www.hurghadaresidentsassociation.com

It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: DP1 FINAL OFFER FOR SETTLEMENT.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:09 am 

TO ALL DP1 PURCHASERS

THE FOLLOWING DEAL HAS BEEN NEGOTIATED WITH YASSER (ER) BY DWS FOR DP1 OWNERS:

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFER ON THE TABLE.

YOU MUST DECIDE:
A) Either have your apartment checked and if all ok pay 15% or
B) Swap for a new one in Mama Mia Golf and Spa Resort in Sahl Hasheesh.

IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD THE 15% EXTRA YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SWAP FOR AN IDENTICAL APARTMENT. AT LEAST THIS WAY YOU WILL COME OUT WITH SOMETHING FOR YOUR MONEY. IF YOU DO NOT DECIDE, THEN YOU MAY VERY WELL RISK LOSING YOUR APARTMENT AND ENDING UP WITH NOTHING.

NEIL HAS ALL SOME DETAILS OF THE NEW MAMA MIA GOLF AND SPA RESORT IN SAHL HASHEESH, BUT IS ALSO HAVING DWS CHECK IT OUT LEGALLY BEFORE ANY DEALS ARE DONE.

ANYONE WISHING TO TAKE UP THIS OFFER AND IS CURRENTLY NOT A MEMBER OF THE HURGHADA RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION WILL NEED TO PAY THE £400 FEE, WHICH INCLUDES £100 FOR A COPY OF THE UNBIASED LEGAL REPORT AND £300 FOR THE LEGAL NEGOTIATIONS.

Post subject: Re: DP1 FINAL OFFER FOR SETTLEMENT.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:47 pm 

I have unlocked this so non members can give me an idea of which option they would prefer, some have emailed but you can post here if you wish. Although it is still dependent on paying the fees the same as everyone else has. I need a rough idea ASAP before we lose momentum, I have a good number already let me know if you wish to be included (you will only have to pay once the deal is secure and you wish to be involved).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:41 pm 

Hi Neil,
Good news, but when does the 15% have to be paid by, it will help in my final dicision.
sophie.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:40 pm 

More importantly, who is it payable to?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:43 am 

It is payable direct to the bank via solicitors and it will be due whenever we get a decision (sorry I can't be more specific, I don't even know if it will go ahead yet).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:32 am 

Hi Neil

Re: DP1 K202

Appologies for taking so long to reply with a final decision, but for financial reasons it has not been an easy decision to make. If the studio is OK and will not need further costs, then I will go with the extra 15%. If further cash is needed then I will reluctantly go with the exchange. The studio was fully paid including furniture and was unused and ready for letting, all checks had been made with documents and photos.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:54 pm 

I am posting this annoucement from Neil on the general forum as we now need as many DP1 owners as possible, to take up this offer.

Re: HRA/DWS Legal action

Postby RivermeadGlobal » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:29 pm
Dear All, FANTASTIC NEWS AT LAST!!!!! Please see below, I need everyone who has not already done so to contact me with their apartment numbers, it appears Yasser wants those who have only paid 40% to swap but he didn't call me so I need to check. Please pass this to everyone so we can get a final list as DWS want this finalised by the end of this week.

Dear Neil

Further to our email of 24 October 2009, please find below a summary report on the points discussed with ER (Yasser) on Friday, 23 October:

1. Yasser commenced that the meeting by stating that he is anxious to bring these negotiations to end towards signing the necessary documentation for each of the owners among our group as: (i) ER is under great pressure from NBAD; a matter which causing that Yasser is transferring to NBAD as much as he can amounts from his own funds; (ii) the matter is getting somehow into a stage where his own reputation within the market is ruined.

2. We focused at that meeting on the basis of the agreement reached with you during your meeting with him, i.e.: (a) payment of 15% above the purchase price by each owner and to swap, at the request of the interested owner, to the new project of to be constructed in Sahl Hasheesh by Ehab and his partner or any other project currently developed by Yasser ; (b) the owners are free to rent out their respective apartments; (c) a new maintenance company to step in. We started to discuss the list sent by you on 22 October but Yasser mentioned that he received this list from you and is fully aware of its contents.

