El-Riad asking him if the statement posted on Wolrdweb Properties was from El-Riad. Will let you know if I get a reply.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:53 am 

Hi Barbie,
I think you may have a better chance taking the queen's corgie's for a walk!! rather then waiting for a response from him, we are still waiting for the breakdown of payments he suggested to email our company back in April but still no reply.
My guess is that they are using scare tactics like they did on the last forum, and who knows whether or not if they have access to this forum as well under an alias?
The thought had crossed my mind; but I am sure we have nothing to fear from them as they know we are strong now as a group.
With the current interaction from DWS in the Egypt, I suggest they will be very wary of what move to use next.

Any eventually with the above posting would have been very apparent to all by now, the first people to know will be the people living there in DP1 and any news like that spreads like wild fire as you know!
I am sure Neil will confirm the answer on the above subject over the next day or two from the bank; in respect of this supposed threatened court filing action from EL Raid.

Best Regards

Steve McGarrigle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:33 am 

I have asked the bank to confirm whether or not the statement from ER is true as i am sure they would need to give some sort of backing seeing as they have a major investment (£3m) in it. Going off the email i received back from the bank on Sunday (posted above) i would say not, going off the final sentance "dont pay any money direct to ER".

I will let you all know if i hear anything and i have put your idea across to DWS Steve, will let you know once i have a reply back. Has anyone contacted the Embassies in Cairo reference this, if so what were the replies?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:42 pm 

I have just emailed the Egyptian Minister for Tourism, Minister for Investment, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Red Sea Governor, Secratary General, Red Sea Governor and a couple others asking for help.

I have had a reply from El Riad and it wasn't a no, so i hope they come back to me again so we can get the ball rolling. Can i just reiterate to everyone the extra 10% if paid will ONLY be paid if all legal paperwork is correct and everything is done through solicitors.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:22 pm 

Hi Neil,
Based on your last posting I think we may have created a major problem for EL Riad, as they are probably not communicating with the bank as we suspected.
Could it be possible that they are still trying to extort money from existing owners into their own coffers, and your direct action in contacting the bank and keeping them upto speed has faltered their dastardly deeds. In turn, the bank has communicated with EL Riad to let them know that they are aware of their criminal actions.

Can we get information from a direct source in Hurghada IE - possibly someone who has just gone out there; to view and inspect their investment?
We may be able to confirm if they are still touting for money underhanded, before letting these owners into their apartments,
(If this is still so of course). Also, could we persuade these owners to contact the bank directly and let them know what is happening at first hand?

Just my thoughts
Steve McGarrigle ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:26 am 
ska123 wrote:
If any one else used LAW and began their purchase after feb 2008 like I did, I would like to hear as we can sue them for failing on due diligence. If we do a joint action against LAW we can all reduce our costs. I beggan in June 2008 and LAW are trying to tell me they did a due diligence including Land registry chaeck back in 2007 and that they are within their rights to use this historical due diligence a year later when I paid him £1000 for a completely new due diligence. The only quick way for any one else is for all of us to get together and sue for negligence. By doing a joint action we can reduce costs. I spoke to DWS and they did say that the excuse they relied on a historical due diligence is very poor. There will be difficulties though...where do we sue him ? In UK or Egypt etc ? but we will worry about it later, we must 1st get together and see how many of us, rough cost etc. Also we can go down legal complints route also. I would suggest that we wait to see what these negotiations etc will bring before we do anything as LAW will instantly drop anything for us as soon as we launch any kind of action..BUT how long can we wait? I will give another 2 months and then kiss goodbye to my apartment and try to recover my payments by suing LAW.

Hi !
i used LAW as well and my contract made in July 2008 . i `ve paid just 50% through thew to WWD but it still significant amount of monies for me. i`ve paid also 1`050£ for a service. Then i`ve ben asked for 500£ more in order to negotiate on my behalf with ER. i`m still have more questions then answers regarding my situation.It is not clear at all for me my legal charges and disbursements breakdown . i would be more then happy join to this action and try to find ways to sue them .
Kind regards
Alex

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:35 pm 

The statements from El-Riad and United Lawyers was posted on Web World Properties. As far as I know it has not been sent to owners and I certainly have not received notification although I'm an owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:30 am 

wwc, why would Mr. Mohamed Refaat write to El Riad and more importantly Mr. Yasser Ahmed Ibrahim in English, Mr. Ibrahim does not speak, read or write in English hence why Mr. Mohamed Hussain does all negotiations. I would also comment that having seen previous emails and letters from Mr. Reefat this is particularly good English and looks to have been written by someone else :?:

As asked previously please verify the origin of this information or it will be removed, thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:43 am 

you will find that these posts where on this forum first before webworld http://www.topix.com/forum/hobbies/TPEV ... 1#lastPost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:42 am 
Hi i have just had an alarming bit of news direct from DP1 this morning and that is ER are forcibly gaining access to an empty fully furnished apartment owned by a guy who went out to Hurghada some weeks ago and who paid the extra money demanded by ER before gaining access. He had received an amendment to his contract from them with the assurances so easily given by them and assumed all was secure, at least for the time being. He is due to fly out today and i have yet to be able to contact him to inform him of the situation and consequently he is totally unaware of what is awaiting him.
Anybody wishing to pay ER extra money or swap their apartments for some promise of a new development be aware of the ethos and behaviour of the people you are dealing with.
Yes this may be the time to put all this debarcle into the hands of the courts as during all these negotiations it seems ER is going around doing as they wish and gaining access to as many empty apartments to strengthen their position if and when it does.
I sincerly hope these last rounds of negotiations with the banks, owners and ER bear fruit because this whole mess is sinking into lawlessness and deceit and owners not on the site and without representation are at a huge disadvantage.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:53 pm 
Hi all

Somewhat surprised that United Lawyers have let themselves down by having a go at us in the association. I for one have never ever received any reply's from UL to requests for clarification on a number of points of concern in regard to my DP1 purchase. Strange to think that UL would advise me now on a matter that really is none of their concern, I for one think that the association is a great idea and support it fully. As I have never received any personal replies to requests from information I required I am contacting UL requesting they remove my mailing address from there list. I will also be informing them,if I receive anymore e-mails from them I seek legal advice as to what action can be taken to force them to adhere to my request. As a member of the association I am speaking for myself but feel it would be wise for all of us to consider this action so we can move forward in unity without our association being blackened.

In time we in the association can become much strong without other parties trying to score points at our expense. We made a choice to move forward as one unit together to resolve these issues if we hold tight we will pull through. So stand firm and tell UL thank you for your effort but we no longer wish to avail of your service. Its up to us all to do this now so UL can longer have any influence in the negotiation process were we are concerned. This can only help bring about more clarity on things.

Regards

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:18 am 

[quote="Dunny69"]Hi i have just had an alarming bit of news direct from DP1 this morning and that is ER are forcibly gaining access to an empty fully furnished apartment owned by a guy who went out to Hurghada some weeks ago and who paid the extra money demanded by ER before gaining access. He had received an amendment to his contract from them with the assurances so easily given by them and assumed all was secure, at least for the time being. He is due to fly out today and i have yet to be able to contact him to inform him of the situation and consequently he is totally unaware of what is awaiting him.

This is a really alarming piece of news. Is there anyone out in Hurghada who can tell me about L203? It would be really interesting to know if there really is any furniture in this apt also.

We really do all have to stick together. We are certainly starting to rattle some cages. I for one, am determined to fight this to the end.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:50 am 
tonskey i will ask my mate who is out their to have a look

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:15 pm 

anything to report sarah? would be intrested
sarahc wrote:
hi,

They cannot sell any properties until it goes to court. This is yet again another fright tactic.

I amm going over on Friday so i will put a truthful report of my finding and what i have learned.

Sarahx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:07 pm 

robo wrote:
anything to report sarah? would be intrested
sarahc wrote:
hi,

They cannot sell any properties until it goes to court. This is yet again another fright tactic.

I amm going over on Friday so i will put a truthful report of my finding and what i have learned.

Sarahx

I heard yesterday from a friend living in Hurghada that there are apartments being sold in DP1 mostly to Russians and Egyptians , but these could be ones that have not been sold in the past, or resale ones.
I don't know.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:41 pm 

Just read this on another forum...

***A few new reports claiming a lot of people have swapped developments now,if you are one of those people can you please tell us which development you have swapped too.

Please answer on your new development thread.