3. We noted to Yasser that we want to sign necessary documents by the end of this week at the latest and he agreed subject to final list. Yasser proposed that we may proceed in signing the necessary agreement with NBDA, ER and El-Rawan (represented by ER by virtue of the power of attorney granted to it by El Rawan) using the form signed with Philip Morris. We told him that we will prepare our own draft and execute accordingly.

It is important to state that Yasser attempted to put a new point on the table to the effect that:

(i) the 15% will be accepted only from those owners who have completed the purchase price in full; and

(ii) those owners who have only paid 40% the purchase price will not be required to pay the 15% but rather will be offered another unit in a different project.

However, we refused the principle of discussing any new issue that may hinder the negotiation as we are reaching a conclusion to these long-negotiated issue. This is in addition to the fact that if even we accept the principle conveying this issue to the owners and obtaining their approval/rejection will unnecessarily cause further delay which neither the owners nor us is ready to accept. Yasser mentioned that he will call you to discuss with you and revert to us with the outcome of your discussion on Saturday evening or Sunday morning at the latest. Nevertheless, he hasn't reverted despite we had to postpone this report until we hear from him.

In this respect, we would greatly appreciate receiving an update of the list sent to us on 22 October 2009 as soon as practicably possible.

We hope the above is satisfactory and we are please to discuss at this report any time at your convenience.
Best Regards,

Neil Hollingsworth
Mob - 07717826505
Email: neil@rivermeadglobalproperty.co.uk
Website - http://www.rivermeadglobalproperty.co.uk

RivermeadGlobal

* Private message

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:06 pm 

Well done Neil,

Its great to hear so many new owners are coming on board and it sounds as if we could be in for Christmas with any luck .

Again many many thanks and I feel it was £300 well spent

regards

Rod

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:01 pm 

Hi guys do we know if the following has been implemented yet......it is part of the report posted on the 26th October but related to info received 23rd October... barring all rumours circulating about the deal in question. Anyone heard anything??

3. We noted to Yasser that we want to sign necessary documents by the end of this week at the latest and he agreed subject to final list. Yasser proposed that we may proceed in signing the necessary agreement with NBDA, ER and El-Rawan (represented by ER by virtue of the power of attorney granted to it by El Rawan) using the form signed with Philip Morris. We told him that we will prepare our own draft and execute accordingly

I am sure ER will have received the updated list as requested are we waiting to find out if Yasser has accepted it or not??

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:37 pm 

CELF wrote:
Hi guys do we know if the following has been implemented yet......it is part of the report posted on the 26th October but related to info received 23rd October... barring all rumours circulating about the deal in question. Anyone heard anything??

3. We noted to Yasser that we want to sign necessary documents by the end of this week at the latest and he agreed subject to final list. Yasser proposed that we may proceed in signing the necessary agreement with NBDA, ER and El-Rawan (represented by ER by virtue of the power of attorney granted to it by El Rawan) using the form signed with Philip Morris. We told him that we will prepare our own draft and execute accordingly

I am sure ER will have received the updated list as requested are we waiting to find out if Yasser has accepted it or not??

They are still trying to get hold of Yasser, he has been away on business. I am waiting for an update of DWS.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:18 pm 

Thanks for info Neil,

I seem to be losing the thread of everything thats happening, with rumours of court cases abounding, groups up to this and that, no actual facts though. This waiting is torture, like you would dearly love to see it all at an end... one way or the other..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:36 am 
Hi everybody,

I think this is my first or second post on this forum.

I would urge everybody to set up a standing order with **** You are being asked to pay £57 per month.

The "unbiased legal report" is limited. Its opinion is also restricted to the sales contracts. No mention in this report covers the Headline Sales Agreements.

I have attempted to converse with the ********* of the HRA,but every time I get blocked.

Your sales agreements are valid. They are recognised as valid by WWDE.

WWDE are pursuing an Arbitration hearing with the parties locked into the Headline Sales Agreements.

Based on the assumption that WWDE win the hearing, every purchaser we be held to the terms of their valid sales agreements.

What does this mean?

This means you need not pay an additional 15%.

You should under no circumtances pay any monies over to Elriad.

I am assuming any monies paid over to DWS will be held in trust. But since the ********* has starved me of information I cannot formulate an opinion.

Insofar as DP2 and Coral Sea Purchasers, I would advise you not to part with any money in respect of DWS legal fees, until you see something in writing from them as to:

their specific terms of reference engagement
a full break down of their costs to date
whether any of their costs is inclusive of your ********** incidental fees
what exactly you are getting for your money

I ask all of you to take an inward look, and establish which camp is likely to offer you the best chance to obtain your apartment?