Apparently the court is now handling the case for Desert Pearl 1, a decision is expected within 3 months.***

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:33 pm 

Anyone know the situation with Well Placed Apartments regarding their permission from ER to rent out apartments?? especially as it seems ER are doing the renting/key holding themselves....
Just wondering !!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:49 pm 

CELF wrote:
Anyone know the situation with Well Placed Apartments regarding their permission from ER to rent out apartments?? especially as it seems ER are doing the renting/key holding themselves....
Just wondering !!!

I spoke to Paul from WPA today, they are over in DP1 now on holiday and he said the situation was very poor and ER are trying to take over the rentals and want to take a hefty sum for their troubles!!!!! The sooner this is all sorted the quicker those crooks can be ousted, i am so disappointed in them the way they have treated everyone involved. If they had taken the high ground after all that had happened with WWD i am sure people would have helped them recover some of the money and they could be on their way to a huge profit in DP2 and CSP by now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:59 pm 

Hi Neil

WHY do ER think they can do whatever they like and WHY are the people living at the development not reporting them to the police??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:49 pm 

for people who have not contributed to HRA dont get smug,thinking your apartments are safe , i have paid extra monies thinking i was safe
with my apartment.

do not let these people fool you , once you pay your extra monies they dont give a dam, (they are laughing at you)

get your money out join the HRA. And get a spine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:04 am 

robo wrote:
for people who have not contributed to HRA dont get smug,thinking your apartments are safe , i have paid extra monies thinking i was safe
with my apartment.

do not let these people fool you , once you pay your extra monies they dont give a dam, (they are laughing at you)

Robo can I please ask you WHY you have not reported El-Riad to the police, what is stopping you and the other purchasers putting in a complaint...just trying to understand because if you were in this dilemma in the UK..I'm sure you would contact the police here even if it was only to get advice. So what is the difference??

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:17 am 

CELF wrote:
robo wrote:
with my apartment.

Robo can I please ask you WHY you have not reported El-Riad to the police, what is stopping you and the other purchasers putting in a complaint...just trying to understand because if you were in this dilemma in the UK..I'm sure you would contact the police here even if it was only to get advice. So what is the difference??

Hi CELF, im not sure even reporting things to the police would have an impact over there, it seems to be avery corupt place and the only way forward is to use outside agencies who can contact the right people, issue correct documentation and therfore circumvent what is happening in Hurghada.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:09 pm 

Yes I see where you are coming from and I do realise what we purchasers are up against, It is my understanding that if a complaint is made by say 4-5 people to the police (as in Peter Morris's case) investigations of the complaint will have to be actioned, This may involve the person having the complaint made against them having a spell in the equivalent of HMP. This of course would be very unlikely, but in the same respect it may persuade the people in question that we mean business.
Issuing of documentation etc.... may take time due to the paltry support of funding and in the meantime, ll ER continue their quest to totally take over our developments.
I must admit I hate the "do everything by the book attitude", we British have as a nation.

This is just my opinion and like everyone else who has paid is willing to use DWS's expertise.

El-Riad Directors should be thinking back to the Suez crisis, when many British servicemen were sent to Egypt... including my Father...If it wasn't for them there would'nt be any Egypt now.....
On a lighter note must go and put the Violin away and take another one of my pills.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:17 pm 

For all those having issues with renting out their apartments becuase ER are saying the contracts say you can't then please see clause 6 in your contract. I know many different versions are out there but they should all say something similar to this:

Clause 6 - Form of using the housing unit sold

The Second Party (you the buyer) undertakes that his/her enjoyment of the housing unit be limited to the essential purpose of purchase , namely: use for dwelling, the Second Party (YOU) may rent out as a dwelling.

This clause states you can rent it out what is doesn't say is that the First Party (ER, WWD, Rawan) can rent them out so they are violating the contracts and as they have now referred to the contracts themselves i take it this means they are valid!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:45 pm 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
For all those having issues with renting out their apartments becuase ER are saying the contracts say you can't then please see clause 6 in your contract. I know many different versions are out there but they should all say something similar to this:

Clause 6 - Form of using the housing unit sold

The Second Party (you the buyer) undertakes that his/her enjoyment of the housing unit be limited to the essential purpose of purchase , namely: use for dwelling, the Second Party (YOU) may rent out as a dwelling.

This clause states you can rent it out what is doesn't say is that the First Party (ER, WWD, Rawan) can rent them out so they are violating the contracts and as they have now referred to the contracts themselves i take it this means they are valid!!!!

how right you are Neil, they can't have it both ways

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:06 pm 

Hi all, this is my first entry onto the forum. I have paid 40% for Coral Seal Pearl. I was in Hurghada on Saturday 26th July and visited the site for the first time. We were invited to have a look inside the gates of Desert Pearl (we didn't mention that we were investors). We were greeted by a guy who said he'd just been employed by El Riad the day before to look after the development. He said El Riad had decided to cut out the middleman and do everything themselves. He asked us if we were interested in buying on Desert Pearl - he asked us how much we were prepared to spend and we could give him a ring if we wanted to negotiate a price for an apartment. I was wondering if all of the apartments have been originally been paid for and is he trying to sell them again. Does anyone know this out of curiosity?
Outside the gates were a couple of people who have been renting the apartments out I assume on behalf of investors. They told me that they'd been kicked out of Desert Pearl that day and the tourists they had arriving that day weren't going to be allowed to stay in the apartments. They were frantically ringing around trying to get alternative accomodation for the poor people who were about to arrive! I told the rental guy I was an investor and he said not to give anyone anymore money (which we wouldn't anyway) and not to touch it with a bargepole! He says they change their mood from day to day. I must admit the situation wasn't very encouraging. On the gates was a notice which said anyone with a contract signed by Peter Morris was not allowed on the premises. Just thought I'd share this with everyone. We came away wondering whether we wanted anything to do with the whole thing - although we have decided to join in with the court proceedings. Has anyone else got any more info?

Regards
Carole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:57 pm 

Hi Carole
Welcome to the forum and thanks for taking the time and trouble to write your report for us all to read.
Things don't seem to be going too well for us all over there. It is so frustrating being so far away and not knowing what is going on. We can only get information from people like you who have visited the complex and are kind enough, when they return, to bother to write the information on this forum.
Unfortunately, it would seem the contracts signed by Peter Morris issue has not gone away.
Which apartments were ER offering to sell you? Were they on DP1, DP2 and CP? I think we all realise now that no one's apartment is safe and that we must all stick together and let DWS sort it all out for us.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:53 pm 

Has anyone had any dealings good, bad or indifferent with an Ian Marsh from a company called Think-Egypt in relation to Desert Pearl 1?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:29 pm 

Quote:
Has anyone had any dealings good, bad or indifferent with an Ian Marsh from a company called Think-Egypt in relation to Desert Pearl 1

Hi tdmcg, i dont know if Ian Marsh had anything to do with DP, i think he did with Suleder, but i could be wrong. I think he is having a tough time with the builders on Paradise Hills at the moment trying to get money back etc...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:41 pm 

Hi everyone,

i have fully paid for my apartment in Desert pearl one last year and have the dreaded Peter Morris contract.I have visited the apartment in DP1 and actually stayed there (May this year) but fell into the trap of paying ELRiad for a so called electricicty meter,etc, however did go to a registry place and signed to say I owned the property. Whether all this will do any good I do not know, but what I do know is that you cannot trust anyone out there.I have now paid the £400 to fully join the HRA and will fully support any action we have to take to sort out this mess.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:48 pm 

Pinacolada wrote:
Hi Carole
Welcome to the forum and thanks for taking the time and trouble to write your report for us all to read.
Things don't seem to be going too well for us all over there. It is so frustrating being so far away and not knowing what is going on. We can only get information from people like you who have visited the complex and are kind enough, when they return, to bother to write the information on this forum.
Unfortunately, it would seem the contracts signed by Peter Morris issue has not gone away.
Which apartments were ER offering to sell you? Were they on DP1, DP2 and CP? I think we all realise now that no one's apartment is safe and that we must all stick together and let DWS sort it all out for us.

The guy was trying to sell us and apartment on DP1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:51 pm 

Hi this is my first posting. We have an apartment in DP1 and have paid 100% plus furniture etc, we went out in May and were told the only way to secure it was to pay El Riad a further £2000 which we did, even though we have a contract signed by Sean Woodhalls replacements (not Peter Morris). We were told this was for past maintenance, electricity, water etc. We also paid Desert Pearl or WWD £500 for maintenance but could not get this back. We have had 2 rentals in it via Jayne Miss know it all but the last tenant left due to all the hassle and the keys have been handed to the police because Jayne was threatened with prison if she didn't hand them over.