Why is anybody considering a move on to another development, when the Developer is clearly in financial difficulties, is beyond me.

Remember, you should all read the:

DWS preliminary report
The Grant Thornton Recommendation
The Headline Sales Agreement (talk to ****)
The circulars issued by ****

Please note PM has a Builder on standby to complete the Development.

I initially was an opponent because of the maintenance costs. I have softened my views on the following basis:

I want to gain possession of my apartments
We all accepted the terms of the maintenance fees when we originally signed the agreement.

This personal vendetta by the ********* against PM should stop.

At the end of the ********* has not invested any of his own money into the Development.

We all have.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:01 am 

This may be your first or second posting on this forum, but it is not your first or second posting to all members of the HRA on their personal email addresses is it? You have been bombarding us all with your bullsh*t for the past few weeks! What's the matter, have most people now blocked your emails so you've had to resort to posting on the forum? You are a s** little man with a personal vendetta against Neil, and I for one am not interested in a single word you have to say. Go c***l back to the d***y little h**e you came out of and stop trying to drive a wedge between the members of this forum. People are smart enough to make up their own minds about what is best regarding securing their apartment.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:34 am 

Dear all everyone has permission to have an opinion on this forum without being edited , please try and keep your personal feelings aside when doing so.
I know it is difficult sometimes.
Thank you

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:08 am 
Site Admin

Standm

The rules here are quite simple (and apply to everyone)

Keep all personal issues off the fourm

Keep your information factual.

No promotion or encouraging people to join other groups/actions.

Note 1: Everyone has already been emailed and cold called by PM/OPPN, and if they wanted to join him they would have made their own decision to do so by now.

Note 2: Peter Morris, had previously been given the opportunity to join us and make his contributions to the site. Because he had always maintained that he was a man of his word, and just wanted to help everyone get their apartments and rebuild his reputation, he was given the assurance that he could post unhindered and uncensored (2x members even got banned for 1 week for hassling him) but he chose not to take the offer as he "doesn't do forums".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:09 am 

Thank you Hurghad1 I had already deleted information on this post yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:04 pm 

Dear all,

On the members forum we have been compiling a list of people to contact to try & get some action on our plight regarding DP1, 2 & CSP.

We have been e-mailing & writing to the following & we hope you will join us & do the same to add fuel to the fire !!

If you know of - or can think of any others we can add - please let us know

British Embassy Cairo - consular.cairo@fco.gov.uk
Egyptian Embassy London - eg.emb_london@mfa.gov.eg
Primeminister - questions@cabinet.gov.eg
Minister of Interior - center@iscmi.gov.eg
noha.elgebaly@mfa.gov.eg
london@tamseel-ecs.gov.eg

Reham Samir Khairalla
Technical Member,
Cabinet of the Minister of Tourism
Egyptian Ministry of Tourism
Tel:+202-22611732
Fax:+202-22637199
Mob.:+2-0101513073

rehamkhairalla@hotmail.com

Also added: letters@dailymail.co.uk <letters@dailymail.co.uk> because they promoted property sales in Hurghada and carried an advert for WWD on 27th June 2008

Watchdog@bbc.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:01 pm 
I have found this while searching El Riad http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/off ... egypt.html I take it they are talking about the same people Peter Morris and Nicholas Bickham (Lifetime Lawyer) as I have found on other forums. Also Mohamed Refaat who has been telling people he is the legal representative of Peter Morris's WWDE, what a bunch of crooks they all sound like.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:52 pm 

RivermeadGlobal wrote:
CELF wrote:

They are still trying to get hold of Yasser, he has been away on business. I am waiting for an update of DWS.