We were away for 3 weeks with very little access to e-mail and couldn't respond - we were worried sick! We've now joined the HRA (with a big thanks to Neil for sending me the paperwork I couldn't access) and wondered if anyone else's keys are now with the police?

Cheers

Mocah

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:52 pm 

HI ALL

HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN CONTACTED TODAY BY NICK BICKHAM, PMS LAWYER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:48 pm 

tdmcg wrote:
Has anyone had any dealings good, bad or indifferent with an Ian Marsh from a company called Think-Egypt in relation to Desert Pearl 1?

Ian Marsh of "Think-Egypt" and his "Egyptian Partners" associates are very credible companies trying to promote projects that are equally credible. Desert Pearl projects were fine in the beginning till El-Riad and their various Practical partners (land owners) seemed to have played around with client monies. Egypt Real, Egyptian Partners and many other companies including mine, pulled out of promoting them when their main agents World Wide Developments had accountancy conflict with El-Riad.

That opened a Pandoras Box.

However, that's not to say all Egyptian developers are as honest as Ian and other European marketing companies that are contracted to promote their projects. The fact is we do our very best to find the best projects with full due diligence reports and we still get let down when Egyptian Developments fail to deliver their products, either on time or up to standard. It cannot be blamed on the recession. Egyptian developers should have all the neccessary funding; but we all know how banks can work..

Ian has now become the vice-chairman of the Residential Tourism Development Association (RTDA) and together with the Association of International Property Professionals (AIPP) aim to regulate parts of the industry that is presently causing many concerns to investors. Presently AIPP are the only watchdog. This organisation helps customers of developers who are registered with them. That means 85% of Egyptian projects have no recourse of action and the Consumer Protection Agency in Egypt only cover products and not property as yet.

However change takes time.
To help, independent businesses could assist on the ground keeping investors in the picture. It seems the only course at present are these forums. But these don't fix the problems. Neither it seems can local agents, who have no jurisdiction over the development companies they represent.

I can only state that we promoters have only your interests at heart and would welcome any comments on how we can effectively create this change for the better.

Kind regards.
Alan Cockayne - Coralife-Style consultants.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:42 pm 

Hi ,

I have received an e-mail from Peter Morris addressed to Desert Pearl One members and another from Alan of DP Residents,
has anyone else ?

Rod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:11 pm 

Hi,

Does anyone know of a letting agency in Hurghada that would be able to find a long term let for an aprtment in DP1?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:20 pm 

StephenB wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know of a letting agency in Hurghada that would be able to find a long term let for an aprtment in DP1?

Thanks

Sara at Sun Homes Egypt has just let mine for me here is her email egypt@sun-homes.co.uk tell her Mark in A302 gave you her details -- I would recomend her as she checks out the tenants , Takes a bond and inspects monthly..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:07 am 

Hiya - so you have been able to rent out your apartment in DP1 whilst the negotiations / arbitration case is still on-going? Did you need to get permission from El Riad first?

Regards
DP 1 owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:50 pm 

Pebble8 wrote:
Hiya - so you have been able to rent out your apartment in DP1 whilst the negotiations / arbitration case is still on-going? Did you need to get permission from El Riad first?

Regards
DP 1 owner

No i didnt need permision, I paid my balance of 60% direct to El Riad and told them if they didnt allow me to rent it i would make a formal complaint to the police through my Lawyer in Hurghada about the mortgage being on the land as there contract they gave me in Feb stated that there was,nt and if i made a complaint they would have to return my money-- they didnt want to do that so they backed off.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:12 pm 

skidders wrote:
Pebble8 wrote:

Regards
DP 1 owner

No i didnt need permision, I paid my balance of 60% direct to El Riad and told them if they didnt allow me to rent it i would make a formal complaint to the police through my Lawyer in Hurghada about the mortgage being on the land as there contract they gave me in Feb stated that there was,nt and if i made a complaint they would have to return my money-- they didnt want to do that so they backed off.

what a set of crooks. ( unbeleavable)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:29 pm 

Hi Im new to the forum I was just wondering if there is any news on DP1 because I have just seen a studio apartment up for sale for $30000 online, how can this be? Also does anybody know when the loan on the land was taken out by ER or E Rawan and should this have been picked up in the Due Diligence?

Thanks

buddy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next