Has anyone got any news to report? I have so far been asked again for £570 by peter Morris, another £100 by Philip Morris and £300 to be a fully paid up HRA member. Excuse the pessimism but in March El Riad may no longer exist and no party appears to be making any progress. I would dearly love to know who if anyone is the No. 1 favourite, then I might just be persuaded to throw some more money away. :evil:
Wishing all a happy outcome in 1010.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:23 am 

I agree there is very little news coming from the groups my feeling is that things are not going to well. So it makes it very difficult to decide who to trust and i think the open forum could have a little more information. What has happened to all the deals on the table are people getting there apartments is there any action in the courts. not asking for details but just a summery so people can decide what to do next who is moving forward so you can decide what group to go with if any without having to pay for the privilege

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 am 
This may be a really stupid question but I have lost all confidence and no longer even want the appartment on DP2 which i paid a 40% deposit for:
What is the chance of cutting a deal with ER to get all or part of the deposit back, cancel any agreement and allow them to re-sell it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:22 pm 
Hi Ive just joined the residents association and I was wondering if anyone had anyf urther information on this fiasco. I have bought a apartment on the desert pearl 1 site. Does anyone know whats happening as we are getting no answers from our solicitors.
I had heard that we were having to pay an additional 20% to the bank but why are EL Riad still not signing the contracts??
I would appreciate any information anyone can give me and if you are having any joy with anything....thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:22 pm 

louisepinder wrote:
Hi Ive just joined the residents association and I was wondering if anyone had anyf urther information on this fiasco. I have bought a apartment on the desert pearl 1 site. Does anyone know whats happening as we are getting no answers from our solicitors.
I had heard that we were having to pay an additional 20% to the bank but why are EL Riad still not signing the contracts??
I would appreciate any information anyone can give me and if you are having any joy with anything....thanks

are you with mohamed refaat at united lawyers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:21 pm 

DanG wrote:
This may be a really stupid question but I have lost all confidence and no longer even want the appartment on DP2 which i paid a 40% deposit for:
What is the chance of cutting a deal with ER to get all or part of the deposit back, cancel any agreement and allow them to re-sell it?

my advice is join hra and pay towards legal bills, with the rest of us then you might stand a chance with this massive group , or probably wave your money goodbye.
good luck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:27 pm 
sophie wrote:
louisepinder wrote:

No Philip Morris is our solicitor. Who are you with

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:02 pm 

louisepinder wrote:
sophie wrote:
louisepinder wrote:

No Philip Morris is our solicitor. Who are you with

he was my soliciter at 1 time !! happy reading.
http://www.propertyhotspotsworldwide.co ... 4&page=309

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:13 pm 

I have heard that there are good lawyers in UK who can pursue legal action against LAW for negligence for around GBP 5000. It appears Philip Morris was not acting as independent lawyer but trying to help his criminal friends Andrew Harris and Sean Woodhall (they were good mates). So philip Morris must have known all along. When our monies were handed over to WWD they were already under fraud investigation, so if that was the case why was our monies handed over ??

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:22 pm 

hi l pinder
denton wilde& sapte is the way to go forward .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:04 am 

i agree with Robo i am with ul but have paid dws as well and boy am i glad i did, i would advise you do the same.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm 
robo wrote:
hi l pinder

Thanks for the message who are denton wilde & sapte , as I havent heard of them. Does that mean that they have sorted things out for you

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:09 pm 
robo wrote:
I have heard that there are good lawyers in UK who can pursue legal action against LAW for negligence for around GBP 5000. It appears Philip Morris was not acting as independent lawyer but trying to help his criminal friends Andrew Harris and Sean Woodhall (they were good mates). So philip Morris must have known all along. When our monies were handed over to WWD they were already under fraud investigation, so if that was the case why was our monies handed over ??

Thanks for my message and the website above, I tried to write a reply but it didnt seem to let me. Am I right in thinking that people have complained about Philip Morris, I must admit i had a few concerns and am unsure on what I can actually write on her, but I just want an end to it all, as im sure like everyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:11 pm 
sophie wrote:
i agree with Robo i am with ul but have paid dws as well and boy am i glad i did, i would advise you do the same.

Thanks sophie i will look them up

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:03 pm 

louisepinder wrote:
robo wrote:
hi l pinder

Thanks for the message who are denton wilde & sapte , as I havent heard of them. Does that mean that they have sorted things out for you

Denton Wilde & Sapte are international solicitors with a head office in London and an office in Cairo. Look up their web site. They are negotiating with ER for our apartments and will also do our new contracts. Does that help?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:08 pm 
Barbie wrote:
louisepinder wrote:
robo wrote:
hi l pinder

Denton Wilde & Sapte are international solicitors with a head office in London and an office in Cairo. Look up their web site. They are negotiating with ER for our apartments and will also do our new contracts. Does that help?

Can I ask if you are making any progress with them, as to be honest I thought we were making progress with PM but now nothing again, its so difficult knowing which avenue to go down money money money with no light at the end

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:24 pm 

Hi louisepinder

It is definately a roller coaster ride, but we are kept well informed on the HRA members section of this website. Without it I would have given up a long time ago. I was very unhappy with UL, they are very erratic. I feel safer with DWS and seem very thorough.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:24 am 

Dear HRA members

I know this may sound strange but could anyone confirm if the DP1 debacle was before the courts lately. Maybe I am misreading information coming from all quater but.

I get the impression the DP1 issue was brought before the courts in Egypt?

If so when did the case go before the courts?

Who took the action?

And was there any outcome?

Just asking to bring some clarity to the information on number different site over the last couple of months. I have seen the term court mentioned a few different times but am unsure if these actions have taken place.

Philip HRA member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:46 pm 

My apartment has been broken into, and i am fighting for it myself, even though i have paid into the HRA. 2 yrs of talking and we are still waiting.....i have had enough of waiting, i have been to Egypt twice this year already, fighting my own corner, its time you all did the same, before its to late, do not surrender your contracts for new ones at Pyramids, if they are worth nothing why do you have to cancell them, ask yourself that question. Also dont put your trust in someone else...how do you know they have not been corrupted. The only person who can fight for youer apartment is you, not a residents association, you are not residents, your apartments have been stolen. You need to make a police report in Hurghada and then get yourself a good lawyer. If anyone would like any further info please PM me, there are to many busy bodies on here to give out certain info. Come on its time to fight back, talking and waiting time is over, what have you actually gained in the last 1- 2 yrs of waiting ????

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:59 pm 

Its been intimated El Riad need to sell DP1 as its the only assett they have but where did this info come from? Have I missed something, is so please direct me to the evidence corroborating this?
Its obvious they owe the bank but that shouldn't impact on the owners at all. Buildings get bought and sold all the time with tenants still intact!
I believed all along any dealings on behalf of HRA should have been done with the bank, and in fact there where in-roads to that effect at one time, so what happened to those discussions? In fact ther have been numerous deals on the table.
If the bank forecloses on ER thats them out of the way for good. Do you think the bank wants the property, I don't think so? The bank would be glad if you ask me to have anyone raise its capital value and that will only happen if there are poeple in it.
I have recently tried to being myself up to speed with this debacle and in fact I never appreciated how many developments ER had on the go, and you know what, there doesn't seem to be ANYONE that hasn't had a problem with them, and that includes both the investors and agents (and the bank obviously too) - they fall out with everyone, so how come? AND its been going on for years - how does that saying go again, a leopard never changes its spots!
So now they want everyone to move out of a perfectly good complex, rip up their contracts, move to one that isn't even built yet, incur all sorts of additional charges, all that on the back of the fact no one ACTUALLY trusts them, no one ACTUALLY believes a word they say, and no one ACTUALLY knows anything about their business, except they seem to be good at changing the goal posts when the mood takes them.
At the end of the day its business as usual, its still ER at the helm and in charge!! As far as I see (and from reading from all the posts on all the sites about all the various developments) you'd be better off signing a contract with the Taliban!
Quite apart from ANYTHING surely it is up to El Riad to put out a press release (like any professional company worth their salt would do), and lay bare the reasoning behind their suggestions and provide clear cut solutions to everybodies problems.
Yes we all want to see an end to this debacle and grasp with open arms the thinnest straw of hope.
Yes we are glad of the HRA and its representation and anything it can do or has done in the past, or is still doing in fact.
Yes we are glad due dilligence is being sought by legal representatives (at a cost) but whats actually changed - nothing yet as far as I can see.
Don't get me wrong this is not some cynical rant, I have probably been involved in this for too long (exhausted actually) and wished I'd never even heard of Egypt, so my advice, use EXTREME caution.
Don't jump out of the frying pan into the fire, question the motives behind the offer, and get everything in writing. Finally I have to say 2 weeks is far too short also for everyone to think this through and to do their own due dilligence.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:05 am 

TIME TO GET MY APARTMENT BACK.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:55 pm 

jwd wrote:
TIME TO GET MY APARTMENT BACK.

Well done for achieving your goal.

Now watch the rush for settlements.